Ref is at LPA!!!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Camp' started by Reflectionist, Nov 17, 2007.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Heh whats up Reflectionist hope you have a good time here and stay active!

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Meh, better to meet the mods vicariously.

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

Despite the drama, welcome Ref!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah welcome to the forums Ref! Have fun!

Reflectionist

Thanks!

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

Welcome! Enjoy your stay!

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Duh, Gene Simmons is a regular poster on these forums and would be greatly offended by that. :rolleyes:

These forums aren't anti-insults; they're anti insulting other posters intelligence.

Welcome to the forums Ref, and despite what some people may be inaccurately saying to you, these forums are a great place to meet friends and have intelligent conversations, unlike some forums which let trolls roam the thread and intimidate and offend people. It's a very healthy place to start and continue discussion, and I hope that despite the unnecessary comments in this thread that you continue to explore the forums. :)

Reflectionist

....what?

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Wow. Derek makes his point, everything gets settled and the thread continues, and now you try to start crap again.

I suggest you stop while everything is calm or else you're going to start a bunch of bullshit again by offending people. Quit trying to describe LPF, Mark. That statement would apply for LPA if you inserted 'mods' where 'trolls' is.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
    Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

I'm not really in a place to get involved...but...are you really trying to get in trouble? As you said yourself, Derek made his point, so everyone should just drop it. Why don't you just be the 'bigger' person and not be intimidated / offended by everything?

Welcome to the LPA Ref. Enjoy your stay ^_^

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

Way to assume it was about LPF.

I mentioned that you were very ETS. It's a NIN forum. They specifically have usertitles known as Troll (and a specific one stemming back from ETS history that is far too complicated to explain). And I know that NIN is Mark's fave band, so don't worry, he may not be offending your precious LPF.

Either way, stop instigating fights with high-up invidivuals on the board.

For the last time, cut the shit. Derek made his point, Andrea made her point, and thats it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
    Derek

With all due respect Hahninator, the trolls comment was in reference to boards that Mark usually frequents and not LPF. However if it was me saying all of this, I'd put it in reference to you starting up an unnecessary argument in this thread, when you know yourself it was completely uncalled for and not needed.

Amazing how the first chance you get, you take a stab at insulting the staff again by insinuating that we are in fact the real 'trolls' of this board.

Was it needed for me to direct Mark's UNRELATED trolls comment against you? Not at all, but it is hardly a stretch from the truth. You basically tried to steer someone away from posting on our forums for good, and for that you owe not just me...but the entire LPA staff an apology.

We've given a lot to you, and Linkin Park fans and all we ask for in return is some common respect and decency for all of our hard work. The reason we are the way we are with our rules, is because we've seen how a once great fan community (the LPUMB) has gone completely downhill, and now want to prevent ourselves from ever becoming the same way.

The minute we let teenies run rampant, the intelligence of the board to plummet, and for people to make absolutely pointless posts, is the day this website officially loses it's focus...and believe me that will not be happening anytime soon.

That is not who we are, nor will we ever be that way.

Now stop polluting this gentleman's newbie thread with your anti-LPA garbage. If you are going to apologize, than please do so...otherwise forget about it. Like the old saying goes 'if you don't have anything nice to say, than please do not say anything at all'.

Thanks.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Wow I missed all the fun. :lol:

Welcome to LPA Ref, hopefully the stuff that went on in this thread won't make you think twice about coming here. :lol:

This is a great community and I'm sure you'll have fun here. :)

Mark

I was referring to trolls on other forums like the LPMB and LPUMB, and other forums I visit like Echoingthesound, Chat.mapleleafs.com and Hockeybuzz.com. I've never been to LPF, so I don't know about your forums.

I can see why you would read that as a slight against your website, but it wasn't.

Now can we please stop blowing things out of proportion?

Reflectionist

Well, to be honest, that's what I took it as, but only because it was in such close proximity to what you guys were talking about with LPF.

Derek

We have no disrespect for other fan sites (even the ones who hate us) and support every one of them equally.

After all, it was another LPA (Linkin Park Alliance) who promoted us in our early days and helped get our name out to the world. For that, we are eternally thankful.

Mark

If I was referring to them, I probably would have italicized or bolded it for emphasis.

It's merely a case of lost in translation. ;)

Reflectionist

I don't think LPF hates you. I just think you run things differently and what works for some doesn't work for others.

Mark

Exactly.

Different websites have different policies and ways of policing their forums. It's not going to be the same for all forums.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Welcome Ref! Enjoyed the remix and hope you enjoy your stay here!