RECHARGED - Review Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Qwerty19, Oct 21, 2013.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yep. I'm posting this thread for it to be a proper place where we can discuss this new release, "RECHARGED", post reviews, thoughs, and so on.. :) Not sure if people will be motivated enough to discuss it in details, but let's give it a try!

Personnaly, I'm surprised about it, especially since I was not expecting anything good. I think this effort is surprisingly cohesive. Despite being a compilation of random remix, the final product has its own musical universe, its own identity, which is something I was not expecting at all. It's like a travel through different sides of the EDM universe. Another thing is, the record is such damn energetic; I actually think it's more powerful more than Living Things. Somebody said in another thread he felt like the songs were really "recharged" and I gotta agree with him. LITE remix destroys its original version on the powerlevel, and the same goes for both IBG remix, STB remix, Datsik UIB remix, Powerless remix, RU remix, and even Victimized remix.

And finally, yes, I also think that on the composition level, we have some nice things here and here. COG remix has that sexy 8-bit beat, that epic bridge synth, and that epic final. Victimized is so out there that it isn't even funny. IBG 1 has one of the best Mike verses in recent memories. IBG 2 is a class combinaison between eerie synths, echoed vocals, and some dirty beat/bass. Money Mark version of UIB, even if it lacks a focus, is super-refreshing, and has tons of interesting noises/samples...and also a cool unpredictable beat. STB has just become a jam.

So yes. Of course, there are flaws: drops everywhere, some remix following cliché-pattern of the genre, and yes, those famous boum boum 4x4 beats. But overal, I will go against the general consensus, and say RECHARGED is a pretty fun and solid release. Fast-food music if you want, but sometimes, fast-food tastes good.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It's better than Meteora and Living Things.

CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

I just can't believe that Mike did a breakcore track hahah [Victimized RMX]. Not to mention, how slick his "EDM/House/Etc." producing skills are, or have been [Castle Of Glass RMX]. I've always said, but now more than ever, that I've wanted to hear Mike do a solo project where it was instrumental and electronic. Just listen to some of the LP interludes, FM instrumentals, VMA scores, LPU demos, etc. Mike could make some monstrous shit. :) Hope he does something like that one day. :D

Infinity

Infinity *

I am loving the power on this album, for me it beats Living Things even though it is'nt like Reanimation.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

It doesn't get any better. And then you get Rick Rubin's drug-induced reboot. And then that super new exclusive never-heard-before BID remix.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Now I don't even know who is being sarcastic and who is being sincere... It's hard to detect sarcasm in written form.

Praydox

Praydox Me, Myself and I

I have no words for it...
    For me, it's a new low point in their career. And I'm just "shocked" that LP did something like that.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Much better than the LT pre-order remixes.
    Except those which are actually from there.

xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

Why? They branched out like they ALWAYS do. This isn't JUST them doing the music either. This is OTHER artist interpretations of the songs with their remixes. Are they all perfect? No. Is this like Reanimation? Well obviously not. But it's at least SOMETHING. The band is constantly working on music to some degree, and I'll take what I can get, even if I don't like it. It's something. Something is better than nothing last I checked.

I enjoy Ryu's appearance. Hope Mike does something with SOB again.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I don't know why some people keep talking as if this compilation was singlehandedly crafted by Linkin Park. IT WASN'T.

:facepalm:

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

It has a few decent moments, but overall it's shit that I won't care about in a few days.

Praydox

Praydox Me, Myself and I

My problem with the album is, that it has the name "Linkin Park" on it... no matter if it was made by them or other people. It's bad stuff under a great name and that is what shocks me.

@xEsaul: I don't think so. I rather take nothing than something that is bad.

Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

Horrible, terrible, awful.

This is one of the worst albums I have ever heard. In fact, it is so bad I think it might have given me cancer.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Alright, cancer isn't something to joke about. Lets not joke about it.

north

north New Member

Anyone noticed Ryus part in the "Skin To Bone" Remix?

"Fort Minor: We Major; let's take it to phase II
    The mission isn't finished yet
    I've been on the internet
    Hearin fans talk and maybe we should consider it "

Just a thought.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I remember when Reanimation came out everyone hated it because they were doing that "rap shit". Now? Everyone loves it. It has aged so well. Keep that in mind.

xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

Technically it's not an album per se.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

can't wait maybe 2015

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

The only songs worth listening to are ALTNC and its remix. I'd label the rest as garbage, but that's being too generous.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

I genuinely like about 10/16 tracks. While I kind of hate the other 6, the M. Shinoda remixes are just so fucking incredible. An album of M. Shinoda reinterpreting Living Things would've been 10x better.

However, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. Was expecting much worse. Also, dat I'll Be Gone remix is probably the first LP remix I prefer over the original easily.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013