Official Muse/The Resistance Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by The_Cool_Cow, Mar 15, 2008.

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

Okay, a bunch of new news on the next Muse album, though no one really knows if they are actually going to do what they say, as Matt Bellamy usually does not follow through on what he says each album will sound like.

So, im going to just go through all the information we have about this album:

- Originally they said that it could sound like Map of The Problematique.

- Then they said 50 minute symphony.

Thats whats been released so far, heres the new stuff:

Theres some stuff here that makes me excited for the album, and some that makes me a little bit nervous. Im all for a hip-hop/classical/prog/dance/rock album, sounds like something they could do really well. However, I do not like the 11 song best-of idea that they have. I like having the actual album, and I think that knowing all the songs beforehand would sort of ruin it when the album comes out. Also, I hope that they dont do a 15 minute solo. I like space rock solos, but not for that long. I hope that he does not actually rap, also, because im not sure how that would sound.

Last edited: May 23, 2009
    Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Map of the Problematique is an excellent song, I hope to hear stuff like that on their new album.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Whatever Muse ends up doing, I think it'll be awesome. Muse can turn any sort of style that they admire into something completely their own, and either way it's going to sound awesome.

I'm pretty confident. I like what I'm hearing.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

One of the few bands who could actually pull all that shit off, so ok.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Matt and Justin Timberlake actually have some pretty similar vocal qualities, particularly in their falsetto ranges, so I don't think it's too big of a stretch to envision them doing that kind of thing. I always thought Supermassive Black Hole could have easily been a JT song, or it would've been a good one for him to cover.

Klootzak

Klootzak Well-Known Member

So the next album is going to be filled with Timbaland influenced dancy prog-rock with a space-rock solo?

The_Cool_Cow

Okay, this thread hasnt been replied to in a few months, but I dont want to make a new thread every time a new piece of news comes out about this album. So, from now on, im just going to post whatever new news we get in this thread.

So, a couple of things have happened in the last few months. The official muse message board (board.muse.mu) has started a section where you can vote on what you would like to see muse do next. Its a neat way to get fans involved, in my opinion, and could have on impact on what the band do in the future. I dont think that they're going to ask what you would like the album to sound like, but there are some neat polls in there.

Something else that happened is that muse launched Musewire, a twitter blog that is updated by the band. Heres the link: http://twitter.com/musewire

Heres the most interesting part of all of this, though. On Musewire, Dominic (the drummer) posted an interesting piece of information:

Sounds great. The last part is sort of strange, though. See you someplace soon? What do you think that means?

The_Cool_Cow

Hmm, no Muse fans here? Whatever, im still going to post.

Some new news just came in from Chris, who recently did an interview for a magazine called Metro. There is some interesting information, heres what I thought was news worthy:

Okay, so the album is now coming out next year, and it wont have a very set theme or flow. Sounds okay to me. I like albums to have good flow, but BHaR was quite random and it still worked well. Im upset that the album wont be released until next year, though. I was really hoping they would have it out in November. I like that they're not rushing themselves, though.

Oh, and, im not sure if I posted this before, but the album will be self-produced. At least, at this point it will be. The band said that if it ends up not going very well, then they'll call in a producer. Right now, though its self produced. I hope that this means that the songs are more experimental. Anyway, thats whats been going on with Muse.

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

Sounds exciting. I echo the wishes that this came sooner, though. Oh well - when it comes, it'll be great.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm a gigantic Muse fan (favourite band), but saying "This is going to be awesome" or "Can't wait" isn't constructive enough a post for me. Haha.

Thanks so much for the updates though. It's very useful.

Louis

They're my favorite band as well, so I'm pretty excited. Hopefully we'll get something to chew on before the album comes out.

The_Cool_Cow

They'll probably play a new song at one of the gigs coming up. Maybe V Fest?

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Muse would be perfect for the new Bond theme.

Louis

Agreed.

Harlz

I bought Absolution.
    It's so... boring. I'm really surprised. Their singles are amazing songs.

Louis

It's not really that boring, in my opinion. The songs are nothing like what's on Black Holes and Revelations, as well as Origin of Symmetry (none of their work compares to Origin of Symmetry). But I think it's a matter of listening to the lyrics with this album, because they're really the most fascinating part of the album, in my opinion.

Harlz

Yeah I haven't had a decent sit down and listen with it yet.
    But a casual listen didn't really make me want to.
    I'll still give it a chance.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I like Muse, but I'd probably agree with that to some extent.

The_Cool_Cow

Some more information. This is coming from various recent interviews:

I edited in the "A:" parts.

Anyway, it seems that the 10 minute symphonic piece is out, which really disappoints me. I was really excited to hear that, it sounded interesting. Oh well, perhaps it will end up as a b-side, or on the next album. Hopefully this means that they also got rid of the 15-minute space guitar solo idea, which I really did not like. Im also very happy that they have decided to ditch the singles instead of album idea, and have instead have decided to release songs that didnt fit the concept as singles. Maybe this means more b-sides? It terms of mellow songs, every album has a mellow song, but this one may be acoustic, which would be cool. So, what are your thoughts on this?

Louis

It'll be sick. I'm excited.