November 9, 2014 - Oberhausen, Germany

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Nov 8, 2014.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

New place for the band!
    Tomorrow, for the first time ever, Linkin Park will play in Oberhausen! So let's talk about previous.... wait. Well this got tricky. *scratches head* Hmm... Alright, let's just cover what the band has done in Germany this year instead. Linkin Park first performance in Germany for this year was at Rock am Ring. I already summed that show up in the post for their second Germany performance, at Rock im Park. That can be read here. Back at the Rock im Park show the band still had the original setlist that they now have revised for the current tour. It used to include a full band version of A Light That Never Comes. Even though the full band played the song, the song itself was not performed in full. The band returned to Germany just a few days ago, when they played in Stuttgart. At this show the band dropped Crawling from the setlist, messed up the samples on Until It's Gone and there was no drum solo on Bleed It Out. The day after they played in Köln. At this show nothing special or weird happened, but an interesting fact is that out of all the shows in Germany on this tour, this was the biggest one. As for a video for today, let's take a look at that shortened A Light That Never Comes. This video is from the Rock am Ring performance.

[video=youtube;bg-RF7-ZLfw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg-RF7-ZLfw[/video]
    Bring it back. Please. Please?

At the previous show for the band, they performed in Amsterdam. This was also where they held the 12th LPUnderground Summit. Instead of having a normal small acoustic performance, the band held a small rehearsal for the LPU members in attendance. Here the band performed Burn It Down, which was sped up and had a different beat. And then, they performed it, THE song everyone has begged for. A Place For My Head. Yes, that happened.
    From the normal show we got the same setlist... mostly. Before the band launched into Bleed It Out, Mike held a small speech and mentioned that he got a request at the Meet&Greet, so he fulfilled that request and rapped the first verse of Reading My Eyes. Wow. Finally, repeating what happened at the Hollywood Bowl performance, Austin Carlile from "Of Mice and Men" came out and sang on Faint.

With so many awesome things that happened, I had a hard time choosing a video, but when I saw this one I knew I had to post it.

[video=youtube;oT9rHEBGmzw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT9rHEBGmzw[/video]
    Continue with this throughout the rest of the tour? That sounds good to everyone?

As for the show today, when looking at the setlists, it is likely that we will again see Set B being played. But with the things happening at the previous show, will we get to see a reprisal of some of those things? We now know A Place For My Head is ready to be played live, the band is just holding out on us. Maybe Austin will come out on Faint again?

Are you going to the show? Well... In an initiative to connect the fans of Linkin Park, we here on LPA made a meet up schedule, so if you want to meet some fellow LPA users before the show, the page for all the information and names of who are attending the show is right here. So make it known that you are attending the show, so you can meet some other awesome fans. Remember to tweet pictures to @LPAssociation if you meet some other members.

After this the band continues on through Germany, playing in Hamburg on the 10th, and then in Leipzig on the 12th.

What do you think of those LPU Summit surprises? Should the band put them into the main set? Are you going to the show? Come and discuss in our forums.

European Tour Schedule:

Nov. 9 - Oberhausen, Germany @ Koenig-Pilsener Arena |
    Nov. 10 - Hamburg, Germany @ O2 World |
    Nov. 12 - Leipzig, Germany @ Leipzig Arena |
    Nov. 13 - Munich, Germany @ Olympiahalle |
    Nov. 14 - Vienna, Austria @ Stadthalle |
    Nov. 16 - Paris, France @ Bercy |
    Nov. 17 - Frankfurt, Germany @ Festhalle |
    Nov. 19 - Berlin, Germany @ O2 World |
    Nov. 20 - Bremen, Germany @ OVB Arena |
    Nov. 22 - Manchester, UK @ Phones 4 U Arena |
    Nov. 23 - London, UK @ The O2 Arena |
    Nov. 24 - London, UK @ The O2 Arena |

SETLIST:

01. Mashup Intro #2 (Session / Catalyst / Requiem / Guilty All The Same Intro)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Given Up
    04. Points Of Authority
    05. One Step Closer (Extended Outro)
    06. Blackout [Shortened]
    07. Papercut [Shortened]
    08. Rebellion
    09. Runaway [Shortened] (Wastelands transition)
    10. Wastelands
    11. Castle of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro; w/ Oppenheimer Speech)
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    13. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Instrumental)
    14. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    15. Burn It Down
    16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    17. Final Masquerade
    18. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name hybrid verse)
    19. Numb (Numb/Encore Outro)
    20. In The End
    21. Faint (Feat. Austin Carlile, Ext. Outro)
    --------------------------------
    22. Lost In The Echo [Shortened] (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge)
    23. New Divide [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; Transition Outro)
    24. Crawling [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; w/ Faster Tempo)
    25. Until It's Gone [Shortened] (Ext. Intro w/ With You Verse 1 Rap)
    26. What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    27. Bleed It Out (Bridge w/ Drum Solo, + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Comment.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

MICROPENIS

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

PROSHOTS?

AndyKay

AndyKay Member

Less than 20 hours! *feeling excited* <3 :p

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Less than 19 hours :worship: i am ready to ROCK :headbang: THIS WILL BE AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!

Diablorojo

Diablorojo Well-Known Member

LPLIVE RIPOFF
    :nyan:

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

i'm afraid u've mistaken this for a forum that is willing to take ur bait.
    thankyou.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

^^^^ Sites beef LOOOOOOOOL!!!

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

The BID soundcheck from the LPU Summit a few days ago

[video=youtube;jSz5-LIXv_M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSz5-LIXv_M[/video]

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I love how great that stage looks from far away. Although, the Bleed it Out performance had lighting problems. It was out of sync with the music.
    But still, I love how energetic the crowd seemed to be.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'll assume you're just kidding with your comment and I won't go any farther with my reply :).

And anyways, with that BS out of the way, since it wasn't exactly a big secret to begin with, tonight AltWire is doing an interview with Mike Shinoda at the Oberhausen show [technically the publicist put it under LPA but that's neither here nor there :lol:]. We're sending our lovely and talented writer and European correspondent Melissa (or as you may know her, Adie of LPFC fame) to cover the event, and we should have the interview edited and online by next week! While we'll only have 10-15 minutes, we're going to try to get as many questions answered as we can (touring related, The Mall, etc etc). Stay tuned.

LohithMohan

Awesome! Try to ask if they will play KTTK and ALITS live. Those are the two songs I'm waiting to see them perform live.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I... I... I love you. :wub:

Derek

We're kinda asking that by asking if they're adding more THP songs to the setlist.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

LPUXIV questions maybe?

Derek

[​IMG]

Interview text and video coming soon. Start the hype:

[​IMG]

LohithMohan

:bounce::tswing::kicking::lund:

AndyKay

AndyKay Member

The show yesterday in Oberhausen was awesome,as expected of course :). Austin Carlile went on stage to perform Faint wth the guys as he did for the gigs before.

Before they started playing the encore,Chester went back on stage telling the crowd that his daughters turned 3years old that day and he asked to sing Happy Birthday,that was a special moment.

Later on Mike presented via stage camera that they received the EMA for best rock band.(Awesome!)

Well,i had a lot of fun that night even though that whole jumping was exhausting,but in comparison the crowd was kinda lame,not interested in jumping or doing anything at all...that pissed me a bit off.
    These guys should've better taken a seat instead of standing in the crowd.

And to all you guys here,attending any of the shows of the European Tour,you will have a lot of fun! Maybe you are lucky and see them perform ALITS of KTTK during this cycle :p

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Finally i am ready to write something about the show. Without doubt , one of my (concert) highlights in my life until yet. The band was in so an amazing form , it was awesome. GATS as opener was such fucking amazing. A great opener and so high energy.
    And the ballade-medley :cry: So fucking beautiful (also if i had the feeling that i was the only one who sung the Iridescent part). All in all it was a great show and full of energy. Didnt thought that i would said something like this , but the shortened song fit totally into the set to hold the energy level very high , the same with Castle Of Glass Experince. FUN ! All THP songs was also great, but Until Its Gone was... i was happy it was gone :kappa: Its the only song they shouldnt short in my opinion.
    Happy to see an fucking amazing Guitar Solo on WID from our #ModernGuitarGod and a great solo from our #ModernDrummerGod on Bleed It Out. A great show closer.
    As Andy said , the part with happy birthday for his little daughter and the MTV BEST ROCK band made this evening just more special. I was in row 4-7 the whole concert. It felt like i was in a little room with the band :awesome: Well , the most epic moment on this concert was maybe when In The End dropped. The whole hall just explode. And the bridge :worship: I will never forget this moment.
    And i finally got my THP Tour T-Shirt :kicking: The only thing i payed for :lol:

Sad things: People with theire fucking smartphones. It was hardly to see the stage sometimes. It disturbs me a bit , but well, there was no conclusion. So annoying. The other people was ok , i thought.

For the next concert i will try to win a Meet N Greet and than all my dreams will become true :wub: