Quotes

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by TheRockChick, Sep 18, 2008.

TheRockChick

TheRockChick Pffft... LPA Super Member

Lets see what you've got :)

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

"We all take risks in our lives , some are easier or safer than others, regardless, it's those moments where its time to put your money were your mouth is, and there's no way down but to jump, where you can feel all the joy of the world throughout your body(replacing any fear) and spilling out of you like a volcano- and you realize why your alive - in mid air."

-Anthony Green

I always liked that one.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." — Frank Sinatra

"There can't be good living where there is not good drinking." — Benjamin Franklin

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk; that will teach you to keep your mouth shut." — Earnest Hemingway

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

"A legacy is not about what you did while you were there, it's about what happens after you're gone." - Darrell Waltrip

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

"They call it balance I call it hypocritical bullshit" - John Constatine, Constatine (the movie)
    "Love is a greater mystery then the universe" - Oscar Wilde, Playwright

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

"How nice--to feel nothing, and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts." - Orson Welles

"People have to follow their hearts, and if their hearts lead them to Wal-Mart, so be it." - Maynard James Keenan

"People are always talking about freedom. Freedom to live a certain way, without being kicked around. Course the more you live a certain way, the less it feel like freedom. Me, I can change during the course of a day. I wake and I'm one person, when I go to sleep I know for certain I'm somebody else. I don't know who I am most of the time." - Richard Gere (as "Billy the Kid" from "I'm Not There")

"No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky" - Bob Dylan

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is." - Bob Dylan

And here's just an awesome excerpt from the "Watchmen" graphic novel:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
    vasiab

vasiab Banned

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"....the Matrix!

[more quotes to come!:-D]

TheRockChick

Very interesting, you guys =]

"Look, I don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you're not alive" - Mel Brooks

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

"Everything happens for a reason"

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

"My one regret in life is that I am not someone else." - Woody Allen

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

When we don't know who to hate, we hate ourselves.
    - Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

From House:

Dr. House: No you're afraid to change. You rather imagine you can escape, instead of actually try. 'Cause if you fail, then you've got nothing. So you'll give up the chance of something real, so that you can hold on to hope. Thing is, hope is for sissies.
    Evan Greer: When I get out of here I'm not gonna be afraid anymore. I mean, how many guys get a second chance?
    Dr. House: Too many. Half the people I save don't deserve a second chance.

From Heroes:

Mohinder: Man is a narcissistic species by nature. We have colonized the four corners of our tiny planet. But we are not the pinnacle of so-called evolution. That honor belongs to the lowly cockroach. Capable of living for months without food. Remaining alive headless for weeks at a time. Resistant to radiation. If God has indeed created Himself in His own image, then I submit to you that God is a cockroach.

I have more but I can't think of them at the moment.

TheRockChick

It's not the devil man, it's the government. Yeah, the government puts backward messages in our music because they know rock & roll makes us horney! - Steven Hyde / That 70's Show

I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes! Donnez moi pancakes! Click click bloody click pancakes! - Stewie Griffin / Family Guy

Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

"Even more, I had never meant to love him. One thing I truly knew - knew it in the pit of my stomach, in the center of my bones, knew it from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet, knew it deep in my empty chest - was how love gave someone the power to break you.
    I'd been broken beyond repair."
    -- Bella Swan, New Moon

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Christopher McCandless:

"Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth."
    — expanded on the original quote by Henry David Thoreau.

"...the sea's only gifts are harsh blows and, occasionally, the chance to feel strong. Now, I don't know much about the sea, but I do know that that's the way it is here. And I also know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong but to feel strong, to measure yourself at least once, to find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions, facing blind, deaf stone alone, with nothing to help you but your own hands and your own head..."
    — Bear Meat by Primo Levi referenced in Into The Wild by Christopher McCandless

The Catcher in the Rye

"Almost every time somebody gives me a present, it ends up making me sad." - Holden Caulfield

I could just quote the whole book, actually.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
    Penny

Penny LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Mark Twain:
    Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

"There's no shame in being sad" - No Shame, Killing Heidi
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins
    Homer Simpson, listening patiently" Homerpolooza, The Simpsons

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

"If making art doesn't make you want to kill yourself. You're doing something wrong - Anthony Green

I forgot all about when he said that in an interview. What the topic was and everything, really gets to me.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
    Nelson Mandela

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."
    Nelson Mandela

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!"
    Auron, Final Fantasy X

Nelson Mandela is a legend, honesty one of the greatest people to ever live.
    And Final Fantasy is always full of awesome big lines :lol:

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

"Certain things they should stay the way they are. You ought to be able to stick them in one of those big glass cases and just leave them alone. I know that's impossible, but it's too bad anyway."

"The trouble with girls is, if they like a boy, no matter how big a bastard he is, they'll say he has an inferiority complex, and if they don't like him, no matter how nice a guy he is, or how big an inferiority complex he has, they'll say he's conceited."

- The Cather in the Rye I loved this book btw.

"And so"...." We have made war with our brethren, so lost in ignorance."

-( I think ) Galaxy in Flames or fulgrim

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
    lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining. - JFK

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - JFK