Recommendations for great apps

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Nobody Can Shave Me Now, Aug 30, 2010.

Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

What that sentence implied was my understanding that in order for the phone to be in its jailbroken state it MUST be vulnerable. Vulnerability is a prerequisite to this kind of jailbreak. I was not aware of a 3rd party patch so my logic went as follows: "The jailbreak requires a vulnerability, in order for the phone to be jailbroken this way that vulnerability must remain. Therefore all phones jailbroken this way are vulnerable to this pdf exploit." That was the progression I used to make that sentence work, which at the time was completely correct to my knowledge. You're misreading that sentence and picking it out. I NOW understand that there is a 3rd party fix of questionable worth and am willing to put an asterisk on the end of that statement linked to the word "maybe."

Also I have a grasp of the state of security and how it works, I'm just saying I think it's irresponsible for people like you or I to say there's "nothing wrong" with jailbreaking — because there kind of is*

*Unless you're so incredibly technically competent that you already knew how to use advanced jailbreaking software and therefor jailbreakme.com wasn't aimed at you anyway.