'Nu-Metal'...No More!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Linkin Park & punk?!? :ermm:

Interesting. Very interesting. I have my doubts about this album but I hope they prove me wrong.

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

Holy. If LP has influences like that on their new album I wont know how to react. It would sound so completely different, but thats what I'm hoping for.

I'm very anxious to see what they will sound like now. I cant really imagine them with a punk-ish sound, but I'm sure they could pull it off just the same :p.

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

Being a huge fan of both those groups... I can't for the life of me see how you can compare Linkin Park to Pink Floyd...

But if LP wanted to expand to a more Pink Floyd level. That'd be pretty sweet.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
    The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Im not the biggest fan of pink floyd! so i dont know how their music sounds like. And yea i could see linkin park doing punk, when chester sings in "Qwerty" the bridge is like a punk song. Maybe there shooting for more of an Alexisonfire thingy. Like when mike raps and chester rambles shit you don't understand! And hopefully mike will do a chorus for once.

Babak

Babak Well-Known Member

so exciting news! cant wait for the new record.

but there is something i cant get that why ppl are so exciting to know the album's name?! not that important for me!!

Pinkin.Lark

Pinkin.Lark Well-Known Member

I think that LP will deliver a heavy sound with this record. (YAY!)

And I think by Chesrter saying 'Punk' he means a BTH/Faint sound.

zzfaugc

zzfaugc Well-Known Member

I'll put it to you this way...
    After listening to QWERTY, I have had a hard time listening to Meteora. If QWERTY isn't even good enough to make the album, I can't wait to see what this album is going to sound like.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

The reason The Who are considered punk rock is not because they had a punk rock sound (because they really didn't) but because they spoke out against the norms, which is the basic middle finger statement punk rock was trying (and did) make. But they're not really punk rock at all. They're really more classic rock with tinges of punk rock influences if anything.

I'm not going to lie: I don't believe Chester. "QWERTY" has that nĂ¼-metal sound, whether anyone wants to admit it or not. I'm terrible at guitar, and I learned Brad's guitar part within the first couple days the song was released. He hasn't stepped his game up; it just sounds like he has because he's playing something slightly different from what we're used to hearing come from his fingers. The new record might be different, but I'm not expecting them to break any ground at all.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

I'm excited as the next person, but Chester didn't mention anything about the electronic aspect of the album, just the rock. I want to hear what Joe Hahn can do with the 'punk rock and classical rock elements' they they claim to have now. I really hope they don't lose the electronic sound they had. But nonetheless I am super amped for this album and also I have a lot of faith in Rick Rubin.

And as for Will's comment above mine, Im scared that he might be right, because QWERTY wasn't anything punk or classical rock, it was a heavier Linkin Park. But then again they said that they are not sure if its going onto the new album. Im hoping Will is off on that comment, but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't. When Mike talked about Meteora it was all talk about difference, and yeah Meteora didn't really break any ground except for Breaking the Habit.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Electronic... haha I want a hear a Hellogoodbye type a song from Linkin Park. That'd make me laugh.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Keep in mind that it's just my opinion. I'm really trying not to get my hopes up too high for this record because the last time I did that I was sorely disappointed. I don't want that to happen again. By keeping my expectations low (and stating my opinions accordingly), I'm keeping myself open to be completely blown away by the new record. :D

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

My thoughts about Qwerty are that when Derek said that reports suggest it may not be on the new album because it doesnt match, to me that says they will have an all together new sound. Qwerty was a step up from what they were playing, but if they say it doesnt match new material then that could be a good thing. Also how they said Qwerty was something they just kinda made up spur of the moment is another factor leading me to believe there should be a new feel. And if there isnt much difference, I will be dissapointed, and feel like a Jackass.

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

although it was new and different QWERTY didn't really blow me away. Sure the guitaring sounds a lil more complicated then Brad's usual (as he would say) "dramatic" guitar riffs, but the chorus didn't really sway me @ all. Maybe it was cuz it was a live recording, but I felt that it wasn't something I've cometo expect from LP.

Now if it's true and all the songs that will be way better then QWERTY... then I should be pleased.

As for this Punk business... I hope he's just confused and doesn't realize what most people think punk is... Cuz I personally can't stand punk music, and if LP turned slightly punk I'd lose a lil respect for them. As for classical... I'm all for that.

htep:carousel308

htep:carousel308 31

I'd be more happier if LP goes more and deep into metal rather than becoming "Linkin Punk". But that's just my opinion.

spikeshinizle

spikeshinizle Well-Known Member

As long as they dont start singing about how their dads dont understand them and the girls at school made fun of them, I'm happy :p

On a more serious note, I'm also interested to hear how Joe and Mike are going to introduce the electronic elements into the album...I know a lot of people want them to be heavier or more rocky, but I really hope both Joe and Mike step up in terms of scratching and sampling...the stuff on Meteora was produced too much. It was like "one sample which plays through the song, changes slightly in a bridge and is scratched over sometimes by Joe" BRING BACK THE TURNTABLE SOLO'S!! hehe

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Definitely, it seems that all this talk about how Linkin park may sound like on their next album has made some of us forget about the electronic sounds and aspects that we will be introduced to this time around. QWERTY was good, but it wasn't anything that was extremely signigicant when compared to a lot of their older work.

I'm actually having my doubts about this album now, and I'm getting pretty nervous about how it may stray too far off from their original style, and instead sound more like...well an actual punk band. If they sound like Good Charlotte, Blink 182, or whatnot, even if they put a new twist to it...I'll shoot myself.

Not to say that Good Charlotte and Blink 182 and punk bands are bad, it's just not my taste, and don't get me wrong I respect that genre, and I also respect the fans of that genre as well as the people who strive to make it popular to this very day.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

hell, they actually gave us something we hadnt heard before!!!
    but i dont know, like it or net LP are a nu-metal band, and i think there are still huge aspects of that genre they can still explore.
    and turntables abd electronis music in a punk-ish band? thats a new one as far as i can see. oh well, i dont think they'll change their sound too dramatically
    :cloud:

SRPSKILPFAN

SRPSKILPFAN Banned

Can't wait, can't wait... I think that this album will be a big BUM!!!!!!!!!!!

Hypi

Hypi Member

hm Hybrid Theory is my all time fav. album and for me the best! but i think this album is gonna kick the world his ass :p

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'm not so sure they could pull off any punk-type stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.