Official Projekt Revolution 2008 Dates!

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

there IS alot of diversity thats a fact. look at the bands. thats all i was sayin

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

yeah, but that doesn't justify not having a hip-hop act on projekt revolution, it's not like LP consulted you on that. :) just saying. unless you mean you understand why people are asking why there isn't a hip-hop act; then i take this back. ha.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  3. Rwey964637

Rwey964637 Active Member

Justify paying $30 to watch a show that has 10 bands on the bill? When every other concert that i know of charges $35 to $55 to watch 3 bands? Who knows maybe you'll get lucky and enjoy one or two of the bands you think you don't like right now... I know I didn't like Atreyu until i seen that at Ozzfest 2 years ago. Give it a chance, I'd pay $30 to watch LP anyday.

4. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Cornell is awesome.
    The rest...
    Well, it's been said already.

5. MrCrono

MrCrono Member

I dont know why but for a while I was thinking to myself "Man, Rage Against The Machine is touring again... How sick would it be if they played Projekt Revolution?"

I gotta learn not to set my hopes too high XD.

6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I didn't get tickets when they went on sale. Service fees waived or not, I simply have no desire to sit through 4-5 bands I have little to no interest in at all, just to see Linkin Park.

Hopefully I can catch them later on this year or in 2009 when they do another tour, and hopefully (for the love of god) the lineup is a thousand times better.

7. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well, the family wants to go, and I have some friends coming in from out of state for the show, so I'll go...but I have a feeling this will be the first concert I attend that I do some heckling. I may just show up late and skip out on the Revolution stage entirely, because I have zero desire to see ANY of the bands on that stage. All I'm interested in are LP, Chris Cornell, and maybe Ashes Divide.

8. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

This line up is utter crap. What are LP thinking?

9. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I've been listening to Soundgarden and Audioslave songs for most of the day and it's amping me up to see Chris Cornell. I can see myself getting into his set. Hopefully others will too.

10. LpHDFan

LpHDFan Well-Known Member

Andrea, I went to the Australian concert for the first LP Melbourne show and Chris Cornell played about a one and a half hour set (pretty much the same length as LP). I remember there being a mix of heavy songs and some clean electric guitars plays some slow songs. At least once Chris said he would play a song from one of his previous bands, I think he said it was from Audioslave. I hope that helps.

11. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Projekt Revolution 2004 was the best, by far. They had stuff apart from just the music too, which made it a lot more fun. Despite the best lineup I've seen for PR, you weren't stuck waiting for the next band you wanted to watch. It was more than just a concert.

With that said, now with PR not having anything to do besides watch bands you don't want to watch or forcing you to walk around aimlessly, I could easily see not wanting to shell out the cash. Back then, however, I wouldn't see a point in not going just for LP or maybe LP and one other band.

I can't believe that they stopped diversifying (if thats a word :lol:) the shows though. How do you go from LP, Korn, Snoop Dogg, Less than Jake, The Used, Funeral for a Friend, Ghostface Killah, Downset, and No Warning to LP, Chris Cornell, Ashes Divide, The Bravery, Atreyu, Hawthorne Heights, Armor for sleep, and Street Drum Corps. The diversity has pretty much disappeared, which is disappointing if you ask me.

12. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

That's why I'm so happy about the UK PR lineup. It's extremely diverse lol.

13. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

You guys get Jay-Z don't you? I would definitely make a road trip (since they aren't coming to Detroit) if Jay-Z was gonna be there. But he's not, so I'm not going to bother. :lol:

14. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I didn't go to PR '04. I can't remember why exactly. Whatever reason it was, I'm sure it was foolish. How the hell could I have passed up on that line up? :sleep::lol:

15. minuteforce

pendulum's gonna be with LP in the UK, that's pretty cool. :)

16. Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

I'm guessing I'm the only one to enjoy the fact that 10 years is in there?

17. minuteforce

i gave "beautiful" a listen after i heard a snippet of it in the PR 2008 trailer. :) not bad.

18. Luke

Believe me, Jay-Z would have nothing to do with the US leg of the tour. :lol:

19. ragingxchaoz

ragingxchaoz Active Member

honestly, i don't really like this year's line up. i guess the only reason they ran out of this diversity is that warner don't really have that many rock bands to choose.

if they have this line up i'll pay 3x the ticket price just to see them play:
    main stage headliner: linkin park
    muse, arctic monkeys, kill hannah, against me!

rev stage headliner: avenged sevenfold
    depeche mode, Less Than Jake,

20. Luke

Depeche Mode on the revolution stage? Are you crazy? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.