Question about Until It Breaks

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by AaronJxD, Feb 23, 2013.

AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

On Mike's third verse on Until It Breaks, what does the line "I'm just a Banksy you're a brainwash, you get the picture it's like that" mean? I googled the word Banksy and found out it's a graffiti artist, but many people consider him a sellout, so is Mike saying the people who consider LP sellouts are just brainwashed people who jump on the bandwagon? What's your interpretation of it?

DyingThing

DyingThing Banned

Sounds like a load of nonsense to me.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Banksy is a graffiti artist that does his own original work, whereas Mr. Brainwash, whom he's referencing in that line, bases his graffiti art by copying other styles.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Banksy is indeed a British graffiti artist. Thierry Guetta was a film maker. He was facinated by street art and decided to make a documentary of it. Along the process, he became aquainted with Banksy. He filmed him for a long time. Thierry was about to make his film, however, he was terrible at it. Banksy then suggests to Thierry that he becomes a street artist since he has had so much exposure to street artists. Thierry then reinvents himself as Mr. Brainwash. Mr. Brainwash was aware of the prices that Banksy and other well renowned artists' works were going for in art shows and galleries. Mr. Brainwash sees a great buisness venture and employs a company to make Mr. Brainwash renderings. The only problem is that he does not do all of his works of art, but rather his "company" makes them for him. Banksy obviously regrets his suggestion. Mr. Brainwash pretty much perverted the art industry. If you're interested in learning more, watch Exit Through The Gift Shop. It's pretty much the story that I told you.

AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

You're welcome. :chuck:

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

The line basically means "I'm authentic, you're a copy." In reference to...someone. Anyone.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Go see Exit Through the Gift Shop to really understand.