Opinions on TLTGYA?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by NoMoreSorrow, May 6, 2007.

NoMoreSorrow

NoMoreSorrow Member

From what I've heard, people either love "The Little Things Give You Away," or hate it. Honestly, I was disappointed the first time I heard it, but after 3 or 4 listens, it was one of my favorite songs. I'm interested to hear anyone else's opinion.

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

This song its just amazing. Nothing more to say.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

The first time hearing it had no affect on me. About the 3rd or 4th it just... had something. No idea what.

Josh_

Josh_ Active Member

I don't know, I guess it doesn't quite live up to the hype for me. The rest of the songs rule though, except In Between. Something about that song is so....boring.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

right now its one of my favorites, i HATED it at first but...i am enjoying it so much right now.

the part where the lyrics die out..that beat and then the solo starts well that whole part reminds me of pink floyd for some reason, in a most EXCELLENT (Waynes world pun) way

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Please post Minutes To Midnight topics in the Minutes To Midnight forum!

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I love the song. The solo is beautiful, and I like how Mike and Chester sing at the end. It ends the album in a great way.

BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

I think the drums were better overall on technical over the guitar, but the solo had so much heart into it.

I really love the ending and would enjoy seeing all six of them singing it live, instead of what it sounds like how it's only Mike/Chester with a computer mix.

Really, not AS great as it was said, but it IS the best song they ever wrote to me. Only beats out Pushing Me Away and a few songs from MTM though by a little.

Requiem1394

Requiem1394 Well-Known Member

I didn't even think it was LP since it was the first song on the album I listened to. By the end I thought it was refreshing and cool. Now I really like it. Sure, it's basically a power ballad, but the harmonies with Chester and Mike in the last minute are excellent.

capitain

capitain Member

My reaction to first 40 seconds: WTF :-(

My reaction as the the song kept going: OMGWTFBBQYES! :-D

I can't really place it, but the song evokes memories of my dad putting on music that he liked, music from back when he was young, when I was a little kid, and me enjoying it with him. Folksy a bit maybe? I have no clue, but I feel the lyrics are great; not complex but not blatantly simple, but slightly ambiguous and open to interpretation, making you think. Also the way Chester's singing is nuanced, not too soft, slightly raw, but not overly done, perfect. And when the guitar comes in, it's pure awesomeness.

Love. This. Song.

Edit: I think I got it. It feels like Stairway to Heaven, how it goes from quiet to somewhat loud, then a bit like U2.

Last edited: May 6, 2007
    lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

it sounds like a country song, but I love it.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

I love the build up in volume and depth from the beginning to the 3:12 point. But I think the song could have been ended a lot better. I was expecting something after the solo other than a long, repetitive closing. Maybe a powerful chorus or something, I don't know. When Chester sings it's nice but as soon as Mike starts singing I can't hit skip fast enough. I love Chester's voice on this song and I guess I just wanted more. Oh well, no complaints.

LPdiscovery02

LPdiscovery02 Well-Known Member

when i first heard the song i said it was over hyped but like everyone else it looks like it catches u after a few times around and does anyone else think that in the beginning when chester is singing some things sound like michael jackson... which isnt a bad thing he might be a freak but his voice use to be good

Conjure

Conjure Active Member

I loved it from the beginning, along with every other track on the record :p

the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

I may be a "macho man" lol, but I literally cried when I heard TLTGYA... mainly because some of my family members lost their home, and one was killed, so I really could relate to this song. I'm with LP on this one... it's one of the best they've written, I think.

Ever Ending Story

Ever Ending Story Member

I really love the song. I do think it was over-hyped. It wasn't the best song on the album. But it was still very good.

littlethings

littlethings New Member

man such a good song from the first time i heard it, very powerful song and album

samedirection

samedirection Member

"The Little Things Give You Away" is without a doubt my favorite song on the album and possibly my favorite Linkin Park song ever. It's just so emotional and mature.

Ever Ending Story

Ever Ending Story Member

Actually, I just spent awhile listening to it, and with each listen, the song got better, and now, it went from being simply a good song, to now being my favorite song from the album, and one of my favorite songs of all time. It has really great lyrics, awesome instrumentals, and Chester's singing is amazing.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

it wasn't as good as they made it out to be but eventually i started to like it