Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

I know that Brad plays the fade in synth in the beginning of Blackout ... what he does before the breakdown ... no idea.

I would love some of that energy in the shows I'm seeing this summer

The Joesen One likes this.
  2. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Spotify is a music streaming service, the best one in my opinion, which you can listen to music for free or through a subscription. I strongly recommend the premium streaming since you can listen to music everywhere, without limits and without ads. And you have the latest in music. So... Spotify is my choice for One More Light. :)

3. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

He plays a one-handed droning part in the intro and the two choruses before the breakdown. It's a constant E note with a higher note that alternates from A to B every other measure. Mike's keyboard is a lot louder than Brad's, and he also plays that part during the intro, but when you hear it farther in the back during the choruses, that's Brad.

The Joesen One likes this.
  4. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

The promotion for this album has been excruciating. So fucking boring and uninteresting from the standpoint of a more dedicated fan, and I can't believe they think three months of this shit hype will make them sell more copies than, say, dropping the album a week after Heavy.

Is anyone like... actually excited to hear the album?

5. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Although I do think the Mike+Chester talks do align with the album, the lack of TV appearances have been surprisingly sparse for an album leadup. I do like that they're giving more attention to international press.

Although unlike THP, OML doesn't have much competition in the charts, unless Rascal Flatts pulls an upset or Paramore becomes #1 for another week (assuming they nab the top spot in the previous week).

6. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

You're right. The album could leak any day now and I really couldn't care less. First time ever I've been so lukewarm towards the release of a Linkin Park record. Every other record I've basically lived on this site 24/7 for any sliver of information.

There aren't even the obligatory annoying threads asking when the album will release.

7. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Yes me!... what am I the only one?

[​IMG]

brady and Halfway Dwight like this.
  8. The Joesen One

This will always be the "what if" Linkin Park song for me. (What if meaning what if the song ended up this way)

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  9. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

The promotion was really good up until around the time GG dropped. If they had dropped the album then instead of a 3rd single, I think the level of promotion would've been fine, but three months with almost no promotion in the final month is definitely a bit of a hype-killer.

Just for context, I looked up the time between the lead single release and full album release for each of the previous albums. Three months isn't ridiculously long, but it definitely hasn't been as exciting as previous album cycles IMO.

HT: 26 days
    Meteora: 8 days
    MTM: 42 days
    ATS: 37 days
    LT: 66 days
    THP: 102 days
    OML: 92 days

10. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

THP wasn't nearly an exciting album cycle eithet but at least I found the music exciting. Guilty as a lead single was one of the best decisions LP ever made imo. Right now I'm really not excited for anything.

Petar and Michele like this.
  11. The Joesen One

LINKIN PARK REACTS TO TEENS REACT TO LINKIN PARK

Doridorica and Iopia like this.
  12. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Yeah Guilty gets flak sometimes but it's genuinely one my favourite songs they've ever put out. Definitely my favourite out of their lead singles (although The Catalyst comes close).

13. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see this. I watched this episode and of course most teenagers remembered HT nad Meteora, some later albums. It'll be funny to see what Mike says.

14. Sasuke

The whole "React to Linkin Park" is a big bullshit to grab some clicks. when Mike wanted to play this game too, then he's definitely a sell-out :nonkappa:

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    minuteforce likes this.
  15. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

+1

16. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

They did a live stream on FB showing how their live Good Goodbye performance would sound. Mike rapped the "new" verse, and also you could hear that Lost in the Echo was to start after it. They also show themselves practicing Wastelands on instagram. I can't wait to see what this set has!

17. Sasuke

18. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I'm glad they're not dropping THP entirely, but I hope Wastelands isn't the only song they're keeping alive. I'd much rather have Rebellion or GATS. :lol:

19. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I still am :shrug:

20. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Saw this on /r/linkinpark

"So when Chester does the thing where he stands on the divider bar to sing right up against the crowd, I was pinned against his chest and the crowd. I humbly admit I inhaled some of his magnificent perspiration..and licked my wet Chester arms like a weirdo (go ahead judge me) I'm sure as a professional he expects such things. In fact after the concert I felt very empty. I met my idol, and he sweated in my mouth"

minuteforce, Sasuke and Doridorica like this.