Report: Linkin Park's New Single to be Titled 'Heavy'

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

I know that the collaborators along with the band members' playlists have shown a pop leaning, but the band hasn't officially said a word about pop or RnB. I feel like the album won't be as light as we're expecting. I wouldn't be disappointed if I'm wrong though.

2. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

I don't think that people always had known exactly how the album was going to sound. Instead, they always knew what to expect. Like before MTM everyone was expecting a very different album, or before ATS where everyone was waiting for a concept record (actually it's not a real concept album but with a theme). But for this record we don't know what to expect. People are saying that is going to be a soft one but the band has never said anything. So I'm still waiting!

3. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I would love to see them try this approach, but definitely not a full album of this. (Quality song tho)

Captain-EO likes this.
  4. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Is anyone else here fairly disappointed that LP is seemingly not building upon the technical improvements in THP for LP7?
    What I mean is that there has not been any confirmation that the more advanced drumming and more sophisticated guitar work (solos, different techniques in different songs) is transferring over to the new album. Of course, we may still see some of this in future songs, but I'm not confident at this point that we will.

Other than that concern, I'm still very excited to hear what LP brings us next. What's funny is that listening to LP's main studio albums, and then listening to the various LPU releases, sometimes seems like listening to two different bands. The amount of diversity in sound is truly staggering, and I do hope that this same diversity carries over to LP7, perhaps in new ways.

5. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

New The 1975 and new Linkin Park both coming out on the 21st! I'm about to eat that day :D

6. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Minutes to Midnight was the most hype because of the gap between it and everyone wanted to see what the masterminds of LP could come up with

7. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

I started listening to LP in 2008 and from all album cycles I've seen, I think Living Things and ATS were WAY more hyped by the fanbase.

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Again these are all assumptions based off of literally no evidence whatsoever. We don't know if the band has gone simplistic, or have really technical parts in the songs. There is absolutely no evidence yet to support either way.

Bane and Sasuke like this.
  9. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

How can you be so sure if the band has said nothing and nobody else has listened to the work? (or maybe someone has but isn't allowed to talk) .. Seems a pretty weird thing to be disappointed in at this moment.

10. Dyl

Dyl Well-Known Member

I think they're about to upload clip 3. Just got a notification on YouTube that clip 2 was on there. Last time when they uploaded clip 1 on YouTube right after that clip 2 was on their website

HybridT likes this.
  11. Dyl

Dyl Well-Known Member

Been my favorite band since hybrid theory came out, for me ATS was the most fun and hyped. Although LP7 has been very interesting and got me hyped!

12. Joelesius

Joelesius Member

It's coming so...

13. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

True! We'll have to wait now...

14. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Agreed. For all we know, there might be a flaming guitar solo in the Kiiara featured song.

15. Joelesius

Joelesius Member

16. Dyl

Dyl Well-Known Member

It's up!!! Clip 3!

17. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Any surprise that the URL is one? :)

18. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Nice. Feels good to be posting after three years.
    Anyways, I have been following the pre-album hype since Living Things and it seems that everytime they release something new, be it a new album or a single, it is always around the release date of Maroon5 album or a single. Hell of a coincidence. :lol:

Edit: I love the melody. Can't wait for the song

19. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Just an update to say that the initial listing of Linkin Park - Heavy on FMQB has been removed. Could be that Warner Bros. wasn't ready to make it public yet and wanted to control how the information gets out more. We will probably see the single information pop up elsewhere before the 17th so we will know more by then hopefully.

[​IMG]

20. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Or it could be that they got the date wrong, and people were interpreting it in a way that WB wasn't happy with.