Music Rebellion Guitar Cover

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by lordblood, Jul 24, 2014.

lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

Wanted to post my cover of Rebellion. Let me know what you think, also for other guitar players I would really appreciate tips on how to get better from a technical standpoint. I started playing guitar 6 years ago, but took a 4 year break until this summer due to college, so I'm really trying to get back into it. Thanks!

[video=youtube;eDt9R6yPFAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDt9R6yPFAY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

This is actually a pretty good cover so I don't see how you could possibly improve on it unless we get 100% official tabs from Daron on how it's played lol.

The only thing I would say is use upstrokes more often and not just on those 16th's when you have to - it's less strain on your strumming arm/hand and blends the chords better. Especially when playing this song I've found that I need my arm rested as much as possible :lol:

lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

Thanks for the feedback! The downpicking thing is such a bad habit, and it's made worse because I don't have the transition timings down perfect so I tend to downpick them for better accuracy. It's a habit that needs to go though, thanks for the tip!

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Definitely :)

The only time I seem to have a problem alternating is when playing diads on e and B or B and G. You can see what I'm talking about in my "Mark the Graves" cover during the verses. For some reason, I HAVE to downstroke all of it. Actually, I CAN upstroke it, too, but it doesn't sound as smooth and rings far more than it should - gotta pick up my speed perhaps.

[video=youtube_share;Hv2nq79GHWI]http://youtu.be/Hv2nq79GHWI?t=1m42s[/video]