Preview Clips Are Out!

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pawan

Pawan Member

leave out all the rest is the best man m2m is gonna be the best album so far because everytime you listen to it you really do get something out of it no matter how many times you hear even the preview put in something out of it everytime you hear it

2. Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

In Pieces blows every song outta the water IMO from these clips. I can't wait to hear it in its entirety.

3. Nick595

Nick595 Well-Known Member

And the moment I show up, the songs have been removed :(

4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i heard 5 seconds of "leave out all the rest" and i was like, "there's no way this album's gonna be bad."

:D

5. Nick595

Yay, i've just heard it all.
    Hail Youtube! :D

6. Jhhead08

Jhhead08 Active Member

yep they took down the site.

7. Nick595

But I Think my favorites are: Leave out all the rest, bleed it out....lol they all rule!

8. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

there will be some rips kicking about bt now..

9. Nick595

But actually i feel a bit sad now, I already know how the songs will sound like, and it won't be a great suprise anymore. :(

Yeah i know, I ripped it from youtube.
    But In Pieces sounds very strange, the only song i'm not really impressed with.

10. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm liking what I'm hearing but this is NOT the Linkin Park who's music I fell in love with. I can't believe how much they changed their style. I went to the concert they had at Astoria last night and after hearing some of the Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Minutes To Midnight songs played live you can immeadiatly see a contrast of different styles.

11. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Is it just me or does In Between give out a very Indie vibe?

12. Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

HOLY....WOW!!!!

13. NoBrain2k

NoBrain2k Active Member

Phew, the clips are down. I am safe from accidental M2M spoilage. Very interesting to read everyone's opinion on here though; quite a division.

Only 10 days in the UK anyway. all i have to do is make sure i don't search for clips on youtube.

14. marijaLPnarkos

marijaLPnarkos Well-Known Member

I hope you're right, man (though I don't have much hope for what I've heard so far). Otherwise, I'm putting myself into incubation phase till they give us proper life circumstances...:cry:

15. Steelmaniak

Steelmaniak Member

Well people this is what lp made for us and for themselves, they like their album alot and alot of poeple will also, but some don't
    just wait and see and this album will be like an album of the year or something, because every song fits on the right place.

16. stringsibanez

stringsibanez ...

Okay, I've read ALL the posts about not being able to judge the album based upon 30 second clips, and will now give my opinion, having listened to 'Minutes to Midnight' in its ENTIRETY.

(Yes, I have heard the entire album..and have compared it to the clips to for certainty.)

All I have to say at this point is that I AM disappointed. I've loved LP's music for years, and I am all for a change in style (the first two were quite similar), and also love diversity in music...however..

The clips do accurately represent most of the songs in their fullness. None of the soft one's get any heavier...they all seem to lack the dynamic punch that the older material had where there were actually surprises in the songs.

I can honestly say that while the songs may stand alone as well written, they do not seem to stand apart from what everyday radio listening (for the most part).

Lastly, no..it isn't 'emo' it's just that it could play back to back with MCR or other similar bands and not sound 'special' or 'unique'.. (excluding the 3 tracks which resemble old LP: Given Up, No More Sorrow, and What I've Done). I have to say that I would agree that these songs were leaked first to help 'ease in' the others.

Shoot, I didn't want this to be long: overall feeling... sad .. I doubt I will buy this record. It just isn't 'exciting'. Well, not in the vein that the rest of the must I listen is exciting; where songs go from soft to loud, and in between rather than remaining more flat.
    ---------------------------------

Hope that was helpful.

Oh! Wait! One more thing: (This is the only spoiler type thing, I promise).

"Minutes To Midnight" has a full-length running time of about 43 minutes and 56 seconds.

17. Nick595

Is it just me, or does In Pieces sound very familiar?

18. fordmoo

fordmoo Active Member

Yeah to me it sounds like Announcement Service Public

19. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

NOOOOO!! anyone rip the songs? i need them..we just need to find a way to give them to me..i went on to listen again, and its gone..i was addicted because its just so good!

i'd appreciate it. :D

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  20. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

It sounds like Chester's part in Handsome Boys Modeling School's "Rock and Roll Could Never Hip Hop Like This".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.