Papa Roach

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by [Darken Hybrid], Apr 30, 2003.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

I bet the most of you know who papa roach is. so what do you think about them? I think that they are awesome.

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

a so so band

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Infest was an awesome CD. lovehatetragedy is OK though. I cant stand hearing She Loves Me Not anymore, the radio station here still overplays it

Rybullet

Rybullet Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree I think Infest was better........ But they are a pretty good band still...... My favorite song is 'Between Angels and Insects'....

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I love Papa Roach... they're the ones that got me into rock in the first place :chemist:.

I used to dislike "Last Resort" until for some reason, one day it turned into my favorite song (at the time) and I said good bye to the pop days and entered the rock/rap life :D.

Now it's mostly rock, but yeah.

I've gotta' respect Papa Roach for all they are because if it wasn't for them, I might not even know who Linkin Park was :wth:.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I have only heard 2 songs by Papa Roach. They are alright. I am sick of hearing She Loves Me Not.. I dont like it much.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

i really like Papa Roach. I didn't like Infest that much.
    LoveHateTragedy is better then Infest in my opinion. Too bad they only make 2 video's for the album.
    does anyone know when their new album is coming out?

Shinji

Shinji Illuminate

papa roach rules i think they are a great band

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Last Resort is cool...I can't stand She Loves Me Not though. Haven't heard anything else by them.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

They are definutally a band to pay attention to. They are great!!!!

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I like Last Resort, Dead Cell, Broken Home, Between Angels and Insects and other song whose names I can't remember on "Infest".

On Lovehatetragedy: She Loves Me Not, Black Clouds, Decompression Period, Walking Thru Barbed Wire, Life is a Bullet and Born With Nothing Die With Everything are all good. Hell the whole cd is good.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I love Papa Roach! My favorite song by them is "Between Angels and Insects". :)

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

I liked the rap on infest, but I really loved LoveHateTragedy. Its so far from their former style I don't think it even went platinum, but it is an awesome CD like you said, LPFan! My Faves are Life is A Bullet, Decompression Period, Black Clouds, and my favourite: Code of Energy! Whoa thats a sweet song! And the title track (track 11) is really wierd with Jerry playing wierd distortions, and the song takes a while to get used to, but it's a good song! A solid CD!

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Another band that sold a bunch of copies with infest, which was just cool, and then turned out to sell off. At least, Linkin Park made a Meteora and Limp Bizkit... ok, not to mention them , they get better in every disc.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Papa Roach hasn't sold out. They're true to their fans just like LP is.

And limpbizkit gets better with every disc? How much is Fred paying you to say that ####?

Kæton

Papa Roach hasn't sold out. They're true to their fans just like LP is.

And limpbizkit gets better with every disc? How much is Fred paying you to say that ####? [/b][/quote]
    lol, Word.

I agree that Papa Roach has NOT sold out... That's bullcrap. I don't get how Papa Roach could sell out. Since the beginning the band has always loved their fans like LP. I don't think Limp Bizkit got any better. I think that Fred Durst kind of lied to the public, but I could be wrong. I thought that Fred Durst was done with hate music because of the 9-11 attacks, but he came out with that song that was supposedly to Britney Spears; "Just Drop Dead"? I don't know, I think Significant Other was better than Chocolate Starfish... although their third got me intrested in their music.

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think Papa Roach should be compared to bands like Limp Bizkit, becuase LB never toured on the Ozzfest, and hearing what Jacoby had to say about the Ozzfest, it must have been a hell of a ride :lol:.

Phantom Duck

Hell i'm not talking about Fred or Ozzfest or Wes.
    It's all about music. When Infest sold waay more copies than Infest, which wasn't really the HT mass-hit disc, what more can i say?

PS: Durst isn't really of a very smart guy, but at least he can sing well, and that's what he's chosen to do.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

First of all, Fred Durst can't sing very well. You may think Jacoby isn't as good of a singer because he actually has some RANGE in his songs. Fred has this rap/singing voice that really takes no effort to do. The only place that I have really heard him sing is Rearranged and a bit of My Way. Besides, even if Jacoby is a bit rough on the vocals, Papa roach has a better drummer and almost as good of a bassist and the better guitarist (Jerry was almost as good as Wes, IMO).

Infest sold more EXACTLY because it was rap/metal, and since LoveHateTragedy is a metal album with no rap except for SLMN, fans couldn't take the change in style (like many of my friends who liked Infest) and I still thought Infest was better until I got more into metal and got to appreciate musicianship a lot more, and I went and listened to LHT once more and I think its a lot better than Infest now. Infest is catchier (rap is by nature really catchy), but LHT can still be catchy and they play their instruments better, and there is a lot more creativity on their sophomore album!

Kæton

True True, and I agree that people lost intrest in Papa Roach because their music changed. But Jacoby said in an interview I saw on MTV talking about Lovehatetragedy and he said that some people weren't going to like it because it was more rock than the rap he did in Infest.

If you think about it, it's kind of like Linkin Park, or any band for that matter. When the band matures, and the fans don't, there is no longer a connection... When you fall out of interest due to the evolution or change in the music, then it's likely you weren't really into the music to begin with.

People always tell me that Meteora is horrible compared to Hybrid Theory, but I feel it's because the band matured, and a lot of the fans didn't. They didn't want Linkin Park to change... but everything changes.

And like I said, it's hard to compare bands like Limp Bizkit to Papa Roach since a lot things Limp Bizkit went through never happened with Papa Roach, and vice-versa.

But then again, I respect your opinions, just that I feel that the differences are what seperate some bands from each other.

It's like trying to compare Tool to Nelly... They're completely different, yet people in my school like to argue and try to beat each other out with it... It's really pathetic in my opinion :lol:.

Phantom Duck

Well, i feel like Keaton is right.
    But, hey, LP didn't change THAT much in Meteora. They just made a few different songs like BTH. But the nu metal spirit was not lost. What about LFY, SIB, and Faint?
    C'mon, let's accept it, if a band can't continue creating, they just lose their fans, and not only.