Photoshop 7 vs. Paint Shop Pro 8

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by elie, Jul 5, 2003.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

Which do you reccommend investing in?

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Photoshop.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

paint pro is for oldies who barely make the speed limit

photoshop is the way to go B)

Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

Grrr.....paintshop is ok....I downloaded Photoshop, but it won't ######'' open.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, i'm looking for an "investment". First of all Photoshop is about 600 dollars, while PSP7 is only 99.99 (60 dollars after a rebate).

Of course, anybody can go get a bootleg copy of either, and i'm aware that PS is a higher end product, but I need the BANG for my buck. I'm opening a real business (beyond EEFactor), and I have knowledge of each program fairly well (i'm basically the FLASH freak), but I can adjust to either program extremely well. But the thing is, I can't use illegal copies, nor do I want too. I want to provide awesome products for my clients (I already have 3 decent clients), and I don't want to do so with illegal content. So I need to know, is paying about 500 more dollars, worth it for PS. Is that THAT much better?

image_distort

image_distort Well-Known Member

Having using both the products, I strongly recommend Adobe Photoshop. It is expensive because it is better.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

Image Distort, thanks for your advice.

But, I do know that you get what you pay for. I could have made boring websites, but I paid 499.99 for Flash MX. But what i'm saying is, "Is Photoshop that much better to pay 500 more dollars for it?"

Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

Well, lots of people say Photoshop is better....what's so great about it? (knowing that I myself do not have Photoshop) Are there more tools or something?

elie

elie Well-Known Member

After some research, I can conlcude (and I knew from the begining), Photoshop is better than Paint Shop Pro. Photoshop is becoming an industry standard that many designers are required to have knowledge of. Paint Shop Pro is more of a hobbyist form of software, something that families may find useful (because of it's ease of use) and begining webmasters (because of it's extreme price difference between it, and PS). I hope that helped anyone, cause it sure helped me!

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

i've used both and i must say that photoshop is worth the extra moolah. :) but my mommy won't buy it for me, so ill have to make do with paint shop pro *sigh*

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

even if u do splash the money on photoshop, it will be worth it in the end, if u work hard at it, and get some advertisers, you`ll probobly be able to make your money back....

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

Photoshop is a great program to have. Once you get a hang of all the controls, the sky is literally the limit. You can achieve so many things on it, its unreal.

However, I've found something even better...

For all you MAC users, I really recommened buying Adobe Illustrator. Its a professional graphics program, and this baby is actually helping me to make my graphic projects ;) *hugs her IBook*

But yeah...PC users, grab Photoshop if you can...MAC users get Illustrator...I'm alright...I have both :p

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Adobe Photoshop all the way!