Official Playstation Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Friskey™, May 15, 2005.

1. Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

totally amazing :eek:

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

IGN is the most trustworthy video gaming magazine/internet site in the world. [/b][/quote]
    Totally owned.

3. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Would anyone say Killzone will be PS3's "Halo 2" in terms of online multiplayer action?

4. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

If it has multiplayer. Remember, the 1st Killzone they said would be the "Halo Killer" and it didn't really do much as kill Halo but have it be a good PS2 FPS.

5. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I don't get why people say it's a Halo killer anyways. Most first person shooters on the fuckin' XBOX beat Halo anyways.

Halo is only regarded the way it is for it's excellent online play. In my opinion atleast. Sony won't be able to touch Microsoft's online experience.

6. Friskey™

I don't get why people say it's a Halo killer anyways. Most first person shooters on the fuckin' XBOX beat Halo anyways.

Halo is only regarded the way it is for it's excellent online play. In my opinion atleast. Sony won't be able to touch Microsoft's online experience. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah but for the love of all that is holy, show the PS2 some FPS love. XBOX gets Doom 3, Halo 2, Unreal Championship 2, and they're getting Half-Life 2. We had GTA but those fuckers are making it for the XBOX as well.

7. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Halo is only regarded the way it is for it's excellent online play. In my opinion atleast. Sony won't be able to touch Microsoft's online experience. [/b][/quote]
    Who know's what Sony's up to. *shrug*

8. $pvcxGhxztCasey

Fuck you Faded, PS3 is getting what looks to be the best looking FSP I've ever seen in "Killing Day". :p

9. Friskey™

I didn't mention shit about the PS3. Note that I said PS2. PS3 will fucking own it.

10. $pvcxGhxztCasey

No one cares about the current generation consoles now. Once you announce that the next system will own the previous by about 1000 times, it loses it's appeal.

11. Friskey™

How do you think I feel when I first played Madden 2002 on the PS2? :lol:

12. $pvcxGhxztCasey

I don't know, I haven't picked up a football game since NFL Blitz 1998.

13. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

How is it so special? You go online and play against other people online. Whoopdie shit. PS2 has that too. Can we say Everquest and Final Fantasy XI? Hell PS3 will have more online multiplayer games when it comes out, which will more than likely include Killzone 2.

Dont count your chickens before theyre hatched.

14. $pvcxGhxztCasey

I just don't think you can beat the Halo 2 experience online. It doesn't get any better than that.

Comparing an online Final Fantasy game to a FSP? That's great Nate, that's awesome. I'll ignore that.

15. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

There is NOTHING "phenomenal" about Halo 2's online whateverbullshit. It's nothing ground breaking. Face it. Halo 2 is overrated. So is the Xbox's online playing. Unless Halo 2 had a function where you could actually BE IN THE GAME, Im not seeing anything to orgasm over.

And ignore what I said all you want, it still doesnt change the fact.

16. Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

I hate Halo 2 online. I don't like it at all. A game which I enjoy and love online is SOCOM II. I can't wait for SOCOM III to play that online.

Isn't Metal Gear Solid 3: Substance supposed to be online as well.

Anyways, I just finished up watching the press conference and it was one hell of a show.

17. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I didn't say it was. I was asking if anyone thinks it will the PS3's cornerstone online title that is a must play à la Halo 3 and Xbox.

18. $pvcxGhxztCasey

Nah, I don't think it will be it's cornerstone for online play.

I think Killing Day will surpass Killzone in the looks department, but that's just me probably. Metal Gear Solid is said to be online, and knowing it's popularity, will beat out Killzone. Isn't one of the Final Fantasty's supposed to be online as well?

It might be Sony's cornerstone for FSP's online, but certainly not overall.

19. I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

I hate Halo 2 online. I don't like it at all. A game which I enjoy and love online is SOCOM II. I can't wait for SOCOM III to play that online.

Isn't Metal Gear Solid 3: Substance supposed to be online as well.

Anyways, I just finished up watching the press conference and it was one hell of a show. [/b][/quote]
    Yea, you guys are completely leaving out SOCOM and that's probably PS2's biggest online title (FF online may have more players, I doubt it though). When SOCOM III comes out it's going to be just as big.

20. $pvcxGhxztCasey

Are you serious?