Official Alexisonfire Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Mark, Jul 1, 2005.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I realize we have a thread about how Jesse has left Alexisonfire, and thatt heir new single is "Hey, It's your Funeral Mama", but we don't have a specific thread that I can remember just discussing the band, their songs and albums, and other related things. So here's an official discussion thread.

For those of you who haven't checked out Alexisonfire, you must. They're incredibly talented, from the drumming to the guitars to the vocals. They're great down-to-earth guys, I had to priviledge to talk to them and get autographs after their show last Monday when they visited here. Overall, they're one of the best bands to come out of Canada in years.

Discuss your favorite songs/albums, live happenings, and everything else related to Alexisonfire here.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I love Alexisonfire. They're probably one of my favorite bands. They're also a good live band. Favorite songs are .44 Caliber Love Letter, Adelleda, A Dagger Through The Heart Of St. Angeles, Waterwings, Pulmonary Archery, Accidents, Control, "Hey, It's Your Funeral Mama", and Happiness By The Kilowatt. I'm really going to miss Jesse. He was a kick ass drummer. On a side note, the Counterparts & Number Them and Waterwings videos kick ass.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Alexisonfire are great, even though I only really know them from Watch Out! whereas I've only heard about half of the songs from their debut and even less from their EPs. I'd say Wade and Dallas are one of the best younger guitar pairings outside of pure metal, and the rhythm section is very tight. Jesse was a great drummer, and it's a shame to see him go. My favourite songs are probably 'Waterwings', 'Pulmonary Archery' and 'White Devil'.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I love Alexisonfire. Even though the self-titled was better, Watch Out! is good. My favorite songs are The Kennedy Curse, A Dagger Through The Heart Of St. Angeles, "Hey, It's Your Funeral Mama", White Devil, Counterparts And Number Them, Jubella, and many more.

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

Man, I fucking love these guys. And if you really like them, check out As I Lay Dying, they're like AoF but heavier. I think White Devil, Waterwings and Hey Its your funeral mama are awesome.

@Paul- http://www.aofcounterpart.com/forums

Paul

I've been registered since they first opened up a couple months back.

Mark

I'd say ".44 Caliber Love Letter" is my favorite song by them. I love the intro which slowly builds up into a huge frenzy of guitars and screaming. It's such a great song. Other favorites include "Pulmonary Archery", "Waterwings", "The Kennedy Curse", "White Devil", "No Transitory" (I thought it was "Transistory" for a long time :lol:), "Hey, It's Your Funeral Mama", "Accidents", "Control", "Happiness By The Kilowatt", "Get Fighted", "That Girl Possessed", and "Sharks and Danger".

I'd say I like "Watch Out!" more than "Alexisonfire" because there's more melody, and Dallas' singing has vastly improved since their self-titled album.

There's so many memorable parts from the songs, which makes them ideal live tracks. Examples include "Whoa" and "Let's Redefine" (Accidents), "This is a .44 caliber love letter from my heart" (.44 Caliber Love Letter), ""We don't feel, we don't feel..." (Hey It's Your Funeral Mama), and more. The songs are like anthems. That's what I like about this band so much.

Who else has seen them live? If they're ever in your town, go. People who aren't even fans would have one hell of a night.

Chris Luke

I saw them live a few times when they would come to Orangvale to play at the Boardwalk. They fucking kick ass live. I loved it when George played jump rope with his microphone chord at the last show I went too.

Mark

I saw them live a few times when they would come to Orangvale to play at the Boardwalk. They fucking kick ass live. I loved it when George played jump rope with his microphone chord at the last show I went too. [/b][/quote]
    Haha, he took a video camera and started filming our concert from stage during "No Transitory". It'll most likely be on their DVD they're planning. You'll probably see me in there. How awesome that'd be.

Paul

I saw them live in March. Fucking incredible. George gave me a headbutt by accident when he jumped in the crowd. He apologized to me after the show when I met them. :lol:

Chris Steele is a fucking maniac on stage. With those dance moves, you should be calling him John Trovolta.

Chris Luke

Haha, he took a video camera and started filming our concert from stage during "No Transitory". It'll most likely be on their DVD they're planning. You'll probably see me in there. How awesome that'd be. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, I read it just now about from sifting through AOF's forums that a live dvd was coming out soon. It was confirmed by like 5 people.

Chris Luke

While sifting through the AOF message boards, I came across something interesting. Apparently, Alexisonfire is making a live dvd. No one knows the specific details about the dvd, but it has been confirmed by someone on the message boards and by, once again, Mark who saw some people filming durning a live show. Apparently, it was posted on The Only Band Ever but was bumped down as well.

The Only Band Ever Message Board.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

IMO, horrible. Not trying to be offensive, but all they seem to do is scream non-coherant lyrics. I am really into lyrics and these guys don't do it for me. Granted, I have only heard the singles.

Paul

Cool. I hope it includes some backstage content.

I hate the official AOF message boards. The biggest morons post there.

Mark

There was a guy I know named Curtis who got in contact with their manager and managed to hook a press pass. He had a hand held camera (pretty expensive) with a collapsable tripod that he was carrying around the entire night on the other side of the barrier, getting really close to the band. He definately got some great footage. They played amazing too, so it'll be a great DVD.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to go monopolistic on everyone and merge this with my thread. That can be the official Alexisonfire discussion thread, like Casey's NIN thread.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Alexisonfire is an amazing band. My friend, Colin, bought their self-titled album a couple weeks ago. I told him that it's better than Watch Out! and he listens to it all the time now. He's probably going to buy Watch Out! soon, though. They're pretty awesome.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'd almost kill to see Alexis live. They're coming to the UK later this year, but the nearest show is in Oxford, which is about two hours away on a school night.

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

Alexisonfire are an amazing band. There guitar work, drumming, singing/screaming is billiant. Most of the songs don't have the same song structure which makes them better than other bands.

'No Transistory' has to be my favourite song.

Tomorrooooooooooooooooooooooow...Tomorroooooooooooooooooow

Mark

I love how Dallas sings that. He shifts his voice up a pitch about 6 times. :lol:

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

SO did i, oddly.

It's fear. ;)

And the problem is, where I live, they sell out in about an hour.

Has AoF released an EP this year? I heard they were working on one a few months back.

As for the official AoF board.......... :lol: :lol:

And yes, Steele is a fucking maniac live.