Panic Attacks & Drugs

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by erasethepain, Jul 29, 2004.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I've recently been having what I have been told are panic attacks every time I take my medicine. What's weird is that I've been taking Wellbutrin and Adderal for quiet some time. I searched through the internet and the effects are exactly the same. The only thing different about my attacks and others is that I also hullicinate, but not the kind that are pleasurable. If you don't like the fact that drugs are in my past, we'll so am I, and I advise you stop reading.

I'm curious if this has to due with the drugs I've done in the past. I know some of you will jump on my case because you think it's the most idiotic thing in the world, but still I did it. When you trip off a certain kind of pill (I won't say the name of the medicine or the dosage), you'll hallucinate but it's not the same as if you took a hit of Acid. You'll mostly see insect related things. You'll see things that are the shape of an object your looking at. You know when your in the dark and you see things but it turns out to be just an ordinary object laying on your floor? We'll, that's what happenes except you never actually see what it really is until you come off of the drug. Your mind hallucinates and you can see the object move and then come back to it's normal state. The reason why I'm going into as much detail is because A ) is scared the living hell out of me and B ) maybe some of you might know what I'm talking about. I've tried everywhere and no one has the answer, so I'm hoping just maybe someone here can help me out.

This is honestly the most scarest thing I've been through and I've had two attacks this week. They happen during the night time when my body begins to get tired but the fright keeps me up longer than I want to. Right now, I'm not feeling any effects compared to last time where my heart hurt for a day after the attack went away. I also had some tension in my eye muscles until half way through the next day. I really want to get this problem solved. I'm afraid to go to the doctor because he might think I'm abusing my medicine or taking them with other drugs, which I'm not. I'm not trying to brag but I'm wondering if my use with Methamphetamine, PCP and Shrooms might have effected this aswell.

John.

John. i am corruption LPA Super Member

I really don't know what to say, but I can understand how scared/frightened you must be. My mom was having panic attacks last month and it was some pretty weird/scary ####. I can only advise you (even though you don't want to) go to the doctors. They're probably the only people who can help you with your situation.

erasethepain

I guess I have to.

What sucks even more is that I can't take my medicine until then and my medicine is for my depression. Without it, I break down a lot easier. Sure, I've got a much brighter outlook on things, but stopping your medicine all at once isnt good.

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

For sure.

You poor thing. I'm also on anti-depressants, and I've experienced many unpleasant side effects, including panic attacks. I would highly recommend meeting with your doctor and informing them of these recent attacks. Doctors are the only people who can help, and you've gotta let them know, because they can't read minds. In the mean time, when you do feel overwhelmed by anxiety. Try deep breathing. Focus on anything else, besides your nervousness. Good luck. :hugz:

erasethepain

Last night I fought my way thrrough it. I was seeing the straps of my backpack turn into a snake and I tried my best not to worry about it. I had everything that goes along with a panic attack and somehow I made myself go to sleep last night. I just closed my eyes and layed there. It took everything I had.

Obviously, I'm never doing it again. I can't live my life like this knowing these attacks could appear at any moment. I'm for sure it was the drug because now that I've re-read the long-term side effects it lists anxiety attacks and the attack is too similiar to the high to be anything else besides my medicine.

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Did you tell your doctor about this? I'd trust their opinions alot more than anyone here's.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

i am on lexapro, i was on wellbutrin but they took me off cuz of the risk of seizures and how i had one and blah blah blah. i used to be on ritalin but i stopped that one the first chance i got.

i get panic attacks all the time...it feels like i stuck my hand in an electrical outlet...and then my heart starts going insane...

i dont know why i get these but in the past i have also used a lot of pills. not extreme amounts, the most i ever did was 16 mgs of valium and all it did was make me sleep...i never did hallucinogens though.

i dont know if the hallucinogen use would make you do something like that unless you were in withdrawal for a certain period of time, but i dont know.