Official Nine Inch Nails Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

V2 is boring - album version however, is easily one of my favourite songs ever.

2. cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Just discovered Right Where It Belongs two nights ago, and absolutely love it. Have probably played it some 15 times since.

3. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Zero-Sum. That is all.

4. Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

I fucking love Zero-Sum.

5. travz21

Everything about it is simply perfect. And it closes out the album with such an emotional hit, I just can't handle it.

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"Zero-Sum" is easily and definitely one of Reznor's best songs, yes. :)

7. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Don't get me wrong, I love the album version. But V2 also has a certain atmosphere to it.

Zero-Sum is fucking amazing, though.

8. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Zero-Sum blows my mind, like, almost nothing else NIN have done (and that's saying something)

9. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

So, I am really getting into Year Zero right now. I just placed an order for the CD too.

10. cstebila

Year Zero is great imo, and an often underrated song would be "Me, I'm Not" that pounding industrial bass just gets ya everytime.

11. Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

That song was so awesome at their concert it wasn't even funny. That undulating bass with the 808 style drums is my kind of thing.

12. Minus

When was Me I'm Not underrated? :lol: I remember everyone thinking it was the shit back when it was the third song to leak.

13. cstebila

You're right.

14. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Most of the Year Zero songs are really fun live, but I was spazzing out like a crackhead during "The Great Destroyer", like pretty much everyone else in the arena. It was the Halloween show in Nashville back in '08, I'll never forget some guy in a Master Shake outfit and his girlfriend (I guess), who was dressed up like a SWAT officer from the "Survivalism" music video, both dancing all night long. It was pretty surreal.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  15. travz21

Hahaha. Wow.

16. $pvcxGhxztCasey

I had the chance to see them two years later, in 2009, at Bonnaroo. At the time, it was touted as their last US show (late night NIN show? like, 1am start time late? outside? YES PLEASE!). After that, the Wave Goodbye stuff happened. I kind of regret not seeing them, but it was a miserable year, with 100+ degree heat. Which is about normal for southern weather in the beginning of summer. I got to see the Mars Volta and the Beasties, though. I'm still pretty upset about missing them on the "last ever" tour, but atleast I got to catch them on the (visually) satisfying tour, Lights in the Sky. God, the stage set-up for those shows were incredible. I need to cop that fanmade LITS DVD now that I have a big enough harddrive...

EDIT: oh yeah, here are like, 3 pictures from that Halloween show in '08. I still have my ticket stub, it's a special NIN design since I got it from the presale on the website.

http://upload.gonad.org/files/13/1031081939.jpg (can barely make out Master Shake, and yeah, I was pretty damn close)
    http://upload.gonad.org/files/13/1031082258.jpg (as you can see...)
    http://upload.gonad.org/files/13/1031082302.jpg (then, a moshpit broke out in the middle of, all songs, "Closer", and I got pushed alittle further back. this was taken during "Echoplex", though)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  17. Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Yeah most Year Zero songs are fucking great live, but playing The Good Soldier as the first song of the encore when I saw them was a little anti-climatic tbh.

18. $pvcxGhxztCasey

Our encore started with Echoplex, I'm pretty sure. The setlist that night was pretty run of the mill for NIN shows at the time. The show at Bonnaroo under a year later had many, many more rarities, in keeping with the Wave Goodbye theme. That's why I was, and still am, upset I missed it. I always party myself out when I'm at 'Roo, makes late night shows unbearable for me, since I start at like, 7am.

I REALLY need to find that LITS fan-made DVD. I don't even know if it's finished yet, though. I hope it's pretty good, that tour deserves documenting more than any of the official tour DVDs so far. Well, maybe Wave Goodbye is more important, but if you didn't see a NIN show during the LITS tour, you SERIOUSLY missed out.

19. Minus

If you're talking about This One Is On Us: Another Version of the Truth, it's already out and I have it on DVD and Blu-Ray.

20. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Fuckers still haven't shipped my copy of Year Zero yet -__-