[Podcast Download] Mike Shinoda Featured on "Get Up On This" w/ Jensen Karp

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park was the featured guest on the inaugural "Get Up On This" Smodcast podcast hosted by Jensen Karp yesterday, and the cast is now up to download. Read the description from Smodcast below and download the MP3 audio.

You can download the podcast below. The show kicks off just past the 6:00 mark and Mike enters the cast at around 10:50. You should really listen to the whole cast as it goes into detail on a lot of topics, but for those that can't right now, there's a scarce run down of some of the Linkin Park related topics after the download.

• Mike discusses playing Red Square and the significance of playing A Thousand Suns songs at the show. Notably the political elements of the tracks and how they resonate with the Russian setting.
    • Mike talks about working with Michael Bay and his relationship with him, stating that working on the last film gave Mike a chance to see a more "softer" side of the director.
    • The label of being "rap-rock", being pigeon holed by the media, and how they strived to get away from it, giving examples of the types of things the media write when referencing the band.
    If you just want Linkin Park discussion, this isn't for you. I recommend you listen to the whole cast as it's a great listen where Mike & Jensen discuss a lot of relevant and current trends, and it's a great insight into what Mike is into at the moment.

Source: Smodcast via Keols

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If only Mike could join us for OUR podcast :lol:.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

You should ask Adam to ask the band.
    Imagine all 6 of them on LPA podcast.
    Actually, we haven't done one in a while.

Derek

It took four years just to get an interview with Dave, and at that time it was pre-MTM and we were getting "album hype traffic" which was 18-20 million. With the Joe Hahn interview, we were in touch with him through a mutual friend who happily passed the information along to Joe who agreed to the interview (his only interview that year might I add! :D). The Chester interview, actually fell into our lap and required no effort at all :lol:. Chester said he wanted to talk to the fans, so Adam reached out to us and another fansite and made it happen.

So pretty much it's a game of luck. Even when the band isn't touring, they are still extremely busy with guest appearances, writing, recording, etc and when an interview happens it's because everything fell into place. I'd be HONORED to do a band podcast for you guys (and Mike if you're browsing the forums, write Adam!) but it really depends on the band's schedule and if management approves it. And that's pretty much hit or miss with the last part haha.

Zane

Does the band still owe a interview after last year's thing. I don't remember quite exactly how it went.

Derek

Yeah but not to us, although Mike thought we won during the Philly M&G. So maybe by the power of Mike we should get one? :rastamike:

Zane

Just saying, I'm pretty the interview still has never happened

Derek

That should tell you how hard it is to get an interview with the band. :lol:

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Would've listened if he had talked about the new album, but from the looks of it it's all recycled topics.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I think it would be cool if every member on here changed their sig to something like "Hey Mike if you're reading this we want an interview!" or something.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

To be fair, it's not really a Linkin Park related podcast at all. He wasn't made a guest just because he's in the band. I made a point of listing the only LP related things he discussed because I know that's all some people care about unfortunately. I still recommend listening if anyone has the time to because it was a good listen.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I know I know. Wishful thinking :p

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Pretty interesting podcast, I listened to it at work, really awesome how they mentioned the music video for Macklemore - "Wings" fucking beautiful song and message.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Well, he's gotten off to a pretty good start having Mike and Jonah Ray as his first two guests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.