Opening Week Sales Estimates

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

maybe now but when LP drops by to make a show in sao paulo again things are going to be different...

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Maybe I'm just going crazy, but in my music business class at USF we were taught that sales are not based upon individual sales from retailers to listeners. The numbers actually come from how many albums the retailers purchase.

The retailer to listener numbers are projected and displayed in a different manner. This is the reason digital sales are from retailer to listener.

So, if you base the sales off of the industry standard and think of every major and indie retailer that purchased MTM the numbers could be huge. You've got major retailers like Best Buy, Circuit City, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Meijer, blah blah blah.

I'm sure the guys will do just fine. Right now Projekt Revolution is getting major ad time on radio here in Tampa and we all know that most bands increase revenue through touring.

general41391

general41391 Well-Known Member

Results are posted on Tuesday. (They are not 100%, more like 90%)

Wednesday is the actual number.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

I just got a new estimate from the HDD, it's now estimated to sell over 600,000 first week! Yay! *Starts to get excited!!!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This is just...incredible. It's unheard of with today's modern record sales. It's almost as if the guys can't do wrong. Any album they release turns to gold immediately (no record sale pun intended). It's a phenomenon.

BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

Well, that's LP for you. I think we should really expect this from the guys by now.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

It also helps to have one of the largest and most dedicated fan bases you can find in the industry.

I mean look at this site for example. Even in the serious "downtime" in between albums the LPA keeps all the fans connected on what the band is doing.

It's a fantastic way to keep sales at the peak.

zzfaugc

zzfaugc Well-Known Member

Not to mention the 500 posts that appeared in one thread when everybody thought KROQ was going to play "What I've Done" early.
    That was funny.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

That is true kind of. Hybrid theory sold 10 million albums to retailers across america, but fans only actually bought around 9.1 million of those cd's in the retail shops in america so far anyway, but HT never stops selling really...lol

The numbers they are talking about here are the actual sales, but the shipment of cd's to the retailers is what the RIAA company goes by. So say MTM sells 800,000 copies in 2 weeks. The RIAA may already certify it platinum. Make sense?

Last edited: May 19, 2007
    thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

First week is expected to be big, we'll see how loyal the fan base is coming weeks 4 and 5 and so on...The change in sound will deter people from buying the album, so hopefully LP gets another single out sometime next month that is received well and fans spread the word that the album is good/needs time to get used to

Urantia Girl

Urantia Girl Well-Known Member

Hence why No More Sorrow should be the next single.

HurQlez03

HurQlez03 Well-Known Member

I know wikipedia is not always correct, but check out what I found under "Minutes to Midnight".

According to Hits Daily Double the album is expected to top the chart at #1 with around 1,300,000 copies.

Since I dont have a membership I dont know if this is true. Maybe whoever wrote this is a fan.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

"Leave Out The Rest" has potential to be their biggest hit.

Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

Yeah, either Leave out all the rest or No more Sorrow. Given up would certainly do great as well!

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

I would vote for given up.

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

yeah, either "Given Up", "Leave Out All The Rest", or maybe even "Bleed it Out"..they've been playing that lately with "What I've Done"..like at SNL and Jimmy Kimmel last night.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

Honestly, I hope that Given up becomes the next single...it brings in a bit of the new sound while staying conected to the old...that would hook a shitload of the older fans...or maybe even some new fans

FiGzZ

FiGzZ Banned

Ye's i wa really hoping for that too then after it would be "In Pieces" with a nice solo on it. I can't wait to see them live!!!

general41391

general41391 Well-Known Member

As we head into the weekend before Memorial Day, WB's Linkin Park is on target for the #1 slot on next week's HITS Top 50 with more than 600k in estimated sales, the largest first-week of the year, beating Norah Jones' 418k in February.

550-600

now they are saying above 600! awesome! I would love for them to pass 600k that is amazing....and just a bit lower than meteora!

BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

Wikipedia (I know it's not a reliable source, but still) has Given Up in the singles discography. So it might as well be their next release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.