NY Daily News A Thousand Suns Impressions

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Just email via the link above if you don't live in the US. Otherwise, call that number. The guy basically said, and I quote. "If you don't like the new Linkin Park song but don't know what to do, then GO! RUN!" and "I don't know what else Linkin Park could've done then create such divisiveness....err well you count your money if you're Linkin Park, that's what." and also "May I suggest while this song is playing that you go to Boneyard, where we play music like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin etc. You know, THE MUSIC THAT MADE THIS TYPE OF MUSIC POSSIBLE."

I normally wouldn't care what a DJ said, but he basically trashed Linkin Park fans and inferred they're mindless idiots. I will be uploading what he said when I get home at 7PM EST.

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

Good lord, what's with the negativity today?! LOL

--RS

Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

Yeah seriously, it's not even 9 AM. :lol:

Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

It's done, now I realized I can be a very bad person muahaha

Derek

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Well while I agree the dude is a major moron I don't really see the need to flame him.

Parishith

Parishith Glorious Excess.

Absolutely disgusting comments by the bastard. Just mailed that I won't hear XM until Grant is going to be a part of it. Though am not from US and have never heard XM. Lol.

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

The guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Mr. Farber? Isn't he the critic who got killed by a weird creature in a movie? :awesome:

Derek

Good! :D.

zhangyibin

zhangyibin New Member

Wow, this review guy really hates LP...

bryanl

bryanl Member

Perhaps a little too harsh. There's a certain level of professionalism required to write a review and it's lacking here.

However, he couldn't be more right when he said:

"it's best to go with what you know."

lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Oh I know he just didn't compare Bieber to LP. He is obviously a huge Bieber fan who is just jealous.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

i did

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Not much of a review though. More like an attack to the credibility of the band.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

"I'm a former music major and fairly well-versed in many types of music, and I was offended by Grant's comments that anyone listening to Linkin Park is musically inept. I guess the fact that I play violin, viola, cello, piano, and guitar means I have no clue what music is. And in the band's defense, they are quite talented despite his comments as shown by Mike Shinoda's production skills in creating hip-hop tracks for Lupe Fiasco, Cypress Hill, and Busta Rhymes. As shown by Chester being allowed to front a few songs for Camp Freddy (Dave Navarro's cover band, although at the time Slash and Duff were playing as well), and how many of the band members play multiple instruments. I mean, Chester sang 'Paradise City' a half-step higher than any performance Axl had done to date! To think that Grant basically accused fans like me of mindlessly buying the band's music is offensive. I understand if it's not his brand of music, but I don't think bashing music is listed anywhere in his job description.

I enjoy XM immensely, as my wide range of music allows me to be schizophrenic with your choices in quality stations. However, I'm letting you know that you will be losing a customer as long as Grant is on the XM staff.

Good day,

Kacy Howe"

Derek

It's not so much that I'm trying to ask people to flame him, it's more that I feel he needs to be talked to by his boss etc. He was very unprofessional on the air, and showed no respect to a very large fanbase.

Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

A M E N

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Very well written, intelligent email from you Sir. That's the way to do it.

Yeah, I know but I'm just saying people don't need to go around calling names or anything, well I say if they call him a moron and a douche then it's acceptable but to go overboard and make threats and such is just not how it should be done. But I agree people should complain and the guy should be fired.

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

and that's the problem.

The article could have been great, who knows, if it had started with say 'Linkin Park's new album is due out Sept 14th, but some will have mixed feelings. Sometimes it's best to go with what you know but that's my opinion...' and then continued with the ridiculous song comparisons.

See, I'm not sure how this runs in other countries but here, newspapers are really feeling the pinch in the wallet. Their main issue is the internet, the internet is the quickest, fastest way to get information and news cause it's always there and you can always access it. After that it's TV because people watch it, but the news is on at only certain hours of the day. People move fast these days, who has time to read a paper? So the news papers are going to pull and pick on every bone to get YOU to READ it.

Then again I could be completely wrong and these guys are just jealous because the album is a week away and they never got an interview with the band. LOL

Regardless, the article could and should have been written alot clearer and professional. I could care less about the rest, the Beiber comment, that 'W&Ks' sounds like Rage (seriously WTF) the one thing that picks my bone is the Chester comment at the very end.

--RS

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
    SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Hmmm.. Something tells me that this guy doesn't like Linkin Park :lol:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.