OFFICIAL FIFA WORLD CUP 2014 THREAD

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Wizardofozil, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

So germany has to beat themselves to win the WC ? :bradwink:

2. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

It looks like yeah :lol:

3. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

germany HAS to win brasil on the semi. i really wanted Chile to beat us... but they weren't lucky on the penalties

it's kinda weird for me to be against my own country, but even despite the fact that BR team is playing pretty bad and really dont deserve to win the cup IMO. the problem is that this world cup is mostly being used to alienate people from all the shit thats going on here, and its working.

its annoying to me seeing how some people get distracted so easily, even with the shitty team that we have this year. if we win its going to be a party until the end of the year, and we have president election this year. we had a lot of protests last year, and suddenly it's all forgotten. we are the samba/carnaval/futebol country again...

4. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I feel bad for Neymar. Such a talented player who despite lacking performance in the World Cup thus far certainly deserves to play. Quite an awful way to go out, even though his team got the win. They will certainly be underhanded against the Germans, who at this point will undoubtedly beat them. Brazil still has firepower without Neymar, but the Germans are slowly finding rhythm again and I think they'll take advantage.

I wish Colombia won, though. They were a fun team to watch, and it's good to see Colombia back in the World Cup after so long. I also feel bad for France, a team that was a little unpredictable but was also exciting to watch. Either way, Germany and Brazil will be a good semi-final match-up.

5. outcastboy

i dont think brazil has firepower, even with neymar we did not score many goals. oscar and hulk are playing well, even without scoring. but Fred sucks, i cant even understand why he is in the team, and Jo is even worse. brasil needs someone like Suarez, not a guy that barely moves and just waits for the ball to get to him

6. Kaique Smart

Boring game, but I'm glad Argentina is through the semi-finals after a long time. Hopefully Di Maria can play the semi-final. It would be a big loss for them.

7. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Belgium didn't play good. I felt like they weren't paying enough attention during the first half and were afraid to take any chances. This changed during the second half. There, they started playing decent, but still didn't finish the chances they created. However, it was difficult to create these chances. Argentinia was stalling the fuck out of this game, which - partially - turned this into the boring (not to mention annoying) game we got.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  8. Louis

I'm not sure what happened to Belgium this time around. They just lost their aggressiveness this time around and got punished early in the game for it. Very unlike how they've been playing. Good to see Argentina in the semi-final though.

9. Louis

Forgive the double post. Netherlands wins in PKs over Costa Rica.

Semi match-ups:
    Argentina vs Netherlands
    Germany vs Brazil

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

10. Kaique Smart

Well done Costa Rica! Respect for them.

Anyway, I think it was better for Argentina to face Netherlands than Costa Rica. It's much harder to face a team that defends the entire game.

I want a Germany vs Argentina final.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  11. outcastboy

costa rica nearly made it

12. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Yaaay glad we made it trough!! I feel like The Netherlands really deserved to win this. They were much stronger than Costa Rica and had so many chances! Costa Rica had a good defence system though.

On to the semi-finals!!

13. Michele

Yeah , same here. I think the Netherlands could give Germany more problems than Argentina.

14. Vic

Vic No game no life

I want Germany vs. Netherlands to be the final. Both deserve to win.

15. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

Is it me, or was that Netherlands vs. Costa Rica game intense as fuck? That was the best 120 minutes + penalties I've seen this entire cup so far! :D

16. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

We may never see a game like that ever again.

17. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

[​IMG]

18. Michele

R.I.P Team Brazil. Cant believe it. What happened in this game? Is Neymar THIS important? Never. Germany was just killer. Respect to Klose, he got the 16 goal!!!

19. Kaique Smart

I have never seen anything like this and probably won't again. Germany was just class. If they wanted to score more goals the would easily have done it. But they were just saving themselves for the final. Their goals looked so easy. And Brazil was ridiculous. Worst game ever. Neymar wouldn't make any difference at all today, the Brazilian defence was so poor today.

Anyway, I was hoping for either Argentina or Germany win the World Cup and I would probably go for Argentina if they'd face in the final, but after today I'm not really sure. Germany definitely deserves it now. I still want Argentina to go to the final though, would love to see Messi on it.

20. outcastboy

neymar wouldnt change anything today, he didnt even played well on the last 2 games.

actually the reason why argelia was a hard opponent for germany and then they did this to brasil is that the weak teams on this world cup know their weakness and are ready to defend themselves, like costa rica did against Netherlands.

but brasil is very well known for their football, historically they are better than germany so they went to the game to attack, giving germany space to do whatever they wanted to. brazil overestimated themselves and underestimated germany, they thought that they would do the same as against Spain last year

brazillian team this year is VERY weak, the only really good players are thiago silva, david luiz, marcelo and neymar (that only played well on the easy matches).

the rest of the team really sucks besides a few ones that could become great someday, like oscar...