OPINION: North Korea "threatens" South of a "final destruction"

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by RazorEye, Feb 20, 2013.

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

North Korea threatens to follow up nuclear test and 'destroy South Korea'
    The Guardian, Tuesday February 19, 2013

"As the saying goes, a new-born puppy knows no fear of a tiger. South Korea's erratic behaviour would only herald it's final destruction."

Let's look at what the North Korean ambassador actually said before we go all "North Korea's gonna kill us all!" bullshit again.

First off, I just want to point out straight away that I am against North Korea's ideology of communism and I am well against the use of WMDs in war. What might upset you is that I am pretty pissed off at the shit the UN has been putting on North Korea recently such as their first step into space labelled an illegal act.

"South Korea's erratic behaviour would only herald it's final destruction." Is he really threatening South Korea with destruction? Is it even a threat at all? If anything it's just a reminder to South Korea not to fuck with them and not to declare war or make some other decision that'll get them in very thick quicksand. In the past few days, North Korea has been talking about following up their recent nuclear tests with, you guessed it, MORE nuclear tests, but that's ONLY IF the US takes a "hostile approach" against them, in which every living, breathing creature on earth seems to be doing. Let's look at this realistically - which one of the Koreas are more likely to wage war against each other? The one that seeks ceasefire and reunification in every single aspect known to man, or the American-influenced one that actually does see the other as a threat?

If contemporary history has taught us anything, it's that North Korea don't actually possess the balls to wage war against super powers like the United States and possibly even next door neighbours China. North Korea's game is psychology, not weapons and gun powder. North Korea's card of play is a smart one though. They play the sitting game, otherwise known as the leave-us-the-fuck-alone-America-we're-much-better-off-without-you game, where you constantly taunt the UN with comments, such as the one we've heard just recently, in hopes that the Capitalist and Democratic world will never attempt to wage war against you, and so far it has proved super effective against the UN. North Korea is constantly defending itself, like guarding at every turn in a Mother 3 or Pokemon battle. North Korea can't attack, and so all the nuclear tests, the comments and recent events are all just a ploy to keep others out of North Korea, because everyone should know that America would indefinitely be the one to light a fire under Korea's ass if the Korean War escalates to conflict ever again like it almost did two or three years ago.

Basically, North Korea and South Korea have been so culturally influenced by non-relevant countries like the United States, the former Soviet Union and China that there is no legitimate way that the two countries can peacefully seek each other and live with each other anymore. Like the ending of Mother 3 or the final battle in Return of the Jedi, two relatives are taught to fight with each other, constantly picking at each other like the two noisy guys sitting at the very back of the classroom. South Korea is basically the U.S.' puppet in all this, of course, treating the south like it was their new born son, but really they seriously have nothing to do with any of it other than their participation in the Korean War, a time where the fight between Communism and Capitalism actually did make sense and actually was a legitimate issue, i.e. the Cold War.

Long story short, the overreaction to the ambassador's comment is largely unnecessary, as they are definitely not threatening South Korea of anything. They are just simply saying not to wage war against them. North Korea have been playing this game for a long time, and North Korea will never actually declare war against anyone, because they just want to be left alone to run their own country and regime and seek a peaceful reunion with the south without America and the UN fucking it up like they have done again recently. If the UN were smart, they would either leave North and South Korea alone, OR fucking destroy North Korea with all the firepower they have (not the preferred option though :lol:).

Constantly whining about North Korea's riddles and rhymes and useless missile tests will definitely not resolve the situation on the Korean Peninsula.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

They're saber rattling because they know it'll get us in a fit. Just as Kim Jong-un talks about opening up the economy to encourage business from Germany, the military causing us to be afraid keeps them in communiqué with the rest of the world. Being an insulated country has no benefits, and they know that.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I'm sure as hell something would've happened at this point had North Korea not had such strong ties with China.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

North Korea always has been and always will be an "all bark and no bite" country that only stays relevant on a global scale by riding on the coattails of their constant empty threats. Everybody THINKS something is going to happen every time North Korea throws a hissy fit, and yet it never amounts to anything more than that. North Korea is basically to the rest of the world what the Soviet Union was to the United States during the Cold War. We've all been brainwashed into fearing them by the doom-and-gloom spin the media puts on everything, but is there REALLY anything to be afraid of? Other than Kim Jong Un potentially causing a worldwide cake shortage, anyway. Look at him, dude looks like he definitely LOVES some cake.

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

:lgh:

That made my day. Funniest thing i've heard in a long time!

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

The mere title of this thread made me laugh.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Why would you push for Korean unification under threats of utterly destroying the part that you are trying to reunite with?

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Yeah. That. :kappa:

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

The president and his military are in total control of a country where they have absolute power, live as gods, and know that nobody on the planet is ever going to fuck with them. They're not going to give that up by starting a war.