Preview Clips Are Out!

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ravrule52

ravrule52 Member

i'm not listening to any new songs until the album comes out (with exception of "What I've Done", "Given Up", "No More Sorrow" (live), and other live bootlegs). when the fort minor album was about to come out i listened to it on mtv's the leak all the time before it came out. it basically ruined the whole surprise about getting the album for me.

2. K1LLSW1TCH

K1LLSW1TCH Active Member

To whoever said Limp Bizkit isn't around anymore: You're wrong. They're releasing a new CD sometime in the more recent future :]

I think I shouldn't have listened to the clips. It leaves too much up in the air, and it's made me worry about how good this CD will actually be. =[

3. SoniZero

SoniZero Member

So far after listening to the clips I'll rate my favorites.

1. No More Sorrow
    2. Leave Out All The Rest
    3. Given Up
    4. What I've Done
    5. Shadow of the Day
    6. Hands Held High
    7. Wake

I need to hear more of the rest of the songs to make a fair judgement. In Pieces and TLTUGA sound very promising. Leave Out All the Rest will be a huge single for them.

4. Casper15

Casper15 Member

Bleed it out and Leave out all the rest are already really, really great songs ! Really fantastic ! But I find that the ballad/pop songs - ( shadow of the day, valentine's day) resemble each other too much, they sound really the same to me ... but I like them . BTW, shadow of the day has Keane written all over it :p

5. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

OMGZ HAVNT U CN SOUTH PARK?!?11! THAT MAKS IT so0o0o0o0o0o NOT KOOL NE MOR! :lol:

And whoever said that Limp Bizkit isn't dead, take a closer look. LB without Borland is as good as dead, the only thing keeping the corpse warm is DJ Lethal.

And Fred Durst is rigor mortis kicking in. :lol:

6. FiGzZ

FiGzZ Banned

So after listening to all the clips, here's my faves:

1.) Bleed It Out (Catchy to me, Mike's rap is sensational, NEEDS to be the second single)
    2.) No More Sorrow (Cool Drums)
    3.) Given Up (Chester's big screaming, punkish sound)
    4.) Leave Out The Rest (Soft, maybe the third or fourth single)
    5.) Shadow Of The Day (OMG!! Sounds so different)
    6.) The Little Things Give You Away (The clip didn't prove how good it said, looking for forward though)
    7.)Wake (Best Instrumental)
    8.) Valentine's Day

7. pyropaul

pyropaul Well-Known Member

Hands Held High gave my goosebumps. Very excited for that song, interested but not excited from the rest of the clips though.

8. Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

I really like Bleed it out so far. At first I was a bit worried somewhat....like I don't know. It was probably because of the change being heard all at once...but after waiting like 15 minutes to re listen to the songs, I'm Really Really starting to like them A Lot. "Leave out all the rest" is Perfect in that 30 seconds, whether or not it gets even better or worse I don't know, but that 30 seconds of it is Perfect.

The only thing that I can think of that still may be kinda weird, is how they play all this live. I mean they have always been so energetic.

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  9. CureForTheSession

CureForTheSession Well-Known Member

Man, the rapping on Bleed It Out reminds me of Reading my Eyes, especially the part in RME where he's like "Cuz the words I spit'll do more than just rip your shirt, I'll bitch slap your soul" Man, I can't wait!

10. mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

sure, there'll be newcomers to LP. the one thing I'm thinking is that people will be afraid to publicly say: "hey guys, I listen to linkin park!" LP has always been stereotyped as that loud whiny band that people who get made fun of at school or something listen to.

http://blogs.tunetribe.com/VirtualContent/84984/linkin_park.jpg

11. kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

hands held high is the most anticipated for me. Least anticipated would be Valentine's Day. The clip doesn't sound that good to me. Also, is there some different part to Given Up, listen to the very end of the clip.

12. jagnum1fan

jagnum1fan Member

I must say that I think the new cd is going to be just alright, which I didn't expect to say because all of the songs that had leaked to this point i was feeling a lot. Some of the songs I believe will be tolerable and yes will take some getting used to but I think they might have overly done the style change of the music. I understand that they have to grow as artists but after such a long wait none of us want to be as disappointed as some will be. I just hope it takes a lot less time to release the next one, but I can't complain yet since this one isn't out yet.

13. sutherbust

sutherbust Member

I like what i'm hearing so far. Loved...no more sorrow, given up, leave out all the rest, shadow of the day! I like the direction alot...very classic cd i'm sure.

14. BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

I have to say, that picture made me laugh out loud when I saw it. I've never had trouble voicing my love for the band. If you really like something enough, there's no reason to be ashamed of how people think of you when you express it.

15. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Haha, I did the same thing...but I gave in, I listened...^_^

16. Enjoiske

Enjoiske Well-Known Member

I tried not to listen, oh i tried. But it did NOT work. 4 years of no entirely new linkin park will do that to you. But now that I've sampled every track on the album, i only feel better about the album. When i first read that there would be less Mike on the album, i grew skeptic, as you can only hear his impeccable raps on two of the tracks. A singing track is good consolation as well. But upon watching the live bootlegs, and seeing how his background vocals kick in, one starts to realize how having him on backup gives LP's sound so much more depth. Whereas in crawling, he came in and dropped a line "without a sense..." u guys know the rest, he helps to give the songs a feeling of emotion, rather than a pointless fragment of a song that chester could have sung. I loved Hybrid theory and meteora, i still do. In fact, im that guy who has everything lp's ever done out of sheer love for the band. And in their change, it's easy to tell that they know what they're doing. They've grown up, but they've done so gracefully. The lyrical content is much more specific, and i love it. Lp's always been vague as fuck, and that's their style, they pull it off well, and because of their broad lyrics their music appeals to everyone from metalheads to hip hoppers. Honestly, i think it still will. Everything about them from their instrumentality to their songwriting has improved, and loud songs aren't the only type of music they should be known for especially with Bennington's soulful singing voice. With the skill mike's gained over time as a writer it would have been nice to have heard him take center stage on at least one more song, but he's still there whether or not its his vocals or just his musicianship. Go Lp. NOW GIMME MORE! >_<

17. FiGzZ

FiGzZ Banned

Any of u guys wished the clips was never leaked out?

18. LP-4LIFE

LP-4LIFE New Member

I'm so sick of the word 'mature'. Look, good music is good music, personally if you want to 'whine' about high school, go whine about high school. I think what matters in a song the most( lyric wise) is emotion. You can write the most amazing lyrics ever, but if you don't mean them from you're heart, it doesn't matter.

19. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

Wow

Man i can't believe their songs sound like this. It's simply amazing how much time they put into this album and it turned out so beautifully. There's a lot of emotion into their lyrics and sounds, too. Great new sound Linkin Park!

20. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

unbelievable..just like someone said on the first page, goodbye Linkin Park 2001-2006..Welcome Linkin Park 2007! :D Im lovin these 30 second clips, cant wait..Mike is a good singer too, lol. This may be their year..we'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.