OMFG Glee

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Minus, Sep 22, 2010.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

In the tradition of me starting OMFG topics about TV Shows I enjoy, I have to say this season premiere of Glee was ridiculously good. And yes, I know I said that about the second season of Heroes, but this is on a whole new level.

Any Gleeks in the house? Share your thoughts here!

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I love Glee. :wub:

Fredyg

Fredyg Well-Known Member

I saw the first episode of season one. Too flamboyant IMO.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Charice :3 other than that, I just got into Glee and I'm glad I did! :D

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I like Jane Lynch, but never cared for Glee, sorry . . .

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

It's OK, I find it hilarious sometimes (mainly because of Brittany and Sue) but I love Quinn and Satana as well. Basically, the cheerios.

The singing is just ok for me, they have great voices but how they do it in the show is just too corny to watch sometimes for me lol.

Gloomy Mushroom

Let's name our daughter, Drizzle.

Minus

I find it refreshing. They're not following the whole musical standard of 'burst into song' as much as actually performing the song in context.

And to some of the detractors, there are certainly some very testosterone-filled moments in the series. The Season 1 performance of Beck's Loser comes to mind.

_cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

Not really an avid fan of Glee but I watched some episodes of the last season. I do like Puck's character coz he's like the dude of all the dudes. :lol:

I'm excited this season! <3

Minus

Puck is indeed the man's man.

That and he's done the dirty with both Quinn (Dianna Agron) and Santana (Naya Rivera), and through Santana, Brittany (Heather Morris) by proxy. That makes him basically amazing and the envy of most men.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I do musical theatre for a living so Glee is one of my favorite shows just because haha. Love it.

Minus

This past episode kinda made me cry a little.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

It's alright. It has a good vibe and I like it when they make their own interpretations of popular songs.

Gloomy Mushroom

I am now going to turn on Glee season 2.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I kind of hate myself for liking this show as much as I do. Don't get me wrong... I hate the musical numbers, I can appreciate the talent and effort, but... I don't know, they're embarrassing for me to watch. Except the Britney Spears episode. Britney (the non-famous one) made herself my favorite character with that episode.

There's so, so many stereotypes on this show, but I guess it's about high school and shit, so I can let it slide. But the Token Black Guy and the random Asian kid showing up for the bigger musical pieces... I dunno, man, I've only seen these kids in class a few times, why are you giving them passing grades Mr. Schuester?! What the fuck, dude.

In all seriousness, though, without Jane Lynch, I don't think this show would be as half as popular or well-received as it is right now. She carries this show on her back. She is the destroyer of worlds (and TV shows! hello, Party Down).

danielakatoxic

danielakatoxic Active Member

I also would like to say I'm surprised as to how much I like this show. The music doesn't bother me though. It actually makes me like it more especially because you know they are the ones singing the song.

I'll also have to disagree about what you said about Jane Lynch. Look at the crowd this show is projected towards. I doubt every single viewer/fan knows who she is. As for the character itself. It's needed. Without someone that you love to hate any show would suck ass

Minus

Also, I'd like to defend 'Other Asian', played by Harry Shum Jr. He has a more integral role in the second season, along with being the head choreographer for the New Directions alongside Brittany (played by Heather Morris).

New Glee episode tonight, and I probably won't watch it until either the minute it's done airing or tomorrow at work. :lol:

danielakatoxic

danielakatoxic Active Member

He's also working LXD simultaneously

Minus

Not to stray from the topic, but man. The LXD Season 2 trailer is so crazy. Can't wait.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I love Glee but I disliked the one on religion. IMO it gave atheists' a bad name or maybe that's not the right word, I just feel that it misrepresented what atheism is.. It made out the few (Sue and Kurt) on the show to only disbelieve in a deity because they were mad at God. Kurt because he is gay and that a lot of religious people persecute homosexuals based on religious beliefs and Sue because God gave her sister an illness. Which would mean that they weren't atheist at all but just pissed off at God, which is just angry theism. The only logical argument against any type of God was the teacup comment made by Kurt. I find it kind of offensive how the show seemed to be respectful towards the religious and just down right rude towards the "irreligious" (in quotations because clearly, angry doesn't qualify as disbelief.) Then there's the fact that Kurt went to church with his friend Mercedes and such and that Sue said that it was okay for her sister to pray for her. If a friend walks over your back, does something you tell them to not do, and then tries to force their beliefs on you, you're not going to go to church with them.

And really I've been noticing a few patterns. Fox has a total of about 4 atheist (as I can tell) on their shows. And each one of them seem to be have some stupid flaw.

1. Dr. House is made out to be an asshole who hates religion and yet has visions.
    2. Bones, the girl is the most socially inept person ever.
    3. Kurt, he pushes himself and finds it hard to take "No" for an answer
    4. Sue, is made out to be a bitch.

Really, I don't mean to be offensive or anything and I apologizes if I have offended anyone but quite honestly I'm sort of offended. It's like all atheist are portrayed to all have major flaws and such.

Other than that, I love Glee and I really enjoyed last nights episode, yes even the song that Rachel and Finn sang together. (or however you spell the guys name). And can't wait for the rocky horror one.

I'll stop ranting now.. haha.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010