Rebecca Black VS Jenna Rose VS Justin Bieber

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Money Maker Mike, Apr 8, 2011.

?

Who is worse?

1. Rebecca Black

33.3%
  2. Jenna Rose

12.5%
  3. Justin Bieber

20.8%
  4. OMGZZZ DEY ROX XXXXX U HATEZZ

16.7%
  5. Dear Ben, how do you even know these stuff?

16.7%

Who's worse?

Rebecca Black. Everyone knows her. Her song Friday is one of the most hated videos on youtube.

[video=youtube;CD2LRROpph0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0[/video]

Jenna Rose. Rebecca Black 2.0
    [video=youtube;7DwT_2QQU64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DwT_2QQU64[/video]

Justin Bieber's new single
    [video=youtube;p5Jw-T4dVss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Jw-T4dVss[/video]

EDIT: I posted this on random thoughts cause I can't say that Rebecca Black is music.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
    travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

All 3 songs have terrible lyrics, but Jenna Rose probably has the best out of them.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Justin Bieber is better than all, for the sole fact that he can actually sing, plays guitar, drums, trumpet and piano, and writes his own songs.

That and his songs are actually quite catchy and are pretty good once you put aside the fact that it's Justin Bieber singing them.

I know I've posted this in like 3 threads, but it's a good go-to. It's a Justin Bieber song sung by other people. All of a sudden it sounds better, huh?

[youtube]PUAPksxTDPQ[/youtube]

travz21

Bieber is only credited as co-writer, along with like 4 other people on most of his songs. So who knows what, if any, creative input he has with his album. Not to mention that there's like 10 different producers on his record. It's just standard trash pop. The real musicians use him as a face for their music and let him get all the fame for it, and a lot of the money.

Minus

[youtube]28VmUxTDU5Q[/youtube]

He paid his dues like everyone else. Busted his ass like anyone else. What makes him not a 'real' musician?

Producers are not necessarily writers.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Dude was discovered at what... 13/14 years of age? Yeah I'm sure he "busted his ass" like real musicians.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I had to go with the "OMG DEY ROXX" one because I felt like it wasn't the best option.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Who really gives a shit? Are we ever going to have a discussion about good music on here?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Bear in mind we're on a board about a band that more or less went from playing dives with no one giving a shit about them, to pretty much blowing up overnight after being signed by one of the biggest labels in the world because one of them knew the guy who'd just became boss.

I'm not saying whether or not they have paid their dues, but if Bieber hasn't Linkin Park haven't done a whole lot better in that respect.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Way to be horribly misinformed. I may dislike Bieber's music too, but you might want to research facts instead of assuming he was just manufactured and cherry picked ala Star Search or through Disney. Because you'd be completely wrong.

For starters, before he was discovered at Age 14, his mom would drive him around to local talent competitions in an effort to get him noticed. He'd work tirelessly teaching himself how to play the drums/guitar, and performing covers on YouTube in an effort to get noticed. Infact, the whole "getting discovered" was purely by accident to begin with. Scooter Braun was looking at another video on YT when he noticed Bieber's video as a suggested video, saw him performing a cover and decided to contact him to try and get him signed/find him some more exposure.

Bieber is listed as the primary songwriter on the majority of his songs. He may create music that makes me want to vomit, and might be incredibly poppy but that doesn't mean he doesn't work hard or just had his success handed to him. Far from it. Even not being a fan of Bieber, I know this. You should really look into his story a bit more instead of just assuming he got famous the same way Rebecca Black did (paying 2k to a fly by night music production company and having his first single completely written for him without any creative input from himself).

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Hey guys look I can trash on childrens entertainers aren't I cool.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Amen. Michael Jackson didn't write his own songs until he was older, and recorded a lot of covers as a child and he grew up to be one of the most influential and well recognized musicians of the last 4-5 decades. Am I saying any of these three artists have half the talent Michael Jackson had? Not at all, but I am saying that people are being a little ignorant if they think that by not writing your own songs it means you don't possess real talent.

If that's the case then phone up Paul McCartney and tell him The Beatles weren't talented, because their first record ("Please Please Me") was full of covers/songs that were written by other artists ("Mr. Postman", and "Anna" being two examples). It wasn't until a future record that they had a chance to write all of their own songs.

Heck even p!nk and other vocalists people are fans of on here get help writing their songs. It's not at all uncommon in the music industry, and it certainly doesn't mean you're untalented just because you ask for help.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Can't we just destroy them all. :lol:

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I'm sure other bands had a tougher path than LP, but if you ask me they had a pretty tough path.

First of all, they had to change vocalists after 3 or so years of not getting a label to sign them. Then once Chester was on board it still took them a few tries to get Warner to sign them. Compared to Bieber, they had one hell of a path if you ask me.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I accidentally voted for Bieber because I thought the question was who is the best out of 3.

Wait, what? I don't know that story, who knew who?

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

First off, bringing LP into this discussion doesn't make much sense to me. But for the sake of argument, LP were discovered in their 20s, unlike Bieber. So that automatically makes their path to stardom a lot harder. Not to mention the countless nights of them jamming, paying for instruments, doing shows prior to them blowing up. I'm pretty sure Mike's parents didn't have to drive the band around.

QFT. Derek I see what you're saying but imo these manufactured artists aren't worth defending. At the end of the day if the music isn't good, I don't give a shit if the artist works hard or not. That whole aspect just becomes irrelevant to me.

Minus

Then again, whether or not the music is 'good' is entirely subjective. Like in the video I posted. I actually find that version of Baby to be quite enjoyable, but that's up to individual tastes.

travz21

I never said he didn't used to write his songs on his own, or play his own instrumentals, but now is an entirely different story.

Does he contribute the only guitar and drum tracks for his songs? I don't know, but I'm sure they have much better players lay the stuff down instead of him.

Is he the inventive force behind the songs' catchy melodies or structures? Doubtful.

Maybe he is the primary writer of the lyrics. I wouldn't find too much pride in that if I wrote that stuff.

Beebs is most likey just the selling point for other better musicians that otherwise weren't famous enough to sell their music. That's what virtually all the big pop stars do. They can decide if they want to do everything on their own or find a band they like, or they can just have the record label supply everything for them except the vocals. Most pop artists are just lazy or aren't talented enough to sell their own music.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

But the thing is that Justin Bieber is talented. It's just true. As Minus eluded to, the reason that it's hard to listen to his music is that it's a 17 year old guy doing the singing.

travz21

Again, I never said he wasn't talented. I'm sure he's more talented than a lot of musicians his age (debatable), but if he's not playing his own stuff for his songs, he's just singing vocals, which means he's not talented enough to sell his own music.