Possible Album/Song Titles Revealed During MSR Studio Listening Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Faker

Faker Well-Known Member

Just came back from listening to 5 new Linkin Park songs that are in progress! They are bringing the ROCK back to ACTIVE ROCK and it all sounds AMAZING! Paige Hamilton from Helmet and Daron Malakian appear on it, along with Rakim. People get ready! This album is gonna blow you AWAY! (posted by Roxy)
    From hardDrive facebook page

2. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Some of the ones you highlighted aren't quite that stupid.

Does make pretty heavy use of synth as far as Linkin Park shit goes, which people do associate with the 80's erroneously or otherwise.

For better or worse most people still associate Linkin Park with rap/scream/rap/scream.

3. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Wasn't there an LPTV that had these titles in the background? Were there others in there?

4. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

They aren't all stupid, but they are super misleading.

While people do associate synth with 80s, an 80s song is something more along the lines of what La Roux's album sounds like. Dancey stuff. All 80s electronica has synth, but not all synth is 80s electronica. Lost In The Echo is a totally late 2000s/2010s style pump-up electro anthem.

And calling Lies Greed Misery a "progressive" look back at where the band has been is silly. That description made it sound like it was going to be some complex, moody, deep, reflective track. And instead we got a 2:40 head-banger track that begs to be played before a football game or at the gym and that's it.

But you're right, not all of them are just flat-out wrong.

5. Vic

Vic No game no life

Promising song titles, if they're real then that's cool. Also this kinda confirmed "The Hunting Party" is the next album's name.

6. Elaine

Yeah, I remembered correctly. All of these names were on the Behind The Scenes of GATS.

Reposting for those who mised it:

Until It's Gone
    All For Nothing
    Keys To The Kingdom
    The Wastelands
    Line In The Sand
    Final Masquerade
    Warrior
    Mark The Graves

CONFIRMED TO HAVE AT LEAST 9 TRACKS :kappa:

7. Mateo

Mateo Name is Mateo. I tend to Over Think It.

What about Rebellion and Guilty All The Same, that would be 10. Unless song titles changed from the time the video was shot and the listening party.

edit: plus the article already stated that the album had 12 tracks. but 10 titles we know(kinda)

8. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm just waiting for ARTIST Direct to put out their reviews completely overhyping Linkin Park's album saying that it will prevent all future world wars or something. :kappa:

9. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Until It's Gone
    All For Nothing
    Keys To The Kingdom
    The Wastelands
    Line In The Sand
    Final Masquerade
    Warrior
    Mark The Graves

It's 10 if you count Rebellion. It has been said that LP6/The Hunting Party would have 12 songs. So, they reserved for an album intro (e.g. Wake, Foreword, Opening, The Requiem) and one interlude (Cure for the Itch, Session, Tinfoil), I guess.. but I think it's better to have the same caliber to A Thousand Suns with 15 tracks.

10. Dan-e-o

Dan-e-o Member

The only thing I'm wondering is there any scratching from Hahn on this album? I just get the feeling this is going to be another MTM for Hahn, in that respect. Also I hope there is plenty of rapping from Shinoda?

11. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

ArtistDirect is essentially an advertising site anyway. They called Korns Paradigm Shift their best ever, in fact I'm struggling to think of anything they weren't 100% completely in love with, let alone ambivalent on.

12. Elaine

We don't know if the album has 12 tracks yet or not, it's standard practice for LP so the most we have is conjecture. I'm not sure if I count this article as a reliable source as far as that goes. And yeah, I completely missed that Rebellion is a new track name.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  13. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

This might be the album I've been waiting for since Meteora. A hard hitting in your face album from LP. I thought Minutes to Midnight was going to be that album but it wasn't.

14. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I hate new album cycles. I hate this fanbase around this time. It brings out the dumb.

15. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Meteora. :lol:

16. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

I thought after Meteora LP would transition into a heavier act. They certainly surprised me with MTM, and ATS is my favorite album. But I always felt like they needed to make a straight up heavy album because it's the one thing they hadn't done yet, but more importantly they have the elements to make a great metal-ish album with their unique take on it. Now it looks like I'm going to get my wish.

17. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Insert random joke about Underground 8 here because and LPA thread isn't complete without that and the bash or praise of Meteora.

Anyway, I'm hoping to hear something like Asbestos

18. Cylock_Dnb

Cylock_Dnb Well-Known Member

So far we got:

Until It's Gone
    All For Nothing
    Keys To The Kingdom
    The Wastelands
    Guilty All The Same
    Line In The Sand
    Final Masquerade
    Warrior
    Mark The Graves
    Rebellion

Badaaeeewss. :p

19. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

I'm gonna make another useless prediction and say that Final Masquerade will NOT be the last song on the album

20. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Hey everyone, it's been a little while since I last posted. I've been following the latest news and all I can say is that this may become a new high point for LP. I really like the fact that the band is branching out with collaborations and adding unexpected twists to this album. As for the (possible) song titles, my interest has certainly peaked. Lastly, for those of you who are concerned about similar-sounding track titles, there is usually no indication that the songs will sound the same. For example, RED has two songs called Gave It All Away (from End of Silence) and Take It All Away (from Innocence and Instinct). While the titles are very similar, the songs sound nothing alike. In fact, I prefer Take It All Away over the other one because it's longer and has a more experimental sound to it, along with a non-traditional structure as well.

In short, don't judge a song by its name. It just might pleasantly surprise you.