Official Projekt Revolution 2008 Dates!

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    pugofdoom

pugofdoom Well-Known Member

No Michigan Love? ;(
    Oh well.
    I listened to a bit of Street Drum Corps, and they sounded pretty cool. =P

{L}EcM3311{P}

{L}EcM3311{P} Well-Known Member

Ok Pittsburgh!!!! I'm soooo pumped!! don't have to travel this time

mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

jones beach...hell yeah!
    I'd definitely be going, but I really don't care for the rest of the bands. ive seen bravery and armor for sleep live at points both were meh. LP's gotta tour with some better bands man

Pawan

Pawan Member

All I can say is that Atreyu will put up a show as far as I know and since their new album is actually really good despite what others say. But I think 10 years and Atreyu should've taken the main stage instead. Never really heard Ashes Divide or Chris Cornell though.
    They should've put Avenged Sevenfold into the Projekt Rev as well. But it doesn't matter since I live in Oz.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

this lineup, IMO, is nothing compared to 2007's lineup. the 2007 lineup was epic win and will most likely never be surpassed.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

I concur. So I'm guessing to be a "true" fan, you have to go and blow what....I'm guessing around $100AUD to go and see a festival with a rather shitty lineup? Just because "lyke oh my gawd, LP iz playing!11!1eleventyone!!"

There's no way in hell I'd pay to see this. To be honest, I wouldn't even pay to see an LP headlining concert. Last year's Projekt Revolution is an exception.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

what's wrong with an LP headlining concert? :confused:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I seriously hope that true fan comment was not directed towards me; because if it was...then I seriously think you should reconsider that, especially since I (and others on staff) contribute more than 50 dollars a month to this site, and have been running it for the past 6 years. If I and my fellow staff members didn't support this band, the LPA would not exist. Simple as that.

Just because we don't want to waste over 30 dollars a ticket on what has to be probably one of the most blatantly terrible concert lineups in recent memory, does not mean that we are any less of a fan. It means we are tired of seeing this band that we have supported since their Hybrid Theory days, continuously cater to the 'mallcore' crowd, by booking (what we feel to be) shitty bands alongside themselves, tour after tour, after tour. I mean, who...apart from depressed teenagers and scene kids, still listens to half of these bands? Truth be told, I can understand Atreyu because they're good, and maybe The Bravery...but otherwise? Dear god.

I panned parts of the PR 2007 lineup, but to the other bands' credit, they actually put on a good show and I enjoyed it. These other bands however? I cannot imagine this being an enjoyable show for anybody who is not into that type of genre. Instead of being the melting pot that it used to be, PR has evolved into nothing else than another Warped Tour and that my friend, truly sucks.

Until this band starts respecting that not everyone listens to scene/hardcore music, and starts booking some other kind of act on their tours, I will not be seeing another Linkin Park show anytime soon.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I don't know, I think it is a fairly varied lineup, at least in terms of rock music. But obviously that wouldn't matter if you didn't like the bands there.

There are plenty of artists that are either touring already or recording who otherwise could realistically have been the bill. I'm sure Lostprophets and Funeral For A Friend would have been willing to tour with LP again but they're recording. Apparently Dir En Grey are fans of the band but I believe they're touring Japan. Joe directed a video for Alkaline Trio so there's probably some kind of mutual respect there, but they're recording. Lupe Fiasco is touring with Kanye West if I'm not mistaken. It does actually seem that lots of artists are already busy.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Well it just bothers me. I mean a few of these bands, correct me if I'm wrong...have not put out a new record in a while. Couldn't LP have chosen from some bands that JUST released a new album instead of some of the ones they've selected?

But yeah you're right, a few of the best ones are preoccupied.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

If you take LP and Chris Cornell off the lineup, it looks like a small sampling of a typical Warped Tour. 'Nuff said.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think I'd go for Armor for Sleep and Hawthorne Heights and that's it. They're amazing live.

I've not been to Projekt Revolution since 2004 but I only paid $30 (I think). And that year had the best line-up, in my opinion.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Either way, I don't really see what other kinds of bands they're going to tour with. This is probably what we'll come to expect from LP tours for the next couple of years - predominantly 'Warped Tour' bands with one or two more established artists such as Cornell or Howerdel, a rock band like 10 Years, and maybe something slightly different like Coheed or Biffy Clyro, which I'm guessing would be Drum Corps on this particular bill.
    Strange there's no hip-hop though. They probably could have brought Styles Of Beyond with them again, unless they're going to promote Reseda Beach/Rocket Surgery/whatever their album's called on their own or with other artists.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
    Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Personally I think they've been trying too hard to reach out to other crowds. Their line-ups are just getting weirder and weirder as the years go on.

I'd like to see Linkin Park bring Taproot along on a Projekt Revolution with them. They've sort of fallen out of the mainstream since Welcome. Maybe even Chevelle or Breaking Benjamin -- artists more similar to their style. But Hawthorne Heights? Armor for Sleep? Atreyu? No way. It's just weird.

And as much as I say 2004 was the best Projekt Revolution, that was the first year they really started touring with more "scene" artists (The Used? Less Than Jake? Funeral for a Friend?).

Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

I don't really understand you guys not going though, it's like 30 dollars for a ticket did you say? That's nothing!

I wouldn't go cause it was PR, because the lineup sucks for that, I would go cause it's a LP concert and perhaps maybe a few other bands worth seeing.

If the rest of the lineup is not great, does it really matter that much? It's disappointing for sure, but LP are still playing and surely that is the whole point of going!

Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

As a note, I think Linkin Park fit in fine with bands like Atreyu, The used, less than Jake, Funeral for a friend. That is the music I listen too and a lot of people that listen to those bands love LP as well.

I think the problem here is that LP has a more wide ranging fan base than the people that like these bands and it is those people that are often disappointed, the wider group who are not really into other music like that. I think it makes it harder for things like PR to then appeal to this group.

I understand people saying where is the hip hop? But honestly, I hate hip hop. I like Mike's Fort minor stuff but that is as far as it goes.

Although if the fan base is diverse perhaps the lineup should be a little bit more so. Although then it would be hit and miss for everyone. So what are you gonna do? It's tough for LP to do a festival like this.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

What the hell.. they have a chicago date which is awesome but the Venue is really in East Troy, Wisconcin... wtf?? anybody know why that is

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The Projekt isn't really a Revolution if the line-up screams "playing it safe."

LpHDFan

LpHDFan Well-Known Member

Chester said they want every band to be different, I think it's because they don't want to be pigeon-holed again and by branching out they'll reach more people.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
    Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

As posted earlier in the thread, these concerts are advertised as being in the nearest major city to the venue, rather than the specific town of the venue itself. It attracts a wider audience. The Cleveland show is actually in Cuyahoga Falls, which is like an hour away from Cleveland. The Washington DC show is actually in Bristow, Virginia. Over half the dates on the tour are like that, and that's how it always is every year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.