RECHARGED - Review Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Qwerty19, Oct 21, 2013.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I think the album was a lot better than i expected.

The new rap verses by Mike and other musicians are awesome!
    I even like some of the remixes.

Take it for what it is, a remix album, with an EDM wipe to it. Listen to the remixes you like, and ignore the ones you don't.
    Some of the remixes, to me, is garbage. But i really don't blame the band because, the album is a coalition with different artists.

With that said, i have had more than enough of EDM LP for now. I hope the new album will sound nothing like this, or else i think they have went a little overboard.
    But a good Remix album anyway!

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The feeling I'm getting from this thread is that for people already familiar with EDM, this sounds fairly generic; for people strictly into rock, this sounds like crap; and for more open-minded people or those who aren't too familiar with EDM but willing to give it a chance, this sounds pretty fresh. Not that these categories are mutually exclusive.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

YEAH BRUH!!

I could say I definitely fit into the third group :lol:.. I like dance music but I'm not in the loop with the current trend :)isee:), I just listen to a select group of artists and this album has continuously grown on my since first listen. It's a different spin from what I usually listen to.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I have a very open mind to music. I do listen to a lot of rock music but that's besides the point. There's nothing wrong with thinking an album is crap, especially for people who don't care for remixes very much. The best remixes are ones that show the emotion or vibe of a song in different way that sounds unique IMO. And I can only say that for a few tracks at most on RECHARGED.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
    Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I didn't mean to imply anyone who doesn't like it isn't open-minded. In fact, as someone who is a little bit familiar with EDM, I can recognize some of the generic 'tropes' used here. But I still enjoy the efforts, especially all the stuff by Mike.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Okay, I finally took time to listen to the while thing :lol:

Here we go [all this is my opinion so I say something is shit, it's because I don't like it]:
    01. C+ / catchy as shit, I don't mind EDM so it wasn't terrible
    02. C / all different shit going down here, just average
    03. C- / we're going into shitty dubstep territory here
    04. C+ / cool as fuck, but how long is this shit?
    05. B+ / King Push, that is all. oh, and Shinoda
    06. C- / more territory I don't like. Choruses are dope though
    07. D+ / who the fuck is Bun B? He ruins it.
    08. D+ / .. okay then
    09. C- / sounds like the original
    10. C- / Mike's verses are too good, the music is shit
    11. C+ / thank fuck for Mike, fucking killed it Ryu is chill. Dope beat
    12. D+ / get on Pusha's level
    13. D+ / uhm ... fuck. Can't save this one
    14. B / Rick knows to to jam the fuck out
    15. C- / would have paid so much more just for this last one​

Aight, I didn't like it overall but there are some good ones that could be slept on.

BIG OLD MOTHERFUCKING C- < that's the legit grade name for it, yo.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

well...I really find them decent only the LITE remix is (to me) the only bad one here..but top notch are Mike's Remixes aswell as Rick's
    they are definitely different as mike already said

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Mike's verse in the IBG remix gives me chills. I want him to rap like that again! Holy fuck. That's awesome.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I just realized there is no 'Joe Hahn' remix. What a missed opportunity!!

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Yeah.. Was there anyone really involved in Recharged besides Shinoda (apart from a decision part)? Feels kinda weird to see the name 'Linkin Park' on it, even though the original instrumental was mostly deleted and only him and other remixers were part of it. Everyone of them could've done at least one remix. But I guess they wanted it to be a collection of all the tracks they got..

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Seeing the behinds the scenes on pretty much everything they do, it would suggest they run EVERYTHING by the band if it has the band's name on it. Just because they didn't pick up instruments doesn't mean they weren't involved. I am guessing they probably chose the remixes together.

Edit: This thread also shows my ignorance in believing all LP fans know of most prominent rappers. It appears I am mistaken lol. I forgot not all of us are regular hip-hop listeners (ie "who the fuck is Bun B?")

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Oh you were mistaken indeed. I didn't know who ANY of them were except for Ryu and of course Shinoda.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Yeah... that would be the least.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

I liked two songs, including A Light That Never Comes.

Seriously dissapointed with the album. Way too much wub for me.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

:wub:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Good.

Did you notice how much bass is packed into "A Light That Never Comes", though? ;P

Justin V.

If I take out the remixes I loathe then I'm left with a pretty decent remix album. It can understand the criticism that it may be a little too dubstep influenced for some (as it is hopping on a trend). With these tempos you either knock it down to 128-130 for Electro House or knock it up to 140 for half-time feel Dubstep. LITE was upped from 120-140 which is forcing it a bit.

Love the Vice remix the most along with Rick's. Absolutely hate Victimized. Yeah Breakcore is new for them but not really all that suprising for a song like Victimized given the contact. Would have liked to see something a little more outside of the harder genres for that song. Not a fan of the Roads Untraveled Mix or Schoolboy's I'll Be Gone. Money Mark's is the WORST REMIX period. Just... ugh.

Another criticism is I wish they could have taken off the effects on Mike's vocals for the UIB remixes. I was hoping for some crystal clear verses as all the delay and filters really doesn't fit them. And I wish they would have done more songs. How can you do a 15 track album with 4 songs having more than one remix? Super lazy. Either the other remixes sucked hard or they really wanted everything to be in the 120-140 bpm range.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Some people like how the rapping is sped-up, though, so there's at least that. I'd like to hear Shinoda spit that fast on a studio recording some time in the future :)

Yeah, it's obvious that those producers had to use the same resources that were released to us. It would've been nice to hear some different vocal treatments for "Breaks".

Justin V.

I do like it sped up. It doesn't sound like he couldn't do it, which is a problem when you speed up vocals for remixes. My singer is always saying "SLOW DOWN! I can't get all the words out!" There's a certain point you hit where a vocal will sound unnatural at a certain speed (unless you're Twista) so it's good that sped up it still sounds like something Mike could actually spit. Yeah he definitely needs to pull a Reading My Eyes on a studio recording in the future.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Whether good, bad, or meh, I must ask: is it worth its own cost?