Paramore — Paramore

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by hawk, Jan 23, 2013.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Not many saw too much in their latest single "Now", but there is a lot to see in the upcoming self-titled album by Paramore. Coming in at 17 tracks, "Paramore" will be available from April 9.

—​

01. Fast In My Car
    02. Now
    03. Grow Up
    04. Daydreaming
    05. Moving On*
    06. Ain't It Fun
    07. Part II
    08. Last Hope
    09. Still Into You
    10. Anklebiters
    11. Holiday*
    12. Proof
    13. Hate To See Your Heart Break
    14. (One of Those) Crazy Girls
    15. I'm Not Angry Anymore*
    16. Be Alone
    17. Future

* interlude.

—​

via iTunes Australia.

Pre-order now via Paramore.net or iTunes.

Note: pre-orders via Paramore.net are currently not open for international-ites. iTunes supports "au" and "nz" stores at the current time.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

The album has leaked.

hawk

Fantastic. Thanks for heads up. Now I find can found out what we're supposed to be in for.

lime treacle

This album is pretty good. It has more electronic influences than the previous ones and is very creative. Part II and Future are pieces of art.

Alright, my overall rating is... Paramore = Brand New Eyes > Riot! > All We Know is Falling

Now is probably my least favorite track on the record. :lol:

hawk

1. Fast In My Car — 2/5 — For me, it didn't seem to flow too well.
    2. Now — 3/5 — We know the deal with this one. It's a good one.
    3. Grow Up — 2/5 — Instrumentally it was catchy, but the vocals not so much.
    4. Daydreaming — 4/5 — Loved it. The tone was fantastic.
    5. Moving On — 2/5 — Yeah it was cute, but felt somewhat unnecessary.
    6. Ain't It Fun — 3/5 — This one was good, latter half wasn't as good as the first.
    7. Part II — 5/5 — Fuck yes! Brilliant throughout. Bridge was sick, chorus was great!
    8. Last Hope — 3/5 — I liked the chorus in this one, the rest was good.
    9. Still Into You — 4/5 — We know the deal with this one too. Happy Paramore.
    10. Anklebiters — 3/5 — It was alright. Had some good energy going for it.
    11. Holiday — 2/5 — ...so this is what the intervals are? Yeah, no thanks.
    12. Proof — 3/5 — Catchy. The chorus and bridge was great.
    13. Hate To See Your Heart Break — 3/5 — Slow, catchy.
    14. (One Of Those) Crazy Girls — 3/5 — Wasn't too bad. Interval-like start/finish.
    15. I’m Not Angry Anymore — 2/5 — Go away. Couldn't give a fuck about the ukulele.
    16. Be Alone — 2/5 — Didn't strike me as anything too special.
    17. Future — 4/5 — Slow start, fucking fantastic finish! (Why did it fade out and back in again?)

Wrote this up real quick as I went through each track. Keep in mind these are only first impressions.
    Mathematically: 3/5. Personally: 4/5.

Highlights: Part II, Daydreaming, Future.

Going Went through for a second time.

1. Fast In My Car — 7/10 — Much better the second time, unsure what I was high on the first time around. The chorus is fun.
    2. Now — 7/10 — No opinion to change here. I've heard this song many times.
    3. Grow Up — 6/10 — Similar stance, slightly different. Catchy verses, not so good come chorus. Love the outro.
    4. Daydreaming — 8/10 — Love it. There is something about the chorus that's just awesome.
    5. Moving On — 6/10 — I mean, it's not too bad but I don't really care for the ukulele. I like the vocals.
    6. Ain't It Fun — 7/10 — Pretty much the same stance as before. Great first second, slightly off second half.
    7. Part II — 10/10 — Absolutely amazing. Love the vocals, the instrumental, the brilliant chorus and the fucking amazing outro.
    8. Last Hope — 8/10 — Liked this much more the second time around. Generally a great song, love the chorus.
    9. Still Into You — 7/10 — Much the same opinion, heard this song many times.
    10. Anklebiters67/10 — It wasn't too bad but I wasn't really feeling the energy which it had going for it. Feeling it this time.
    11. Holiday — 4/10 — Wasn't as good as the first interval, and I still don't care for that ukulele.
    12. Proof — 7/10 — Much the same as the first time around. Catchy verses, bridge and a good chorus.
    13. Hate To See Your Heart Break — 7/10 — Slow, calm, catchy with some nice vocals lying above soft strings. Nice mini-build in the middle of the track.
    14. (One Of Those) Crazy Girls — 7/10 — Curse that ukulele! Not too bad once it gets going. Much the same opinion as before.
    15. I’m Not Angry Anymore — 5/10 — Much like the first interlude, nice vocals but the ukulele still isn't my thing.
    16. Be Alone — 6/10 — Similar to my previous opinion. I didn't not like it but it wasn't anything particularly special.
    17. Future — 9/10 — A great, slower opening transitioning into a big finale finish! Fantastic.

Highlights: Part II, Future. I'll stick with these two, sitting as the top two tracks on the album.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
    lime treacle

I think Now is growing on me. Still not a fan of that chorus hook, though.

hawk

Now definitely needed to grow on me, but as the lead single, it had some extra time to do so.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

First album of theirs I actually listened to (thanks to this thread, basically. the comments on Part II got me intrigued). Gotta say, I enjoyed this album more than I thought I would.

lime treacle

^Go listen to them all, Brand New Eyes at least.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Is the leak at a high enough quality? And I've gotten to really like "Now" because it's so catchy. I'm excited for new Paramore because my interest in the band has decreased so much. Surprised at the increased electronic influences since they said they weren't going to have anything like that. Now is definitely not influenced by it

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

And Linkin Park are sellouts for going at it :facepalm:. I haven't listened to this or any of Paramore's albums but had to say it :lol:

Not am I trying to say Paramore are sellouts (would be stupid), but people should stop making such absurd statements when a band is trying to push their creative boundaries and expanding their style (whatever direction it may be). I've seen it already with many bands, I think it's time moves like these start to be more widely accepted.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Eh, don't like it as much as Brand New Eyes. Starts off mediocre, gets good in the middle and ends mediocre.

lime treacle

High enough, yeah.

hawk

It's 320kbps. Surely that is high enough. :lol:

I agree. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a band doing so. That said, the electronic influence is fairly light in this album anyway.

:)

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the new sound. Part II was awesome, but I wasn't digging much else. I guess now I know how it feels every time Linkin Park change their sound and people hate it. Lol oh well, with the Farro brothers gone I'm not surprised. Josh was the musical backbone of Paramore, and Zack was a crazy good drummer.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Brand New Eyes >> Riot! >> Paramore > Singles Club > All We Know is Falling.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

I like it. I like it more then the other Paramore albums.
    Great stuff.

lime treacle

Doesn't really sound like 320kbps, if you ask me.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

After just listening to it all the way through, I actually see a lot of great things about this album. It's a lot like A Thousand Suns, in that there's a ton of different sounds, high energy and low energy, and seems to revolve around a specific theme. Highlights were Part II, Last Hope, Still Into You, Proof, and Hate To See Your Heart Break.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

I hated Now, but I gave 'Part II' a chance, seeing how much praise it got on this thread. It was awesome, I might just pick this up.