Racism

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Justin V., May 5, 2004.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I don't know if this has been brought up before but I want to know how have you people on LPA encountered racism personally? Like what has been said to you or about you that was racist?

Example:
    My best friend ever was talking to me yesterday on the phone. We were just BS'n. He's white and very non-racist. He told me that when he first started working at the movie theater people called him a wigger behind his back because of how he dressed. I told him he's definitely not a wigger and dressing in an urban style does not mean you're trying to be black or something. Then he called me an Uncle Tom. Yes and Uncle Tom. For those of you who don't know what that is...
    Uncle Tom
    n. Offensive
    A Black person who is regarded as being humiliatingly subservient or deferential to white people.
    n 1: contemptuous name for a Black man who is abjectly servile and deferential to Whites

:angry: Yeah now I want to completely kick his a**. He called me that because I dress "white". Whatever the hell that means.

So anyone else have any stories?

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I can't say I have yet to encounter racisim personally...I live in a mostly black area, but everyone I've met is very tolerent of race.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

That's quite funny really because I came into a recent encounter with somthing of the sort. You see.. I'm Jewish. But there was this black kid who sat next to me in my science class. He was reading out loud instead of in his head and it was throwing off my concetration so I politely asked "Excuse me but could you please read that in your head? I can't concentrate." I'm never considered much of a mean person at school so I was trying to be as polite as I could. But he still went on reading aloud. I politley asked again and he refused. Then one of his friends asked him to stop and he listened to him. He then turned to me and he was like "I don't listen to white people." a shocked look came over my face and I was like "Excuse me? What the hell did I ever do to you?" I couldn't believe his stupidity.. and then he turns to me again and says "I don't like Jewish People. Hitler should of killed you all, esspecially you, I don't like you." I dropped my mouth open and I was like "Then that's ####### racist you #######. If you feel that way, then how would you like to still have been a slave? Huh?" I was pissed haha. But of course, now I have detention. He got suspended for a day for racial comments and I got detention for the 'slavery' thing. I guess I was wrong in a way but I wasn't saying he should've still been in slavery. I was asking him how he would feel if he was still a slave.. I still think I wasn't really that wrong but when i'm mad, i'm mad lmao. I was only acting out on pure defense that's all.

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

* pounds fist into palm *

God, I wanna kick his ass for that one. What an insensitive prick.

Michele890

Michele890 Well-Known Member

Wow. No you weren't wrong to say that WTH. I mean I don't really blaim schools who are trying to ban all that ####, but wtf....... I cant beleive you stood up for your self, way to go!! haha But wow dude...... I don't think I would have even said that cause IDK I would have felt bad... IDK I couldn't think of anything.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Wow. No you weren't wrong to say that WTH. I mean I don't really blaim schools who are trying to ban all that ####, but wtf....... I cant beleive you stood up for your self, way to go!! haha But wow dude...... I don't think I would have even said that cause IDK I would have felt bad... IDK I couldn't think of anything.[/b][/quote]
    I know. I feel proud! For once, Anya speaks out.

She speaks out and she gets detention.. :wth:

Ah well it was worth it. He sucks anyway. :lol:

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

Ah well it was worth it. He sucks anyway. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    go you :lol:

if that were me i think i wouldve smacked him in the head and called him an ass

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Ah well it was worth it. He sucks anyway. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Good for you! I dont give a f*ck if it resulted in detention (although you probably do and Im sorry), what you said was the perfect thing to do in return because I'm sick and tired of people thinking they can be racist and then not expect to get the same treatment back in return. Racism shouldn't exist at all and I in no way support it, but if you are going to say something racist to my face you better expect to get the same exact thing thrown back at you.

My theory on everything is..."Treat others the way you would like to be treated." Maybe that racist jerk needs to look up that meaning and think about what he said.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

if anything, you'd think that a black person can sympathize with the a Jewish person because they're probably the 2 groups of people in the world to took the most shit from anyone else. And I guess that kid forgot that Hitler hated and wanted to kill anyone who wasn't white and blacks were just as big of a target as the Jews during the holocaust.

Fortunatley, I've never really seen any racism at school. More than half of my school is Jewish (I'm athiest, family's Jewish, so I'm still sorta Jewish) so no one ever says anything except the stereotypical Jew remarks that we all say to each other jokingly.

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

Surprisingly, as a "white" kid (I'm actually mixed, but mostly white) I have experienced racism. Coming from an area that is primarily hispanic and indian, there were always kids that would make fun of me because I'm white. It wasn't anything that would scar me for life, but it was kind of upsetting. I think racism is horrible, and I really wish that people would just get over their differences (racial and otherwise) and move on with their lives. GET OVER IT, WE'RE DIFFERENT... who gives a sh*t.

Trish

Trish Y2K LPA VIP

There's basically one thing I have to say right now

Rascism:Why?

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Racism is the worst part of nazism. Pure brutalism. I hate racists, and i wish i could kill evry one of them, provided they have killed someone just for being different. AS you understand, i have personal experiences, living in a country that has a movement of racism against Albanian immigrants.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thank you. I wanna paint that on a sign and post it on the KKK headquarters' lawn.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

Thank you. I wanna paint that on a sign and post it on the KKK headquarters' lawn. [/b][/quote]
    theyd probably torture you for it... :lol:

yeah i have expierienced a lot of racisim because i go to an international school. last time a muslim started beating up my friend... the muslim was saying "i live for allah, i die for allah" :shifty:
    racisim is stupid. were all equal.

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

The KKK, another group that makes my blood boil. Not only are they some of the most racist scumbags alive, but they seem to have quite a following too. Case in point: there's a restaurant in Texas (can't remember the town) called the Kountry Kitcken Kafe. Think about who owns and operates these places.

TheSunIsShining

TheSunIsShining Well-Known Member

found this on another forum:

Dear white, something you got to know

When I was born, I was black.

When I grow up, I am black.

When I’m under the sun, I’m black.

When I’m cold, I’m black.

When I’m afraid, I’m black.

When I’m sick, I’m black.

When I die, I’m still black.

you---white people,

When you were born, you were pink.

When you grow up, you become white.

You’re red under the sun.

You’re blue when you’re cold.

You are yellow when you’re afraid.

You’re green when you’re sick.

You’re gray when you die.

And you, call me "color"?

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

:lol: i bought a similar tshirt for my black friend rita. but it was a bit diffetent... it had a lot of swear words on it, since rita likes to swear a lot.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Thanks Derek and Pyro. Yeah it's okay Derek, I don't care about the whole detention thing.. Good theory though I agree. I try to do the same exact thing sometimes. If I try that is. I'm not really the type of person that every really sticks up for myself (even though I know I should) but this time, for once, I did so that's good. :)

J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

i have expierend it as well....
    one saturday i went out with my friends and we wanted to enter a famous disco,...and the bodyguard checked my identity card,...(he only asked people who looked like turkish or marrocans because they have caused problems in the past) well i am nor of them,...i dressed up very nice like a gentleman,....and the bodyguard told me to come back next week,...i asked "why? its my first time coming here" he said "because we dont know you,...come back next week on thursday"
    :s my friends were all in,....and they asked the body guards couple of times to let me,....and he was refusing me all the time untill police car drove near,.....

my hole night was reuined by that time,....

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

I live in an across the river suburb of St. Louis, and there are some highly, highly racist people here. Some kids in my classes speak racism publicly, and there's a teacher that (we think) is a racist.