Reanimation vids

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by wookiebastard, Jul 10, 2007.

wookiebastard

wookiebastard Member

I've seen a couple of low res vids that u can find them everywhere, even in utube i think, and i know they were aired on MTV once.

The thing is, that i've got some HQ dvd rips of some of the videos and i've recently learned there si an unofficial dvd called "Reanimation: The Videos". I cant find that dvd anywhere...

...anyone knows where to get all of the videos in HQ?

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah..I also found a few tidbits here and there regarding that Reanimation's songs all have videos of their own. Is it true? if so, where has this been confirmed? I've found this browsing around youtube so far. Pretty interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7jREO7pxCc

Alrightey, I found the rest of the videos for the other songs on the album. I'm still skeptical as to whether or not most of them are legit. Anywho, for anyone who's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbOxwS82ScA

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

there was a "reanimation" DVD; it was official. it contained surround sound versions of the all the songs and a few videos, including "Pts.Of.Athrty", "Kyur4 TH Ich" and "FRGT/10". ;) all the songs on "reanimation" were made into promo videos, each one rushed by random directors, although joe did do a few. "Opening" showed a girl going to sleep ... and "KRWLNG" showed her waking up. and everything in between is too unusual to explain. haha.

"Pts.Of.Athrty" thus had 2 videos - one that was made for MTV and the official promo video, which is the CGI one. that said, all the "reanimation" videos, save for maybe "Enth E ND", look really ... unofficial.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
    Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah, I have the dvd in possession, it also has a making of for Pts.Of.Athrty, but wow I never knew that there were other 'official' videos created for the other songs. I wonder who the directors were. The Enth E nd one may look unofficial, but that is definitely Mike Shinoda in the video rapping the exact lyrics here and there.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Opening: Mr.Hahn
    Pts.Of.Athrty: Nathan Karma Cox (both the official promo video and the "alternate" one)
    Enth E Nd: Jason Goldwach
    [Chali]: Mr.Hahn
    Frgt/10: Joshua Cordes
    P5hng Me A*wy: Scott Patton
    Plc.4 Mie Hæd: Shawn M.Foster
    X-Ecutioner Style: David Zager
    H! Vltg3: Estevan Oriol
    [Riff Raff]: Mr.Hahn
    Wth>You: Ryan Thompson
    Ntr\Mssion: Mr.Hahn
    Ppr:Kut: Mike Piscatelli
    Rnw@y: Kimo Proudfoot
    My<Dsmbr: Chip Miller
    [Stef]: Mr.Hahn
    By_Myslf: Matt Bass
    Kyur4 Th Ich: Mr.Hahn
    1stp Klosr: Shaun Smith
    Krwlng: Jonathan Ruppel

These were all made for MTV's "Playback" program. Playback was basically a televised variant of The Leak, where they would play an entire album on television before it was released. Typically, the only on-screen accompaniment to the music was the lyrics scrolling across. LP wanted to make it more interesting, so they hired a bunch of directors to make videos for each song on Reanimation, to be shown on the program.

The Reanimation Playback program only aired once, and it wasn't widely bootlegged. The versions of Kyur 4 th Ich and Frgt/10 that appeared on Playback were the same ones used on the Reanimation DVD audio disc later on.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2007
    Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any vids of any reanimation songs except Pts.Of.Athrty man I never knew they existed

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
    XVZ

XVZ Banned

I have seen all the Reanimation videos, i liked them. But i was almost thinking that Joe was in the PPR:KUT video, a guy in the video looked like him.

Astat

Yep, that is Joe! He's one of the random people shown in that video, I think he's somewhere near the end. I think the only other videos that show one of the band members are Mike being in Enth e Nd and Joe showing up at the very end of Kyur 4 th Ich.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I wonder what was scaring them in PPR:KUT

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

The video for Kyur4 TH Ich is badass!

Astat

The director for that video just took random people into that room and had them listen to music, but then he'd suddenly play a really loud noise to scare them. The camera was hidden, and the whole video is just their reactions to the loud noise.

WizzyKid

WizzyKid Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can find all the Reanimation vids? And does anyone know why they only added Frgt/10 and Kyur 4 th Ich on the LP Youtube channel?

cxerophim

cxerophim Member

Yeah, it's true that they were only aired once, which is what encouraged me to track them down. I found all the "real" tracks (i.e. not including the opening, intermission, etc.) and most of them were not awe-inspiring lol at first I though that they had a contest or something for amateur film-makers to put'em together, but now I know better. If anyone knows where to find the official dvd, give me some linkage ;)