Qwerty vs Qwerty

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lpjordy, Dec 5, 2006.

lpjordy

lpjordy Well-Known Member

Which one do you guys prefer? I was very disappointed when I heard the studio version. They cut vocals and added unecessary instrumental.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Studio > Live

The studio version has a faster chorus which I really like. And I also like Chester's vocals.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

You know I actualy think that the demo was recorded before they played it. It just sounds so incomplete and inferior to the live version which makes me think they recorded a demo in Japan but added stuff on to it afterwards in rehersal before they played it live.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

There are aspects of each which I like over one another, and here they are;

Qwerty (Demo)

* Extended intro.
    * Bass line in the quiet part of the bridge.
    * Main riff on the bridge, not as fast as the live version.
    * Chester carries on the final note longer when screaming "Lies".

Qwerty (Live)

* Mikes rapping has more impact.
    * The second verse doesn't build up, it just goes straight into Mikes parts without having each instruemnt come in after "fall from my place", which gives the song that edgier direct verse IMO.
    * The bridge is longer.
    * The first verse doesn't end after Mikes initial rap, Chester comes in on this version with "Broken down, a victim of your..." and then Mike repeats a similar line from the end of the first verse, which was one of my favorite parts of the song actually.
    * The chorus is structured a whole lot better, the fast, punk-ish? riff given to the demo version doesn't suit the song as well as the live version.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I'd have to agree with what Joe has said.

I definitely prefer the Live version over the Studio demo, but there are some things I do enjoy about the Studio version. But after all, it is just a demo. You never know what could happen to it.

m1tch103

m1tch103 Well-Known Member

i like the studio version better actually except for it seems like brad plays the verse slower(even if it is smoother i like that fast verse of the live version) but 2 things i LOVE about the studio version are the chorus, and bridge (heavy part)<- the difference in the drums is awsome. in the chorus i love how the slightly altered guitar part sounds with chester's singing

lpjordy

lpjordy Well-Known Member

This is why I like the live version better :)

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

The rapping is much rawer live, plus the slow paced chorus is more appropriate. Live ftw.

Jeez, hadn't listened to a Linkin Park song for months =\

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

live version..

XVZ

XVZ Banned

I think i have to chose for the live version, cause:
    -The bridge is longer
    -Chester screams better
    -The first verse doesn't end after Mikes initial rap, Chester comes in on this version with "Broken down, a victim of your..." and then Mike repeats a similar line from the end of the first verse, which was one of my favorite parts of the song actually.
    -The second verse doesn't build up, it just goes straight into Mikes parts without having each instruemnt come in after "fall from my place", which gives the song that edgier direct verse IMO.

P.D.

P.D. Well-Known Member

both for me ;)

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I haven't heard the studio version yet so I have to say the live version. To me it showed Brad's true talent at a guitar player. It sent chills down my spine! :bounce:

Beca

Beca Plug in baby.

Deffinatly live for me, sounds better in my opinion.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Live for me. I think Chester sounds more powerful.

[LP]Ori*[LP]

[LP]Ori*[LP] Guest

I already heard the Demo & I like live better!

*Qwerty-Demo*
    -I'm just glad is a demo and not the real thing. I agree with the one that said that this song was first than Qwerty live and that LP fixed it to play it in Summer Sonic '06.
    -Brad's solo part is so low.. he's playing bass line within it
    -For me this song has like an 80's style going on (It makes me think about the third album.. is it gonna sound like that???) I personally don't like it, it has like this "dance-along" beat going on... ewwww..
    -Mike sounds so "without any energy" in his rapping parts..
    -Alright, and what about Chester??... dude, his screamings are awesome in the middle on the song, when he's singing: "You're faken, you're mistaken...blah blah blah...", but what that heck is going on in the bridges and in the chorus?? eww.. he's trying to sing from the bridge to the chorus high and screaming within.. it doesn't sound good.. and he's singing high in the chorus and then tries to go low for the screaming parts but it just doesn't sound good from him.. I don't know.. I don't like it..
    -Rob plays two different beats in the songs, and that's why this song has this "Dance-along" beat, because of him... just listen to the song and you'll see..

*Qwerty-Live*
    -It has like this happy/rock-iss style going on.. like if they were saying "Let's ROCK guys \m/ !!! LoL :-D
    -Chester's parts are soooo good, he's getting better everyday! I mean, he's parts in demo are awesome but this live version, that the guys are all rocking the song out, it just makes Chester sound even better, so powerful!! so with live!! it's like he's saying "Dude you know what?..I exist, so just HEAR ME!!!" hahaha..
    - I like the way Brad's guitars makes this "accidental" sound when Chester's singing in the chorus "..wrapped up inside your lies.."
    -Mike raps are so good and with joy.. it's like he's doing what he wants to do, he is not force to do it like he sounds in Qwerty-demo.
    -Brad, Rob, Phoenix and Joe sound awesome together in this song.
    -The only thing I don't like is that you can barely hear Phoenix's parts.. but this is due because he is sharing Brad's parts with Brad..:)

> Def. Qwerty live is better!! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2006
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

the live version is more emotive to me. i like how mike sounds on the demo recording, though. chester's vocals aren't so ... [monotone] in the live version; on the recording, "lies" gets a bit repetitive and chester's voice isn't so impactive. in the live version, the vocal parts pack a lot more ... punch.

also, obviously, on the live version, the drums are clearer and the guitars are louder.

the bridge is better with a faster beat (with that screaming part to it) and the chorus is better with a slower beat. the part after chester's screaming part in the bridge where it goes "all quiet" - i don't know how else to put it - is almost exactly the same to how it sounds live and i love it. i'd say it sounds better live, still.

on the other hand, the studio recording does have a longer intro and chester screaming "lies" at the end is quite impressive.

as for not knowing what might become of "QWERTY", it's unlikely they'll ever refine the song.

Prothero

Prothero New Member

I'm definitely in the Live camp. It's just like a few years ago when Linkin Park performed a few songs off of Meteora and did Faint live. Mike's rapping live is powerful and forceful--he commands the stage. I'd say LP would be much better picking a remastered Qwerty live to put on the new album than to do a studio version.

Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

The live version wins hands down for me ^_^

brunoacosta

brunoacosta New Member

I think the perfect song would convine some elements of both(In My opinion):
    *The intro of the studio version until brads starts to play the same note c# over and over again, 8 times was good, but those 16 times(not sure) are just too much.
    *The guitar notes on the chorus on the studio version in the part where chester says "Inside that cold disguise" should remain, is way more energetic
    *Chester should sing the same way that in the studio version where he says inside thar cold disguise. Live its sound awfull, but in studio its really good.
    *Rob plays a slower drum pattern on the chorus of the live version and the "you're faking..." faster, this gives this part much more energy, so it should be that way. In the studio he plays this alternete, the chorus fast and the "you're faking..." slower. This gives the song a much more punk sound, that doesn't fit, at least for me.
    *I agree with XBZ: The first verse doesn't end after Mikes initial rap, Chester comes in with "Broken down, a victim of your..." and then Mike repeats a similar line from the end of the first verse. this makes the song better, and longer.
    *The end shoud be extended like in the studio V. So chesters screams longer "Lies"

Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
    laurens

laurens Well-Known Member

I like Live the most, The chorus is much nicer and the rapping part sounds better IMO