Rick Rubin Producing Next Linkin Park Album, Discusses Progress

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Amazing how much this thread has completely derailed off topic. :p

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

My grammar nazi ways are spreading overseas, it seems.

GET IT?! BECAUSE I'M IN THE US, AND DEAN'S IN THE UK, AND HE'S OVERSEAS AND THAT'S WHAT DEAN POINTED OUT AS AN ERROR IN AGENT O'S POST OMFG IT'S FUCKING BRILLIANT LAUGH GOD DAMN IT OR I'LL SLICE YOUR FACE WITH A HIGHLIGHTER

EDIT: Derek, it's not THAT off-topic. The discussion turned into whether LP could survive without a label, and we're still on the subject of musicians surviving as an independent entity.

3. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Indeed... Pass the candy please.

On topic: I wonder if Rick has any new tricks up his sleeve for the band like he did with telling Mike about automatic writing.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  4. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

It's amazing how many new people show up on here when new album talks begin. :lol:

But if I see one more post suggesting the band is failing because of their album sales, I might lose it.

5. Minus

The band is failing because of their album sales.

6. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

He keeps his tricks in his beard, not his sleeve.

+1

7. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Yep, it's all downhill for the band now. Sales will lead to a break up for sure. /sarcasm. :p

Ah yes... I forgot Rubin doesn't need sleeves. His beard keeps him warm when it's cold.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  8. BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

Oh man, Linkin Park is going to break up any time now because of record sales!

9. Minus

I thought they already broke up?!

10. El Muerto

That's only if they manage not to break up because of all the recent Chester's trash talking about Mike.

11. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Chester is clearly jealous of Mike, did you read the Kerrang interview?! Like, OH EM GEE...

:popcorn:

Edit: LOL eff you, El Muerto. :lol:

12. Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

I love ATS! So well, yeah. Sure I would've liked some "new blood" as someone expressed earlier in the thread. But still, ATS is an AWESOME album, second best (nothing beats HT). So I'm really looking forward what they bring out next. And as ppl have already said. Mike usually does all the producing himself, just that Rubin gives advice and so on. So yeah, I think this is gonna be awesome. Like ATS was a "test" or a "beta" and now comes the REAL THING ;D Hopefully! ^^

And yeah, it does seem like they have a quicker pace this time. But I'm not expecting an album until atleast second half of 2012!

13. Minus

Don't expect an album at all. The band broke up recently.

14. arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

The problem with your post is that you are insinuating that you know what the band members want and think and use your opinion as the consensus. I'm sure that there are many people who feel the same way as you do, but at the end of the day, its an opinion that does not take into consideration the true opinions of the band themselves and those of other fans who do not see their music the same way as you. And even then, you have chosen to interpret their opinion as them being in denial or lying to themselves or dishonest simply because you refuse to accept the fact that what you think their priority should be does not equate to what they say is their priority. So really, aren't you the one being in denial?
    If after 4 years after MtM and you're still butthurt over their change in music, then you should probably examine your perspective. They are not asking you to stick with them if you don't like their choice in their sound change.

I took the survey and i was honest. I love their new album/sound a lot more than i do Meteora that's for sure. Look at you telling us to give them your own opinions. You're implying that every fan must feel the same way and that if some don't give negative opinions, then they must be kissing their ass. Not at all biased and stupid. I don't assume fans who give negative opinions are being asses. Opinions are what they are.

15. BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

Yeah, Thank god, They where planning to make Meteora part 2, Too bad ATS was cancelled

16. El Muerto

Well they did call me dedos rapidos while I was doing time in a prison in Honduras.

17. Benjamin

I've been a fan of yours this entire thread, but your less than funny and predictable reply to my post was less than funny and predictable.

18. Minus

Back on topic, Rick Rubin really needs to get back to when he used to make artists do random cover songs out of left field. COUGH COUGH HINT HINT NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK GOD DAMN IT TAKE THE DAMN SUBTLE DEMAND YOU FUCKER

EDIT: Dumbledore, I take the fall so some dumb idiot doesn't take the bait first and look like an even bigger idiot.

19. Benjamin

Shit, that actually makes sense.

20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

ROUND TWO. BEGIN!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.