Quick question: Why the hate on Until It Breaks?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by hasbino, Feb 18, 2017.

hasbino

hasbino Member

It's the type of song that I would love for them to make more of. The lyrics are probably the best in LT, barring Castle of Glass maybe. I'm surprised a lot of people here don't really like it so I'll ask you guys why.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Sounds like 3 not-very-good songs they slammed together into one 'meh' song.

And the lyrics are gibberish, c'mon guy.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I don't know if you asked this because you noticed a lot of negative opinions on the song, but I will say that "Breaks" is one of my all-time favourites from the band and has been since I first heard it. :) New album pending

There are a lot of people here that dig it and there are some that don't. Probably no different to any other song. @Blake mentioned earlier that he hates it, so he'll probably weigh in on this for you

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Until It Breaks is fantastic once Chester comes in. Between Chester's bridge, the multi-syllabic rapping in the last verse from Mike and Brad's singing, the song is quite entertaining. I don't know if it's my Top 10 favorite LP songs but it's one of the highlights on LT for me.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Until it Breaks is the shit, Mike's flow is sick. my favorite song on LT for sure.

Deliveranze likes this.
    BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Track's pretty good, but hearing Three Band Terror makes me long for what could have been haha.

Iopia likes this.
    lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

This is my biggest issue with the song. Individually, everything about the song is great. I love Chester and Brad's singing and Mike's rap is on point and has the second best flow on the album. But the problem is that none of the parts individually ever get their moments to shine because the song is made up of all 3. It really does sound like 3 good demos mashed together. I would have loved them to write 3 more songs with the focus on these parts. However, I still enjoy listening to it and I absolutely love the UIB intro on top of WFTE. What they have done with WFTE at live concerts is basically a touch of heaven.

Iopia likes this.
    Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

It doesn't separate the weak from the obsolete enough

BTorio likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The instrumental version on its own is so sick as well, the song doesn't even need vocals to hold my interest most times

Sasuke likes this.
    Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I actually thought Until It Breaks was highly regarded on this forum. It's definitely a highlight on Living Things, but every time I listen to it, I can't help but wish those demos became fully fleshed out songs rather than jumbled into one.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Never noticed an overwhelmingly negative opinion of the song on here. Might be a different story outside of LPA though :lol: