Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Exactly, it's a Linkin Park release. Don't think of it as a bootleg or something, or that it's not worth owning because Linkin Park didn't make it. It boils down to whether you like it or not – if you do, buy it, if you don't like it, don't.

2. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Yet, I can't help but dislike that it even exists as an album, when songs like the UIB remix (the second one on the album) and the LITE remix appeared on YouTube long before LP had anything to do with them as part of a remix album. Mike even said that he basically just got inspired based on all the remixes happening. Idk the full story of reanimation, I just don't think it's accurate to say LP "invited" all the guests to do Recharged.

I think a more accurate origin story for Recharged would be that Mike/the band had the urge to do some EDM stuff, churned out ALTNC w/ Aoki and COG/Victimized mash-up, then just grabbed existing remixes to fill up the rest of a release, since he/they didn't want to do more himself because of some reason pertaining to THP.

3. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

The thing is, with reanimation, the band, and mainly Mike put in more effort than they wanted to. Some of them said that they didn't want to do that again. Recharged wasn't meant to be like Reanimation because the band didn't want to make an remix album like that again. Recharged was kinda "Just for fun". It's not a serious effort. Atleast that's what I think.

4. AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

Wasn't the LITE remix on the CD for the single?

5. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

No idea, maybe. I just know it existed for a good while before any official talk of Recharged happened.

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It was on the "Lost In The Echo" and "Castle Of Glass" singles in 2012, and, then, it also appeared on the Australian tour edition of "Living Things" in 2013.

7. GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

How do you guys pronounce Primo?Is it like Prime-O or Preemo?

8. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Preemo.

9. minuteforce

^ This. :)

10. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Primo is to Mark the Graves, as I'll be gone is to (something I'd really like to hear). Mark the Graves just feels too long and drawn out.

11. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

The cool things about songs like GATS(A single too) or MTG is that its different from what LP does which is short catchy songs. Sure, ALITS is the longest LP song but its made to be liked if that makes sense, its a safe bet. While, MTG, Drawbar and the decision to make GATS a single were riskier choices but the band took it. Kinda like In Between. Or ATS.

12. minuteforce

"The Catalyst" was lengthy too, definitely a risky choice for a single but it clearly got across that "A Thousand Suns" was not the same old from LP

13. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Mark the Grave is currently the only song I can't really get into on The Hunting Party now. The intro seems way too long, and it's just power chords and tremolo picking over and over, to the point where I zone out. The first power chord progression like 5 times followed by a little variation, then a tremolo picking part. Then another power chord progression that repeats with one variation. I don't think there was really a need to draw out each riff, as I don't even find them that catchy at all. There's no real progression over the course of the intro like in Guilty All the Same. Imagine if each new element in the GATS intro was repeated twice. That's how I feel Mark the Graves is.

14. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

The band's been awfully quiet now. THP and its singles need more promotion.

15. Filip

A couple says ago Mike mentioned he's in the studio writing new stuff.

16. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. Although someone who knows nothing about guitar won't think about it being just powerchords i guess, ask someone who doesn't know guitar to play air guitar to the song and they'll probably make it look a lot more complicated than what it is lol. I think something that hurt it is the whole garage-band tone they went for. It worked great on GATS and other tracks, but I'd like to hear MTG with the digital clarity of say, Victimized, maybe with some light electronics or something to make it more interesting. Either that, or the track should be a lot softer, maybe with acoustic guitars and a more folky feel.

17. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

MTG sounds primed for a little more electronic influence. They should have added some atmospheric synths.

I swear it sounds like some light scratching in the interlude between MTG and Drawbar. There's one sound that sounds particularly turntablish. Does anyone else know what I mean? Just coming from the electronic thing. If so, it's like the only scratch on the album lmao.

18. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Is that the Steve Aoki x LINKIN PARK stuff that they are planning for 2015 release?

19. Filip

I don't think so. I was under the impression that is done already. But it might be.

20. minuteforce

That's just a single song called "Horizons" and it's likely that that track has been finished for some time already. :)