October 18, 2014 - Belo Horizonte, Brazil.

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Oct 18, 2014.

lpgabriel

lpgabriel Wasn't that fun? Let's try something else!

Well, I guess that guitar player didn't want to screw anything up and focused on hitting every note much more than Brad usually does lol

And the stache thing is totally true, maybe he thinks we brazilians like it (?!)

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Brad is ill --> Brad`s ill --> Brazil ... a sign? :kappa:

Seriously, hope he is well soon.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

It's really interesting hearing the songs live with a different guitarist and different style. You can really tell the different guitar styles.
    For me, the solos and overall playing sounded clearer and more precise. Brad tends to be a lot rougher with his playing and the GATS solo is quicker but far more imprecise

Bobby

Bobby Yo

This performance was exiting to watch. Chester sounded more awesome than usuall and as someone mentioned above, it's really interesting to hear a different guitarist play the songs with a slightly different playing style. The fails made it also interesting, wanted to see what would fail next haha The Brazil crowd was loud as always, fking love that. Hope Mr Brad aint really badly injured.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It's interesting listening to it again, even parts of songs that Benjamin is playing exactly the same way Brad does still sound different because of the way he hits the strings. I remember talking to Sean about this when he was still teching for Brad, he said Brad has an extremely light touch, doesn't put a lot of pressure on the strings with his left hand and doesn't strum very hard with his right. Just about anybody else who tries playing with Brad's gear, Sean included, sounds totally different because most people hit the strings harder than he does...It also probably didn't help that Sean's about 6'4" and has baseball mitts for hands, while Brad looks like he weighs about 110 pounds. :lol:

I also find it funny that Sean was Brad's tech for 10 and a half years and never ended up filling in for him (the Japan appearances in 2012 where Jeremy filled in for Brad were appearances that Sean also happened to be absent for), while Benjamin's been around for a whole 5 months and has already done 2 shows and almost had to fill in for him in Europe when he hurt his back. Funny how things work out.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I do too. Poor guy.

After all, who else in the band can make interviewers uncomfortable?