Paul McCartney Makes Surprise Appearance at Grammys

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Tell the guy that Chester was harmonizing and he should probably look up the definition of the word. I'm sure the bands he listens to don't even try to harmonize vocals, like 95% of modern rock really. It takes a really good musical ear to make up harmony to a song.

Edit: No offense to the linkinparkbr people, but I would really like a rip of this from the US broadcast, there was no talking over the beginning or end.

Zack

Zack Banned

The performance was AWESOME. Joe did really good on the Numb notes, it seemed darker to me.. Jay was great, as well as Chester singing ''What the hell are you waiting for''. But then, Chester didn't sing Numb, and I was ''WTF''? Then Paul McCartney came on and started singing with Chester. I then relized that it was a medley!! (w00t) I've never listened to classic music before really, so I didn't know. I still wish that they could have played Numb/Encore and then Chester and Paul McCartney, but oh well.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That performance was great! Too bad Linkin Park didn't stay on stage for another song though. Chester's voice was amazing, and anybody who is spreading hate towards these performers should get sh*t kicked. The only reason they would be doing so is just because they haven't actually realized how great their achievments are, *sigh shame on those bastards, I am definiotely sick and tired of people like these. The performance definitely has gotten me hyped up for Chester's solo album, as well as Linkin park's next album. Congrats to LP for a fine performance.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

ya i have the mp3 of the song,and its weird cuz at the end ppl are like talking in spanish to each other but anyway ive been listening to it for an hour straight i cant get enough of that performance

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That's just because it's from the Brazilian TV broadcast. The US version didn't have talking and stuff in it like that.

kemy

kemy Member

kemy

kemy Member

They are talking portuguese :ermm:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I don't care what these idiots say...Chester nailed the "Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away" and everything after it.

I'm proud of him.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

Chester was dead on, he carried the whole song. It seemed to me that Paul actually was actually a little off, he looked like he was lipsyncing a bit, lol, but he kept looking at chester to see where he was at in the song. overall, GREAT performance and I truly cannot wait until his solo album or the new lp record, great times ahead :)

snow daze

snow daze Member

OMG! Can anyone say highlight of '06? Musically, at least. I knew something was up when Mikey played different notes on the piano. Before the show, Sway was interviewing them (@ the time I couldn't put the pieces together), and he was asking them questions about the surprise performer. He was like "Is he a legend? Is he from overseas?" I was like what??:hmm: Anyway, the performance was absolutely breathtaking. I almost cried when I heard Chester sing the "Yesterday" verses. His voice is phenomenal!(w00t) Congrats to LP for their 2nd Grammy!!:king: :king: :king: :king: :king: :king: (LP) BTW, Phoenix got the best B-Day present ever.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Everyone's talking about how Chester's notes don't match Paul's. That's the point! It's called harmony and melody.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

I don't know what's more funny/awkward, Paul pointing at Jay-Z or Jay-Z pretending to be a conductor, at the end of the performance

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

And I'm pretty sure someone already covered that point in the thread. ;)

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Eh maybe I missed it, so sue me.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

expect your subpoena from the court and my lawyer in the coming days ;) lol

heshboy

heshboy Well-Known Member

Dude I just can't get The LP Album out of my mind. I just ope it builds up a lot of hype. I hope the Grammy Award show helped put LP ack into the minds of people around the world. This performance I think shall gain new LP fans.

I see LP preforming lots more at the Grammy Awards in the future.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
    tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

and recieving lots more...

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm pretty sure I hate it when rappers randomly go "uh huh" and "that's right" during songs.

Did anyone else have a problem with the audio only playing through one speaker? None of my other audio files are like that, so I'm assuming it's just an error in the MP3.

heshboy

heshboy Well-Known Member

I hope so. Don't you find it strange that such a unique band such as LP only has won 2 Grammy Awards?

20. Slats-LP-J5

Slats-LP-J5 Well-Known Member

That was freakin amazing, it gave me goosebumps!

And Chester sounded really rested. His voice sounded superb. I was worried Chester would burn out, but he sounded fantastic, and as I said, rested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.