Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lpjordy, Dec 5, 2006.
I like them both the same for different reasons
I think Qwerty demo is a tad better
The demo is brilliant showing the new direction their going & I really love the rawness of it.
But the live version definatly has that 'power' the demo hasn't.
If only Phoniex did a bass solo on the slow part of the bridge - though I could have sworn he did on the 3 other shows in Japan (check out the bootleg recordings) Typical they didnt record one of those for V6 instead
Live was so much better. Studio was too raw.
The live version definitely is far more powerful than the demo one.However I prefer the demo version. In the live one Chester sounds completely off.He's great in the screaming parts,much better than in the recorded one,but in the singing parts he's just awful,IMO.
Live, because Chester sounds like he's two different people. I had my friend listen and he didn't believe me that it was just Chester.
Been thinking on how they can improve on the demo, or probably what it would sound like if it was included on MtM after all:
The intro is fine, personaly I preffer the extra hits on the guitar before the verse riff, makes it more stronger & climatic. & Chester screams "YOUR LIES" was perfect!!!
1) I know they couldn't really do much about it, but the verse riff didn't sound as awesome as it did Live. Probably was just the echo of the stadium.
2) Mikes rapping was great, but he didn't sing it as passionatly as he did live.
Also, compare it to 'Place 4MH' & 'Part of me' where he really showed how he can rap.
3) Joe's scratching was great, but I think it was a little too much, it sounded more effective live especialy when mike raps, then pauses while hahn does that great sound effect: 'Drop what I made, of what you might say, sooo..." *booooom*
The amount he did live was great. Although Phoenix added bass to it which really improved its effect.
4)The little extended pre-chorus they did live should have deffinatly been included. like mentioned before on this tread: After mikes rap, Chaz does the pre chours, then mike sings a similar line, then the pre chorus again.
5)The chorus needed the most work. Rob should have kept it in the verse beat like he played live, but with symbols & Hi-hat.
6) Brads guitar - great & punky as it was on the demo - should have been more like the live version to fit better with the rest of the song. It had more of a theme like Figure 09. & One Step Closer
7) Overall chester was in top notch with the vocals on the song except in the choruses where he screamed:
...WRAPPED UP INSIDE YOUR LIES
Those were the only lines he had trouble with, they just sounded weak next to the rest of his singing/screaming.
8) Also mentioned before, the second verse would have had more impact if it was left like it was live. the instruments coming in after each other were great, but not while mike was rapping. it made the verse seem short.
The Bridge was perfect though I loved how they varied it from the intro with a much slower beat & guitar. & chesters screaming is even better than live.
Well thats it i think! & if LP record QWERTY again along this template they'd have made the ultimate version in my book!
QWERTY live ffs. The studio version really suck . To bad this topic doesn't have a poll
Agrees.. qwerty live is much better imo.
Separate names with a comma.