Official 'Game of Thrones' Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Will, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

:rofl:

2. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I don't think Jaquen was Arya but I don't think that the real Arya was stabbed either.

3. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

After reading all the theories about Arya on the net and specifically this thread, I'm quite disappointed they did not come true on tonight's episode.

4. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

So....

What purpose did everything leading up to Arya's big moment serve other than her learning how to fight a woman in the dark?

5. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

What in the actual fuck was up with Arya's story?

Just... What?

thank fuck the Waif is dead, what an annoying character

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  6. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I don't know either, guys. This was kind of underwhelming. Are we supposed to be that happy with the Waif's death? That surprised that she was the one supposed to die? Also, shouldn't Jaqen have known better than to be surprised by Arya's change of heart?

I'm not sure how to feel about Riverrun. It had started off great, but I liked this plotline's resolution better in the books. Though it was awesome to see that commander fucking up and the look on his face after Edmure's second order...

Absolutely loved the Brotherhood's plot, especially because I thought it really was unlike the Brotherhood to butcher all those people – turns out they weren't really behind it after all, not all of them at least (though I'd hoped we'd see more of Lemoncloak than we did). Also it's great to see Beric and Thoros again, and especially their "chemistry" with Sandor.

Though they might be considered filler by some, I'd highlight Bronn and Podrick's scene, as well as the jokes scene in Meereen as wonderful lighthearted, character-building moments.

King's Landing is just getting more and more fucked up, I really am interested to see how this gets resolved.

On Dany, I really don't know what to say. She's Dany, she'll win like she always does.

7. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That was such an incredibly underwhelming and disappointing episode.

I've got no idea what D&D are playing at with Arya's storyline. Even ignoring the books, it makes zero sense. And their hype-slaying has been at an all-time high.

So disappointed.

8. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Yeah, that last episode overall was eh. That chasing scene with Arya and the Waif was like watching a low budget horror movie. I only enjoyed the scenes with the Hound/Brotherhood, and the scene with Jaime and Edmure. There's a lot that needs to be wrapped up or accelerated in just two episodes. I think that's the one flaw of season 6, it's too big and ambitious with so much going on that certain parts are feeling rushed or lead nowhere. On the plus side, even the smaller scenes have made the characters feel more relatable and I've enjoyed the character development.

At least episode 9 should be great, and overall I've enjoyed this season and it's built up a lot to tie in to what should be a great season 7.

9. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Did anyone else think that Lady Crane visually resembled Catelyn Stark so much during the scenes where she was caring for Arya?

I really enjoyed the Jaime and Brienne scenes plus I thought the hanging scene with The Hound and the Brotherhood was hilarious.

I'm disappointed that the Blackfish died and that we were not shown his death. It just seems so pointless.

I feel like Tyrion had fuck all to do this season and I found the bonding scene between him, Missandei and Grey Worm kinda forced in this episode. Of course Dany conveniently gets dropped off on a fucking balcony or some shit by Drogon. I'm sure no one expected her return...

Like most people I'm pretty confused about the Arya storyline. How is she finally no one? Do her actions not make her the opposite of "no one"? She's allowed to just leave and go home? WTF.

Anyway, I'm still hyped for episode 9.

Also this picture made me laugh:

[thumb]https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/hI2py0rAHLpz0Qr1BkIPeilw9gg=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6636699/15qsd7.0.jpg[/thumb]

10. Michele

Didnt he said "A girl is finally no one" ? Couldnt he mean the Waif with this?

All in all i enjoyed the episode, also if it felt so rushed. I really liked the scenes with Jamie and Brienn and the Kingslands was cool too this time.

11. lime treacle

BERIC: Clegane!
    THOROS: The fuck you doing here.
    SANDOR: Chasing them. You?
    THOROS: Hanging them!

:lgh:

12. Jesse

Arya's storyline has become complete shit. You can't just get stabbed twice,in the gut, and slashed in the gut, with one of the stabs being a twist of the knife and just go get mediocre care and be alright. Also, how the fuck is she no one now?

And then there's the fact that I don't understand how her storyline fits into the larger narrative of the story of Game of Thrones at all. It's all irrelevant side missions.

And the show COMPLETELY RUINED JAMIE. ugh.

13. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

What's wrong with him?

14. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I'm assuming he's more cruel in the books? Either way, I don't have an issue with him in the show. Did like him better in the first couple seasons, though.

15. lime treacle

I think what Jesse was thinking was that in the books Jamie isn't so mad about Cersei that he turns into... whatever that scene with Edmure was.

16. Michele

My only problem with him is the incest love to his fucking sister :lol:

#TeamBrimie

17. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

He's faking it with Edmure. He's playing up the whole Kingslayer thing. I thought that was obvious. He's just trying to intimidate him.

Jaime has zero desire to risk the lives of any of his men so it was all more or less empty threats. Edmure took the bait.

18. Jesse

Nah. I absolutely believe that show Jamie is the same kind of guy who pushed Bran out the window, and that he would without a doubt put anyone else at risk as long as it is for Cersei. Don't believe he's faking with Edmure at all.

The show seems like it likes to show things straight, as evidenced by the Arya mess. So, I don't think it's obvious that Jamie is faking at all.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  19. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

The entirety of that episode was predictable. Literally every single part. I even found myself predicting a few lines before they were said. The battle scenes were incredibly disorienting to add. Other than that, it was a decent episode I guess. It didn't leave the same impression that other episode 9's have left in previous seasons.

I just can't think of much to say about it since it was like 90% action. Good guys get miraculously saved at the last minute and defeat the bad guy, the end.

20. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I had a hunch that this season would be in favor of GOT's protagonists, resulting in a shocking finale that throws everything out the window and places some of our favorite characters back into the shit.

So far, most of the payoff from episode to episode has been largely convenient and anti-climactic; Like ramen without the egg, or a hot-dog without the ketchup.

The suffocating, disorienting, and carefully crafted action in this episode was on point. What kills the experience is the obvious and predictable events that would follow shortly after.