'One More Light' Music Video Released by Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 18, 2017.

StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

Word. I screamed along.

The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

This.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I haven't cried since the week he passed, then I watched this and had to pause it a few times. Beautiful video, but I don't think I can watch it all at once.

Also, it's nice to hear from Mike in that interview. Their show will be difficult to watch, but I'm looking forward to seeing them on stage again. I wish I could go.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I love this video so much. Brilliant tribute by Joe Hahn/Fiore/LP. My heart hurts.

This.

Hybrid, Abel and Gravity_LP like this.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The bridge part completely wrecked me. Was a sobbing mess watching this.

Krizlinkin, Hybrid, Abel and 6 others like this.
    KonKeR-182

KonKeR-182 excuse me for my plastic taste

I didn't bawl like I thought I would of.. Just teared up. I sang along with the lyrics especially at the "I do" part. I'm glad that Hahn, and the rest of the guys decided to put some humour into it instead of having it completely upsetting though. It just added more emotion to it instead of just sadness.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Didn't bawl since I was in school when I watched it, but damn, I'd be lying if I said there weren't tears in my eyes.

KonKeR-182 likes this.
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

That Frat Party footage got me. I was a kid last time I saw that footage, fucking hell :'(

KonKeR-182

KonKeR-182 excuse me for my plastic taste

It came out when I was in school as well. Unfortunately I couldn't watch it though because of teachers. Thankfully I wasn't allowed to, I wouldn't know what I would do if I started to really cry during class because of it.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Such a sad video :(

Listening to Linkin Park as we speak. So sad that he gone. He will forever be missed. As much as I will always hurt for Chester being gone I keep thinking about the band and his family and how they must feel and I wish there was something I could do to make them feel better.

"There was so much more to lose
    Than the pain I put you through
    In my carelessness I left you in the dark

And the blood may wash away
    But the scars will never fade
    At least I know somehow I made a mark"

RIP Chester.

That video almost made my cry. If I wasn't on a public bus I'm sure I would have. I don't know how I'll feel about new music going forward but I will love and cherish their old music always. This song is so in my top 10 Linkin Park songs and I'm glad it got a music video but not under these circumstances. It hurts and it hurts to watch but I will cherish this video just like I cherish most of LP'S work.

Krizlinkin, darkviruz, Sasuke and 3 others like this.
    Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

I was trying to keep it together, then that part played and I instantly surrendered.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Very beautiful tribute video, but ever since I first watched it earlier today, my stomach has been sick, and I'm having a difficult time shaking it off. While watching it, all the emotions came flooding back to me. I'll never fully get over this.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It's in reference to the event that the band will be putting on at that venue next month

Adding to this, I'm pretty sure that it's footage of the band performing live in London for Radio 1

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

LP has been a part of my life for 17 years. Chester's voice was one of the voices that defined the person that I am today. Though I have my often abrasive opinions about a lot of LP's output over the years, I'd be lying if I said this still isn't breaking my heart every single day since that fateful afternoon when we all found out.

This video... this video feels like the culmination of nearly 2 months (fuck, 2 months) of emotion being expelled in cathartic release. It was a somber song before that took new meaning with the Kimmel performance, and especially now. There's the mix of how sad the song is mixed with these highlights that show how bright of a light Chester was. The moments backstage, the energy he brought on stage, how much the band loved him and he them, and above all, the number of lives he's touched. It's a weird feeling. There's that joy of seeing a compilation of why Chester was so beloved with the pain that he's no longer physically with us. The two inform each other in that way; one can't be there without the other. And this video I think encompasses that perfectly.

Congratulations are in order for Joe and Mark. I imagine this was probably one of, if not THE hardest thing both have ever had to do. Already dealing with the loss of a cherished friend, they (and I imagine everyone else in the band who probably helped) put it on themselves to go through all that footage. Relive all the memories from the live concerts, from the meet and greets, the backstage shenanigans, the charity work... and so much more that weren't filmed that we couldn't imagine. The late night talks after a studio session, family days with their kids, all the moments they shared over the 17+ years the band have been together. They pushed through all that to deliver to us this video. They didn't have to do any of this. But they did, because they wanted to honor their brother and reciprocate what the LP community, the music community, the WORLD has given them in these past months.

Taking such unspeakable pain and transforming it into love that connects us all... I'm 100% certain that's what Chester would've wanted. There's a strange sort of joy that comes out of shared mourning; that feeling that we're not alone can be an uplifting sensation. Yes, we all hurt, but we hurt together, and that's something to be treasured, I think. The bonding of a family over such a terrible thing is still the bonding of a family, regardless of circumstance.

Thank you for everything, Linkin Park. Thank YOU for everything, Chester. We are better for having known you.

"We all fall down.
    We live somehow.
    We learn what doesn't kill us makes us stronger."

Krizlinkin, Hybrid, Abel and 13 others like this.
    ZelesteBeauty

ZelesteBeauty Well-Known Member

Me too!! :(

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I watched this when I got home from my girlfriend's last night, I didn't expect the video to be released so soon, which was somewhat of a nice surprise, despite the sad circumstances.

I watched it and credit to Mr. Hahn and Mark Fiore, they did a great job with this video and the emotion it brought out of me. It took me back to the day I heard of Chester's passing, I felt numb but with it, I felt a sense of happiness seeing the joy Chester brought to not only the fans around the world but his band mates also. It was nice they included some old footage in there of Chester and the rest of the band playing together and having a lot of fun. Also love the way Chester is shown singing in the crowd and embracing the song with them, just like we as fans have since Chester's passing.

I loved the moment where the shot cut from Chester singing the chorus to Mike also singing it, such a perfect image. Plus, the part where Chester screamed the muffled "I do" and a whole montage of Chester screaming and roaring with power was shown made me very emotional. I didn't cry but I did feel teary eyed and choked up, makes me miss him all over again and to be honest I still think of Chester practically every day.

Fantastic video, I love this band and Chester so much. One More Light is the perfect song to bring out now, incredible song.

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Wow, what a beautifully put together video! I broke out in tears once again. It was really painful to watch. I was already feeling better about Chester's death, but while watching the video it all came crushing down one me all over again. That song carries so much weight.
    Still, I let it all out, which really helped!
    Since Chester' s passing I made a promise to myself to pull through and be strong (may it be in private matters or at work) I want to make the most out of my life. It's too precious not to care or to give up.

Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

That was so fucking beautifully said.

Joh

Joh Active Member

Beautiful said. The video is so beautiful and so hard to watch and to listen to. I didn't cry until I read your post afterwards :') :')
    It really must have been the hardest thing to do to produce this video but at the same time I never doubt a second that they would do it and it would be as beautiful as it is... sad, emotional, beautiful, touching, connecting - all at the same time.

vanRoK

vanRoK Well-Known Member

Even though i stopped a while after his death to read anything related to LP because it was really affecting my mental state, i would still end up some nights binge watching old LPTV clips and stuff, but this music video really hit me again, burst into tears again :'( when i saw the flashbacks, since that stuff right there is my childhood,i have so many fond memories related to LP throughout my life, I've been a fan since i was 12 and now i'm 28, managed to see them twice so i'm at peace with that, but god i'm gonna miss him terribly,and all the small stupid stuff like album/touring cycles,interviews,speculations,etc.
    I guess "There are things that we can have, but can't keep"
    Joe and Mark really did a great job, summed up all nicely for the fans to remember again who Chester was in the band.

Nicholas likes this.