Problem with burning DVD

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by CloserToCrawling, Oct 22, 2006.

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

I'm trying to burn video clips on a DVD burner for a project using RecordNow! DVD Burner. Once I've set up the background and the clips of the actual DVD and then press burn, the process starts. Everything works fine, except at the very end of the burn process when it says it's "writing files". At that point, the burn process suddenly cancels and an error message pops up that says, "Device Error -Sense Code(3 73 03) - Power Calibration Area Error-Sequential Write (DVDErr 226051)". What's going on? I hope somebody can find out what's wrong because I have to turn in the disc for a project by Tuesday. Thanks in advance for all help.

androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

just resart your computer a couple of times, it should work again, that happened to me once.

devilsnight2003

devilsnight2003 Dogs Don't kill People, Wabbits Do

can always try burning using another disk, might solve the problem.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Restarting more than once won't do anything.

Is, by chance, your computer a Dell?

androidkaita

No, but it sucks so badly, we got it from some place called PC Xperts. And every time I took it in to get a memory upgrade or whatever each time it got slower and slower. Adn then I bought some more RAM and now its the slowest its ever been.

And now my DVD burner dosnt recognize DVD's anymore.

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

Yes, my computer is a Dell. I've used RecordNow! to burn a DVD before and it worked perfectly. I don't know what's changed with my computer, and I'm using the same computer as before. I've tried using different DVD discs, and it still gives the same problem.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

"Yes, my computer is a Dell." I stopped reading there. I advise you immediately walk to the closest window with your Dell computer and drop it out the window. Best results if you're on a high floor.

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

I'm actually just looking for some tech help right now, since I'm in a serious rush to get this DVD burned. Getting a new computer in the next 12 hours isn't an option.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Don't know much exactly about the issue, but have yout ried any different programs? If so, what programs have you tried, so we can get an idea of what exactly is going on.

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

I only have one program, which is the one I mentioned above, RecordNow!. It's weird because I've used it before to burn basically the exact type of project, but now there's this bizarre error. I'm running out of time, so it's alright now. Thanks for everybody's help anyhow. :)

Edit: I've managed to beg my professor for an extension by disrupting him and emailing him incessantly, and he gave me an extra day. Can anyone still help? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
    Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I've had three Dells for about four years now. All three work just fine and I've never had any problems with them. Ever.

androidkaita

Well Like I said, I restarted my computer, like flipped the O/I switch in the back and everything and it worked fine after I did that.

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

Did your DVD Burner work for you after you restarted? I've been trying to burn this thing for 2 days now, and I've started and restarted my computer multiple times to no avail. What's the O/I switch?

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

O/I switch is the power switch on the back of your computer.

If you have the project saved as a .iso, you could perhaps use Alcohol 120% (pm me), and try that, but I'm having a hard time thinking of a cd burning program right now. Umm. *looks around* http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ I've used it before, works well.

If all else fails, compress it, email it to a friend and have them burn it for you.

androidkaita

Yes, my burner worked after I restarted, and you could always Try Nero, or burn a VCD if burning DVD's is the problem

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

After several hours of fixing, downloading, and more fixing, I've managed to burn the damn DVD. Thanks for all your help you guys! Huzzah!

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Awesome, what fixed it? :)

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

I didn't fix the actual burner, but I downloaded the different program, and it worked. I still don't know what's wrong with my original DVD burner program. Maybe I'll call Geek Squad soon to get help. :p

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

NOOO. DO NOT GO TO GEEK SQUAD UNLESS YOU WANT EVEN WORSE PROBLEMS.

/rant.

Have you tried reinstalling your original program?

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

Geek Squad is bad? What other tech help companies are there?

I can't find the original file where I can reinstall the program. That is, if I uninstall the program, then reinstall it, I wouldn't know how. The program came installed when I bought the computer, and I don't know how to get it back if I remove it by uninstalling. I know nothing about computers, clearly.