Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Just stop.

Like now. Not called for at all.

Discuss Linkin Park.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  2. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Hahaha i was just digging some old stuff around here and found that funny.

3. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I hate everyone and everything :jesse: :turrible:

Captain-EO likes this.
  4. Hisham14789

Hisham14789 New Member

5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

6. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I hope LP do something with Vince Staples for this album.

7. Modern Guitar God

It won't be LT Pt. 2 :lol:

Saw some folks worrying in the shout box. Pretty sure it's going to lean more towards ballads but it doesn't mean LT songs. The band has never made the same thing twice, save for HT and Meteora. Even those two albums aren't the same though, they only are at face value.

Captain-EO and Deliveranze like this.
  8. Deliveranze

Actually you make a good point. Meteora, the second half especially, is alot different than Hybrid Theory and even improves on things a bit. Breaking The Habit, Session, Nobody's Listening, Numb aren't nu metal at all, and in terms of the nu metal songs, one can argue Hit The Floor and From The Inside where a bit different for them. Though I think Hybrid Theory was done better overall. Especially lyrically.
    +1

That would be awesome.

Captain-EO likes this.
  9. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Animals is quickly becoming one of my favorite unfinished LP songs. That instrumental is really banging

10. Captain-EO

Errr...

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!" :lol:

Jokes aside, I've made the same point as Tony several times. It's true that Meteora and Hybrid Theory are much closer in sound than any other two Linkin Park albums. However, Meteora is not simply an extension of Hybrid Theory. It's obvious how the band pushed the envelope in terms of their hip hop and metal influence on that album. Whereas a majority of Hybrid Theory is very pop-centric nu metal, Meteora fleshes out their hip hop influence. They incorporate hip hop elements throughout, most plainly in your face in songs like Hit the Floor and Nobody's Listening. If you compare the two, you'll find that Hybrid Theory is generally a more radio-friendly and poppy nu metal, while Meteora is a much heavier and more hip hop-influenced nu metal with more boundary-pushing here and there for Linkin Park at the time at least (e.g. Breaking the Habit, From the Inside).

11. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"Meteora" displays stronger production values as well, due to a combination of the band having become more experienced in a variety of areas and having access to better gear. Of the band's first two albums, it's the better-sounding one

12. Deliveranze

LOL well One Step Closer verses are slightly better than Don't Stay I'd say. :p

I agree though. I think that is why Meteora is my favorite LP record tbh. I think it's their worst album on a creative level (lyrics) but the production is phenomenal imo. The car burnout sample on Lying From You, the intro to SIB, the Japanese flute on Nobody's Listening, etc. All of it sounds fantastic. Meteora is one of the best sounding albums I've heard from 2003 and it overall sounds fresh imo. Maybe that's why I like it so much. I am a huge fan of hip hop and the hip hop influence on Meteora holds better than the more rock production of Hybrid Theory.

The issue I have with Meteora is on Mike. I actually like his super monotone voice but his rapping on Meteora is..ugh. Chester actually has some good verses on Meteora tbh. Breaking The Habit and Easier to Run are actually pretty good. I think what bothers me is that pretty much 99% of the metaphorical or imagery on Hybrid Theory was tossed away for incredibly blunt lyrics. Some like that but I wish Mike didn't toss away the interesting rhyme structures on Hybrid Theory for basic, elementary rapping on Meteora. Oh well. Like any LP record, there's good things and not so good things. :lol:

minuteforce likes this.
  13. Modern Guitar God

You're not considering the kid in Cleveland, assholes :kappa:

14. Deliveranze

Don Gilmore>>>>>>>>> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Rick Ruined :kappa:

15. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I actually find Meteora more radio-friendly than HT. The production values are MUCH higher and it's more condensed, which I think makes it the more accessible album. HT was a little rough around the edges being their 1st album.

The lyrics on some of the songs seem almost like a parody of Hybrid Theory, specifically "Don't Stay" which I find intolerable, but some others more than hold their own (BtH). The structure and themes of the two albums are similar, but Meteora has more electronic and hip-hop influenced instrumentals. Also, parts of "Reanimation" and "Breaking the Habit" have LP explore their symphonic side, which was obviously much more explored upon in their later albums.

They're alike and unalike, but I love both for different reasons. HT has that 1st album charm, Meteora has aged better.

Though I feel like we've all discussed this too many times before :lol:

Deliveranze and Captain-EO like this.
  16. Captain-EO

I argue the opposite because I find those Hybrid Theory songs more geared toward rock radio. I couldn't see Don't Stay, Hit the Floor, Figure.09, Nobody's Listening, or maybe even Easier to Run (simply because of its mood) getting on radio easily. On the other hand, I could easily see By Myself, A Place for My Head, With You, or even Forgotten being radio plays.

But pretty much no one listens to radio anymore but country fans anyway (and that's an actual statistic). :lol:

Nicholas, minuteforce and Deliveranze like this.
  17. Deliveranze

LOL oh man. Yeah I don't see that. :p I always thought By Myself was pretty rough for radio-play (same with Hit The Floor). I can't even see A Place For My Head on the radio. I definitely wouldn't see Forgotten playing.
    I can see Don't Stay, Figure. 09 play. Maybe not Nobody's Listening or Easier to Run (dark atmosphere) but idk. I think they both have their radio elements but Hybrid Theory seems a little less radio friendly to me for some reason. :p

18. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Those seem like super random picks to me. If OSC, LFY, BTH, and Faint got radio play, I don't see why Don't Stay, Figure 09, and maybe nobody's listening couldn't. Easier to run I get, but I would also say Forgotten seems a little off for a radio pick. Maybe it's just because we've grown to know these tracks as singles vs deep cuts, idk.

Deliveranze likes this.
  19. Deliveranze

I agree. I think the metaphorical conscious rapping on Forgotten seems way too hip hop oriented for rock radio anyway.

20. Modern Guitar God

@Deliveranze I second that the production and sound design on Meteora is actually pretty good. All the samples sound sophisticated and even sometimes sexy. I'm always impressed listening to the samples on "Hit the Floor" and "Easier to Run". The production on "Numb" is good, if you ignore the chorus :lol:. The sampled choir vocals in the verses are beautiful.

Captain-EO and Deliveranze like this.