NOTHING BUT HEROES AND CHAOS

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Rachel, Dec 16, 2007.

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

Hey guys, I don't usually do this, so you know this has got to be important!

One of my good friends, Jay Wildes, is in a band known as Nothing But Heroes, and their band just finished recording their album at Killswitch Engage's studio here in MA.

Now, he's a music major struggling to get through college like me, and his band is on the Ernie Ball Battle of the Bands to get onto TASTE OF CHAOS.

So, what am I asking?

VOTE.

1) Go to this site. This is their profile. Register and vote! Rank them 5 stars so they can get on the front page to get more votes.

2) Spread the word! Have your friends listen and vote.

And for those who think the song on the profile is slightly too "emo" or whatever for you, here's their song Break The Silence back when they were Jonathan's Distortion:

[youtube]tCBRAOaPcnY[/youtube]

LIKE I SAID I DON'T USUALLY DO THIS, BUT IT'S FOR ONE OF MY CLOSE FRIENDS AND THEY REALLY DESERVE IT.

Thanks a bunch!

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Holy shit, they are amazing. Voted.

Rachel

I figured you would like them, so I was waiting for you to meander into this thread :lol:

Thanks, I'll tell him what you think. Like, you always hear about bands from Boston and the Western part of MA, but never from the North Shore Salem area.

:D

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Plus, bookmark this page...you can vote once every day. What I did. :D

Rachel

Yeah I remember sitting in seminar and I saw Jay and was like HMMM HES WEARING A BLEEDING THROUGH SHIRT LET ME GO TALK TO HIM.

When I finally heard him in the band, I was like "I didn't think you could rip like that, holy shit."

He's really into this band, and like I said before guys, thanks for voting. I really hope they get it, Jay and the band really deserve it.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

They're decent. They remind me alot of Silverstein. Just voted. :)

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Holy McShit, they're good. Both songs are awesome, but I'm definitely digging Break The Silence at the moment.

I voted :)

Rachel

Why thank you both :]

Break the Silence is the first one I heard, and I've been a fan since.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

what the fuck.

the instrumentation = awesome. it's something i'd listen to on a daily basis.

but, it seems like every one of these types of bands i have the same problem with. the vocals. oh my god. something went terribly wrong here, and i can't put my vote down for this. it sounds like his vocal chords are split in half and he has dry mouth.

not my cup of tea. also, i'm a production freak, and the sound quality isn't up to my standards, again, like most of these bands often aren't.

Rachel

Well take into consideration its a local band without half of the production tools of signed bands on large labels.

No band sounds AMAZINGLY PERFECT when they first start off and aren't signed.

Trust me Casey I'm a production freak too, that's my major concentration: music production and engineering.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Yes, I realize they're a local band. That being said, I can present you with a few cases of local bands in my area that have production values that I approve of. The status of the band, socially, has nothing to do with it. It's all about money and connections, to be quite honest.

Anyway, that's not even the point. My main gripe is with the vocals, which are god awful in my opinion. I don't like this at all. If the vocals were halfway decent, I wouldn't mind the production sKiLLz. But, that's a mute point.

I'm sorry to rain on your parade. I'll vote for them just because I love you, though. It's not like I'm actually going or give a fuck about Taste Of Chaos anyway. Hah!

Rachel

Lol yeah I understand, I just become an overzealous music major from time to time :lol:

It could be worse. They could have been Coldread, who apparently HASN'T broken up, thus still torturing the world of Massachusetts local metal by sucking fucking epically. Pretentious assholes, friggin hypocritical lying bastards. [/rant]

[youtube]SLg4O5jxFu4[/youtube]

I'd rather see Nothing But Heroes than see Coldread, and Coldread has 3 cds and has toured a bit.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

That makes two of us who know bands trying to get on Taste of Chaos...

well, my friend's band got on last year (Enter The Collector). Lets give your friend's band a vote.