Official XBOX 360 Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by TeMpEsT, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Lpimp

Lpimp Extremely H! Vltg3

omg almost everyone is against the Xbox 360,i think it rocks and also i think they showed PS3 because Xbox showed Xbox 360.

2. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I HEARD THE PS3 IS RUNNING ON AN RCA!!11 :eek: :eek: :eek:

:shifty:

3. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

As if that was a bad move?

4. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

It's called sarcasm! God damn, son, sit down!

I don't know how old you are, but if you have been into games like I have, you know that Microsoft is just doing this to challenge the PS3, possibly to over run it and cash in on what it can via word of mouth.

When it was just Nintendo vs. Sega with the SNES vs. the Genesis line-up, that was a battle where Nintendo pumped out what it wanted at it's own pace whereas Sega was trying hard to top it rushing out horrible systems.

Sega flawed this when they released the Dreamcast, which buried the hardware portion of Sega forever. Sega rushed the Dreamcast so that it could come out before the next generation consoles did (PS2, Xbox). However, had Sega waited a bit longer, the Dreamcast could have became something better, but considering it was rushed, it had a horrible outcome.

It seems Microsoft is following Sega's footsteps in some cases. They are hyping their system, but they are rushing it JUST to keep up with PS3 and the Nintendo Revolution. If you think about it, Xbox is still a baby console. It's massive in areas, but it's still a relatively new console versus Sony and Nintendo put together.

I assume you are a fan of the latest generation consoles (PS2, Xbox), but to me, Microsoft is seemingly rushing their console just to do battle with PS3 because they're afraid if they come out with a console later in the year, it'll be too late. This isn't true as we have seen in the past, though.

I'm not siding with any console, I am a fan of each in my own way, so don't assume (which you do a lot of, btw) that I am against the 360. The only thing I am against is 360's motives. I don't want Xbox to crash and burn like Sega did with the Dreamcast. There is high potential, but this move with 360 having to use another console (yes, considerbly, a computer IS a console of some sort) to display their features, that further doubts the 360 is in solid foundation as say Sony or Nintendo's next generation consoles.

5. LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Xbox Price point leaked
    http://joystiq.com/entry/1234000390042885/

6. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

You obviously missed the 2 G5's in the corner eh? :lol:

_edit
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

Well, Xbox 360 strikes back?

7. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

It's called sarcasm! God damn, son, sit down!

I don't know how old you are, but if you have been into games like I have, you know that Microsoft is just doing this to challenge the PS3, possibly to over run it and cash in on what it can via word of mouth.

When it was just Nintendo vs. Sega with the SNES vs. the Genesis line-up, that was a battle where Nintendo pumped out what it wanted at it's own pace whereas Sega was trying hard to top it rushing out horrible systems.

Sega flawed this when they released the Dreamcast, which buried the hardware portion of Sega forever. Sega rushed the Dreamcast so that it could come out before the next generation consoles did (PS2, Xbox). However, had Sega waited a bit longer, the Dreamcast could have became something better, but considering it was rushed, it had a horrible outcome.

It seems Microsoft is following Sega's footsteps in some cases. They are hyping their system, but they are rushing it JUST to keep up with PS3 and the Nintendo Revolution. If you think about it, Xbox is still a baby console. It's massive in areas, but it's still a relatively new console versus Sony and Nintendo put together.

I assume you are a fan of the latest generation consoles (PS2, Xbox), but to me, Microsoft is seemingly rushing their console just to do battle with PS3 because they're afraid if they come out with a console later in the year, it'll be too late. This isn't true as we have seen in the past, though.

I'm not siding with any console, I am a fan of each in my own way, so don't assume (which you do a lot of, btw) that I am against the 360. The only thing I am against is 360's motives. I don't want Xbox to crash and burn like Sega did with the Dreamcast. There is high potential, but this move with 360 having to use another console (yes, considerbly, a computer IS a console of some sort) to display their features, that further doubts the 360 is in solid foundation as say Sony or Nintendo's next generation consoles. [/b][/quote]
    MS is rushing it, I agree. Who knows what for though. They're trying to beat the PS3, but Sony has said this time next year, at the earliest maybe. And hell, Nintendo doesn't even seem to have specs for the revolution. They could spend a couple more months making the console as close to perfect as possible and still be ahead of the others.

Seems to me they just want it out for the holiday season just so they can rake in the cash for holiday sales. Which trust me, as someone who works in a large retail store, I'd much rather have them wait until January, then by the time the holiday season rolls around in 2006, the hype has died down and the stores have ample stock so people can buy. Having old consoles in stock during the holiday season is hard enough. During the 2004 shopping season, all Targets in the entire state of Missouri were out of stock of Xboxes at one point, and in 2003, the store I work at didn't have a single GameCube in stock for a few months, however, fortunatley, there were still Circuit City, Best Buy, EB Games, ect who had consoles in stock and we could tell people to walk next door to Circuit City; problem solved. But if MS rushes the 360 and releases it for the holiday season, all stores will be sold out from people buying the 360 for themselves around release day, leaving none for people to buy as gifts. So MS won't be able to produce them fast enough, stores won't be able to keep them on the shelves, and people will get bitchy because the gift they want to buy is backordered for months. It will make a headache for everyone. I can almost guarantee you Microsoft will not be able to keep up with the demand if they released it no where around the holiday season. But releasing it around the season is just going to make matters worse, and I sure hope they have some people ready to take phone calls from bitchy people when there isn't a 360 to be found in the entire country.

8. User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I think the flaw with the Dreamcast was with Sega's inability to market it properly. In reality, it's a pretty good system, and can match the PS2 and the Xbox easily.

And besides, every single game that was made for the Cast is now free. Everyone likes free stuff, yes? :lol:

9. LinkinJunior

Xbox 360 User Interface
    http://www.betanews.com/article/Revealed_X...face/1116564393

10. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I think I'm most excited about the custom soundtrack that can now be in any Xbox game, unlike the previous Xbox. You have no idea how much I wanted to play Halo 2 while listening to Cassandra Geminni by The Mars Volta. :shifty:

11. LinkinJunior

For me, xbox360 will be the console with the most features and interactivity and playstation3 will be the console with the best graphics and most interesting stories.

12. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Agreed.

13. LinkinJunior

First Xbox 360 seen in the wild

http://360hacker.net/articles/07-18-2005/f...en-in-the-wild/

14. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

lmao :lol: Thats awesome.

15. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Now that is some crazy shit. :lol: Brilliant.

16. forgottenlp52

forgottenlp52 Well-Known Member

My brother is already saving up so he can buy it when it comes out.

17. Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

18. LinkinJunior

19. xero theory

xero theory Banned

i was reading somewhere that the xbox360 will have problems like the standerd dvd drive or something like that and this guy who is working on a rpg for the 360 says alot of the games might have to come out with 2 or more disc

20. Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Right, your first point, "the standerd dvd drive or something" relates to the fact that the Xbox 360 supports DVD disk formats rather than the Blu-Ray format that the Playstation 3 will support. What this means is that you can't fit as much data onto a disk. This makes little difference though, as you can still fit several gigabytes worth of information onto a DVD disk. I wouldn't call it a problem at all.

The "guy who is working on a rpg for the 360 says alot of the games might have to come out with 2 or more disc" is reffering to this said situation. The biggest games might not fit on a DVD disk. If this does happen, the simple solution is to put the game on to two seperate disks. Problem? No. Just slightly more costly for the publisher.

These two things aren't going to make a blind bit of difference to graphics, gameplay or anything like that so I don't know why PS fanboys keep bringing blu-ray up. All it is, is a way of writing information onto a disk using a blue ray rather than the standard red ray. It's a lot more efficient and means you can get a lot more information onto a disk. But in terms of games, that means almost nothing.