police taser kids

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Jila, Nov 13, 2004.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

and the poll said
    Should police ban the use of stun guns on children?
    Yes: 52%
    No: 48%

DISCUSS!!

i, for one, think thats pretty fucked up. expecially the 6 year old boy. he was threatening to injure himself and to stop that, the police decided to do it themselves. seriously, i dont see the logic in that action.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Hmm what would I rather have...a glass cut (depending on the size of the glass) or 50,000 volts running through me. That's kind of fucked up.

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

On kids!? That is so wrong... Jesus, what are these cops thinking?

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I see no reason for the 6 year old, but that IS a tough decision for the second one. A 12 year old girl running drunk into traffic...

It's a shame it's had to come to this. I didn't even know policemen carried tasers all the time.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

They did the right thing.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

i think it was dumb. a little 6yr old!? come on!
    for that girl, it still seems stupid. i dont know. she shoudlnt run out into traffic, but that thing about "his safety", while he is the poliece officer and she is a baby. that doesnt make much sense to me.
    i thin kit is wrong and children need to be treated more like childeren than they are.

Anthony.

If they didn't taser the kid, he'd have hurt himself (wich he already did) and others.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Agreed.

The little girl was drunk, and walking into traffic. If the cops would have done nothing, everyone would be complaining about how they did nothing about it. But since they did do something about it (albeit extreme), everyone is complaining. I doubt they could have done anything else. I don't know, you weren't there, and neither was I. Maybe that was their only choice?

As for the other kid with the glass threatening suicide, would you rather him slice his wrist, or stab someone else?

I think the Cops did the right thing, although it was abit extreme. But like I said, that could have been their only option. None of us were there.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

it said nothing about the 6 year old killing himself. and slitting his wrists? i know when i was 6 i wouldnt have known that slitting your wrists would cause you to die. shit, and theyre little kids, they act like theyre going to beat the police officers up or something. and for the 12 year old, if anything, they can easily just pick her up. i mean, how hard can it be to pick up a 12 year old girl, especially if shes drunk. shit, if youve been drunk, you should know youre not exactly the most agile thing in the world.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Maybe the Cop was out of shape? Like I said, you don't know the situation, you weren't there, but then again, neither was I.

And I'm sure a 6 year old can put together slicing glass on your skin = makes you bleed alot. If not, then I'm sure a 6 year old atleast knows how to stab someone.

Meh. It's pointless arguing about this.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

I'd agree with it if the situation was bad enough... I mean, the girl almost ran into traffic. How else can you stop that? And then the little kid could've done a multiple of stuff with that glass, there's no telling. Maybe if there was a way to stun them without using 50000 volts it'd be more accepted.

Anthony.

50 000 volts with a taser is not far from sticking a fork into a plug. It's a big number but the effect is not that great cause of the way the energy is distributed.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

The police is going pretty trigger wild with these taser guns. :S

I read the news article about the 6 year old with the glass, if anyone wants me to post it, sure...pretty interesting...

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

A six year old!!!

The police/army is pretty fucked up nowadays I agree but weren't they always?
    Everything used to be kept silent but now I think people are using "freedom of speach".

These stories aren't knew to me except 6 year old business, yes, very strange.

This is my opinion: They did the wrong thing

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

what the hell does freedom of speach has to do with 50000 tasers?

Its news, and newspapers can post whatever they like.

And I think they did the right thing.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

Well we wouldn't have heard this if the newspapers didn't write it.
    What I mean is that lots of stuff like this happens but this is one of the rare times they acctually write it.

How did they do the right thing?

x3r09

x3r09 Well-Known Member

i think they actually could have thought of another way...but then again i was there...

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

I think they did the right thing, given the choices. I mean, how much time could this cop have had to think about all the options available to him before the girl ran straight into traffic? Not much, at least.

As for the boy...well, the cop could have easily forced the glass out of the boy's hand. Its just seems wrong that he won't defend against the case of the girl, but he does for the boy. *shrugs*

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Police shouldn't use tazers on kids, but in the situation where the girl was running into traffic, I say the officer made a good choice. A shocked child is better than a splattered one ;)

iamrighthereandnow

iamrighthereandnow Well-Known Member

what is right and what is wrong?
    if the police guy would be out of shape as somebody suggested should he have been on duty? what for the hard physical tests to be a cop if they have cops out of shape on duty? i dont think that would be a case. before those guns were available how did they stop that situation from happenin'? why couldnt they use that approach? i would agree if she had a gun and was gonna shoot somebody else..... or if the boy was about to do somebody else with the glass. but otherwise why not use the approach they used in the past. if you see somebody getting into the way of traffic and you are propelled to do something, instead of just watch, wouldnt you just grabbed her? if you had martial art style training as i am sure those cops do, it would have been damn easy to restrain her fast, while one of them could stop traffic.
    i was about to slit my wrists when i was 7 with the intent to die,, i think that six year could have been also able to figure out that bleeding leads to death were he so desparate to exit this life. question is what was his mother doing? everybody blames the cops, nobody looks at the lack of parenting. i think his mother should be the last person in the world commenting on the police. she should be made by law to seek help for not watching over her son. i think the cops did the best they could, maybe not the right thing by judment of many and maybe they did the right thing by judment of others. i mean, you always have to look for better solutions to any problems, and they are human to make mistakes too, its if they are willing to amend them and make it better next time., they shouldnt be put 'they are such bad guys' position.