Proposed Bills Will Force Bush to Make A Timetable for Iraq

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Derek, Nov 15, 2005.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I just heard this on my news channel, and I found a slight mention of it on NBC. Seems that not only are the democrats pushing for it, but members of his own party are in it as well.

Personally I think it's about time. I know I voted for Bush myself, but I did so believing that troops would be out by January of that year. Well here we are going on this January and Bush hasn't even made a timetable of when our troops will be out.

I used to not mind the war that much, but its become personal to me now. My best friend of four years (a girl I honestly care about as more than a friend) has enlisted in the military and despite not getting active duty will leave this January. She's dropped the possibility of going to Iraq several times and it's began to make me see the utter foolishness of this war.

We have no purpose being over there so I hope these bills go through. Even if we were 'liberating people', we will never stop encountering insurgents over there. Sorry to say Iraq is a lost cause. Even without Saddamn the country has gone to shit.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Yeah, the "war" over there has just turned pointless. =\

Derek

It had meaning in the beginning (even people who trash Bush used to support him/the war) but now it's one year too long, and without a purpose.

Here's to hoping the bill goes through and my friend never goes to Iraq.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Agreed. I have several friends about to get shipped out and it's absolutely unbearable to see them go.

I say this is way too late, but better late than never, right?

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Not me. Against it from day one. Let's not generalize.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Ditto. I never supported it because since day one I knew the man was full of shit when he said Iraq had WMDs. I now laugh in the face of everyone, who 3 years ago, called me wrong and swore on their ancestors' graves that there were WMDs.

Derek

I just hope the government can force him to do something. Fuck Iraq, where the hell is Osama Bin Laden?

"I'll take Osama Bin Laden location for 500, Alex."

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

We're never going to "find" Osama, Derek. You know that.

Derek

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Osama was living in LA at a beach house. :lol:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

You're probably closer to the truth than you might think.

Todd

Hopefully he isn't in an LA beach house. California juries have problems convicting people :lol:

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

Lmao! Amazing quote :lol:

cece13

cece13 Well-Known Member

finally

I thought the warwas crap in the beginning. pre empted attacks are BS in my opinion.... we went there for the wwrong reasons. (during the debates before the last election bush kept mixing up "the war on terror" and "operation iraqi freedom" poor confused mr. president) I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE ACTUALLY VOTED FOR HIM!!!!!!!

anyways, at least by going there we did do something good for the world. I mean, we went in for the wrong reasons, but I think we did give iraq its freedom. freedom from crazies like sadaam.

I'm still very anti-war, but tis ok to look at the bright side of war sometimes.

Todd

Iraq isn't any better off today than they were 3 years ago under Saddam.

Derek

Exactly. We still have the ungrateful assholes who support him and dont want us being there.

All we did by taking Saddam out was open a can of worms. We might've been better off taking Kim Jong II out of North Korea.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

Am I the only one that thinks it's worse?

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

They just should've blown the fuck out of Huissen and let Iraqis kill themselves over the shift of leadership... It's basically what they are doing right now but moreover they kill foreign soldiers. I feel that no matter how hard they try, the Americans can not do anything with such suicidal fanatics (most of the Iraqis are not, but the crazy minority does a lot of damage).

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

I disagree.

While I believe the war was the wrong decision to make from the get go. Nevertheless, under our fearless leader, we've said that we're going to bring "democracy" to Iraq. We have not done that. Our job is not done. Bush, in his infinite ignorance, said that it woudl be done in two years, while everyone was telling him there wasn't a chance in hell. Sure enough, there wasn't. But to leave Iraq in the shambles its in now, arguable worse than it was, is not right. Unfortunately the soldiers suffer for it, and possibly others if the word of drafts is true. Nevertheless, it is not fair to the Iraqis.

We've gotten ourselves into a huge mess. The "greater" portion of America supported this heinous war, now its time to see it through.

TheVoodoo

TheVoodoo Well-Known Member

Ya, maybe we should realize that although Democracy worked in America, it can not work everywhere, especially in countries "loaded with WMDs".

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

This is my whole outlook on the situation.

I think the only good thing out of this war is that Saddam Hussein is out of power.

Some of you may think that Iraq is just worse off without Saddam, but I personally think that the country wouldn't have progressed with him. Saddam did many terrible things, and has killed many innocent people for religion and their political opinion. He was a horible dictator. If Bush hadn't removed him from power, who would have?

If we had left the country right after Saddam was caught, the insurgents would take power, putting the country in even worse condition. Yes, unfortunately, many U.S. soldiers die each and everyday. But you know what? Without them trying to stop insurgents, Iraqi citizens would probably die each and everyday because of the insurgent rule.

All I'm saying is, we need to reduce the insurgents to nothing. They're dangerous, and they have more than enough power to take over Iraq if the U.S. withdraws. We should begin removing soldiers, but the U.S. shouldn't completely withdraw until the insurgent situation is completely under control.

I can't say I'm in favor of the war, but what must be done needs to be done.

Plus, you can't expect our president to just begin a complete immediate withdrawal of soldiers, or to put much effort into improving the situation in Iraq. He has so much going on right now. Put yourself in his situation. Are you going to remove soldiers and leave the country of Iraq to the insurgents? I highly doubt it. Are you going to put all of your time to improve the situation? You'd try, but you fail. You know why? You're the fucking president. You're doing a shitload of things, and the war in Iraq can't be your only priority.

All I'm saying is, this war is not going to end so quickly. We've got the main thing out of the way, but we've got to clear Iraq of any major threats before leaving there.

You could at least keep some optimism about the situation. Saying it's a bunch of bullshit can't improve the situation. We need to support our troops. They're doing the best they can.