Racism

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Shinoda_baby, Jun 3, 2005.

mia_lp

mia_lp Well-Known Member

but if one was to strongly disagree, then one would not accept the deeds of that person.

and by the way i am not trying to say anything. because saying anything that states my own opinion will get replies like..'you can't change the world' and 'accept other people as they are' and the like..

but i'll say this. soon enough suicide will be viewed as a good thing to do. in other words our society's morals are slowly going downhill now and will plunge to their fall very soon. you'd have to be silly not to see that. 50 years ago.. gay and lesbians were looked down on. abortion was illegal, euthenasia blah blah and the list goes on. now it;s accepted. to the benefit of its people they say. i don't know about that... i'm guessing most of you guys here would think that weshould just accept what's coming our way. but you gotta think twice about these things.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

but if one was to strongly disagree, then one would not accept the deeds of that person.

and by the way i am not trying to say anything. because saying anything that states my own opinion will get replies like..'you can't change the world' and 'accept other people as they are' and the like..

but i'll say this. soon enough suicide will be viewed as a good thing to do. in other words our society's morals are slowly going downhill now and will plunge to their fall very soon. you'd have to be silly not to see that. 50 years ago.. gay and lesbians were looked down on. abortion was illegal, euthenasia blah blah and the list goes on. now it;s accepted. to the benefit of its people they say. i don't know about that... i'm guessing most of you guys here would think that weshould just accept what's coming our way. but you gotta think twice about these things. [/b][/quote]
    I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say.

Melonman64

Melonman64 Well-Known Member

I believe Whimsicality means that we're in a downward spiral toward te bottom. And we will keep going down. Unless we think about what we are doing. Or something like that.

Whimsicality

You mean what Mia means? :)

I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

If my post comes off as racist then that's your opinion, but I don't consider myself racist, I'll explain myself.

I grow up in Atlantic City and my experience is that the majority of mexicans and black kids are what make that city so dangerous and trashy today. It makes me mad when people say ''Yea just because they have a different skin color they automatically get the blame,'' BULL SHIT. Look at rappers and kids who dress and act ghetto. Your whole ''culture'' is about guns and comitting crimes, so of course they're gonna pick you in a lineup. It's not because you're black, it just so happens that the majority of the people in this violent fad happen to be black. I don't have a problem with black people or any other race however, But if I come across as that, o well.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Alright first of all, let me say that as far as I know, I'm not racist, and I agree a lot with what I Don't Need No Accuser. Now let me say my peace.

I'm sick of people saying racism is wrong. No, I don't believe it's right for people to hate others for their ethnicity, background, or religion. But it's no ones right to say racism is wrong, because many people are raised like that, especially older people. You saying racism is wrong is like me saying your religion is dumb. I don't have the right to say that, I don't know what your religion is, and I don't know what your religion is like. I wasn't raised being religious so I can't say it's wrong for you to be religious because I don't know what it's like. So stop being ignorant, stupid and oddly hypocritical, saying you hate every single racist out there, makes you no different obviously, fucking racist.

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

An opinion isn't the same as a race you know.

I'm not a racist at all, respect everyone from every race. But I do not like the attitude of some races. Attitude isn't colour, it's character. I said on this board I didn't like Turkish people where I live. It is not because they are Turkish but it is because of how they act. Don't ever confuse that. And I think being a racist is wrong. Raised with it or not, it's still not something that can be talked right. You're a racist if you dislike or hate people because of how they look, the colour, background, birthplace. Things that don't really matter. If you dislike or hate people for a real reason, something that does matter, then you are not a racist, but you have an opinion. Ofcourse I don't dislike all Turkish people, how can I? It's just a small group I don't like. If someone say 'I hate dutch people because they are white.' I will stand up to that, but if someone says 'I hate a group of dutch people because they have alot of attitude' I'll leave it with that because it's none of my business then.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

I completely agree with Leones. That was very nicely put.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Everyone has opinions, that's fine. That's what racism is. Opinion. My point was it's not fair for someone to say that they hate racists, because what's the difference between the person that hates racists and the racist?

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Everyone has opinions, that's fine. That's what racism is. Opinion. My point was it's not fair for someone to say that they hate racists, because what's the difference between the person that hates racists and the racist? [/b][/quote]
    One hates the race, the other hates the race hater.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Assuming all the world's racism can be accredited to one race.

*cough*caucasoid*cough*

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

One hates the race, the other hates the race hater. [/b][/quote]
    ^_^

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

^_^ [/b][/quote]
    So do we hate the racist haters who hate the racist?

We all hate one another in the end don't we?

Fuck, I knew the world was going nowhere.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

:wth:

:wth: x2

Melonman64

whatever, my brain hurts

oops wrong quote... well, this is what happens when you come home from a 10 hour field trip

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

Just because racism is UNDERSTANDABLE doesn't make it RIGHT. Sure, people who grew up around racism is going to be racist, and we can understand where they are coming from. But that doesn't mean racism isn't wrong.

With that said, we're all racist. Maybe not intentionally or hatefully, but at the very least subconsciously. We're human, and thats just the way it is.

Whimsicality

I agree with that.

Melonman64

Which is why we should all be put on exactly the same level. As long as superiority in society exists, so will racism. And in this world, there are a lot of different levels in society, ranging from poor and homeless to rich and famous.

I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

If we were all put on the ''same level,'' that would mean there would be no competition. Competition is what makes America.

Weezy

Weezy Well-Known Member

It is impossible to put everyone "on the same level". It's natural for one to want to get higher than everyone else.

And this is why communism would never work. Except in theory.